Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Came for the comments

Chatty Member
Adam deacon had a rift with him was later sectioned and was charged with trolling him Adam swore blind Noel was out to ruin his career and everyone made out Adam had mental
Health issues makes me wonder how much truth to all that there actually is !!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 102

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
A colleague at my work got me in a corner when it was very quiet..it was 9am. He knew there was no CCTV. He grabbed me and rubbed himself up against me. It was shocking and made me feel sick.
I immediately went up to my office where 2 of my colleagues were. They asked if I was ok cos I looked unwell. I said I think I've just been groped/touched and my colleague said I bet I know who that is. Both colleagues without discussing it knew the man.
Everyone in my organisation knows of this man. He has a list of allegations as long as his arm. He's had women officially complain about him.
He then sort me out a few days later to intimidate me.
I decided to complain and make an official complaint. I went through all the channel, there was a hearing at work etc
And the outcome well firstly after the initial fake praise of well done you're so brave I heard fuck all. I had to chase them!
The upshot: we know he's done it but our hands are tied.
This man is not allowed in certain parts of the building because women are on their own.
Like wtf you have a staff member who is so dangerous he's not allowed places and still my business don't see the issue.
Oh and I was told by my company I should try counselling ....like I'm the problem

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
It isn’t so much about a bandwagon, it’s that you aren’t the only voice anymore.
I have experience of being hit repeatedly by an ex. I’ve never told anyone about him (I’ve told one person I was hit but they are a friend who lives far away and doesn’t know anyone in my circle here)

The reason I don’t tell people is because I’m ashamed but also scared. He’s mean and much more nasty than other people realise. I don’t think people have any idea what he is really like - he’s a bully with very few morals.
No way am I exposing myself or my kids to that. I’m not telling people what he is like. It took so much to get out of that life, I’m just staying quiet. Staying off his radar and keeping my head down.
And he isn’t even in my work life or can influence it. Unlike Noel and most of his accusers. I can cut this man out my life entirely. I don’t think they could.

However, if a lot of women started telling their stories and they were similar, then yes.
Of course I would speak up.
Of course I would tell people and show the photos I have of the bruises.

But until then I’m keeping quiet.

This isn’t about bandwagons. It’s safety in numbers.

As a woman who was in an abusive relationship for 2 years I totally get this. I haven’t actually told anyone because I feel this. I feel like everyone needs me to prove it wasn’t my fault all while they pick it apart like they don’t believe me, like it was my fault.

It is so hard to explain how you feel as a victim to someone who isn’t.
I tried to tell someone once. I started saying he had hit me and she interrupted me and said
“I’m surprised you put up with that. I thought you were strong”
So I didn’t tell her anymore I changed the subject.
And I drove home crying thing how weak I was that I didn’t walk away immediately. That I went back.
It’s such a complicated dynamic and leaves such scars.
It is very hard to understand, I know. But the thing is, you don’t have to understand. You just have to not be a critical arsehole when your friend tells you about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Dinkydonut

Glad for this thread as I have a personal experience with Noel Clarke. Back in 2009 I tweeted him about how much I enjoyed kidulthood and would be interested in picking his brains about how he managed to break into the industry and become so successful as a actor/screenwriter/director as at the time I was working with a young person who was interested in this area.
He tweeted me back n we had a good conversation and gave me some good advice to pass on, over the next few days he started to DM me at first I was quite flattered as he was charming and complimentary and was so obviously flirting. Then he asked me to send him a video of me playing with my vagina and to make sure he could also see my face. I was literally shocked and sickened as he went from flirting to asking me for that quite quickly. I didn’t respond I just unfollowed him and didn’t tell anyone about and just filed it away in my mind.
It wasn’t until all these stories came out that I read them that I realised every single one of those girls are speaking the truth this man is a master manipulator and abuser of women and power. I do however feel sorry for his wife and children.
It feels good to get that off my chest as I’ve never spoken about it more through embarrassment rather than feeling violated I’m not jumping on the bandwagon but I feel if he did that to me a 32 year old (at the time) professional woman with children, then there must have been many other women and girls he asked for similar and maybe some were manipulated maybe blackmailed into doing as he asked. Sorry for the novel. I just felt it was a good place to share my story.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Am I missing something here? This isn’t even remotely comparable to what Wayne Rooney or David Beckham have done?
Yeah, we're not talking consensual affairs, shagging about with eager football groupies, or paid arrangements with women who aren't complaining about it. We're not talking cheating on your wife who has the normal recourse taking you to court and divorces your arse, none of which really affects your colleagues or workplace. We're talking a sustained career of workplace bullying, outright sexual harrassment, secret recordings of women naked, and generally being a rotten bag of shite to work with.

If footballers are raping, sexually harassing people at work, or making others' lives a professional or personal misery they need to be brought to task too, or if acting criminally, out on trial, like Giggs is now.

This isn't about prudery, or disapproving of people having sex, or fun, it's about being a workplace and industry menace to women and underlings, with the cherry on the shit sundae of being someone who was out there prating about equality, of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Topaz

Chatty Member
As @Kinvarra rightly pointed out, anybody who is using the 'trial by media' line is confusing tabloid harassment with what this story is, investigative journalism. The Guardian aren't covering their front page with pictures of a scowling Clarke next to a headline like VILE BEAST! Like some of the red tops are wont to. The journalists have undertaken a thorough and no doubt lengthy investigation into the claims made against him. It was stated in the article that they've seen evidence (emails, texts, the dick pic) and there's no way they would have gone to print without having the guidance of a legal team all the way through. Clarke and Maza clearly (according to the article) knew there was a piece coming from the G and allegedly they tried to scramble round to find out who was saying what about Clarke and to quash it if they could. The article is slanted towards the side of the women because they're the ones being interviewed and their statements are, imho, compelling and authentic. This isn't meant to be a puff piece that shows Clarke in a rosy light. The writers followed the trail of claims, witnesses and evidence and this is where it's led. Clarke's voice is in the article via the responses from his legal team.

This is all very, very different to, for example, a recent event of trial by media which was the Caroline Flack case. That was doorstopping her family/going through the bins/unflattering close-ups type stuff. We'll never know what went on that night, the reporting seemed to be based on speculations and assumptions and of course that photo of the bloody bed seemed to have been obtained in an underhand way. It was blown up over the front page to provoke a negative reaction and make CF look like a demon.

Noel Clarke isn't receiving that kind of treatment at the moment, and the Guardian wasn't skewering anything like the papers did with CF to make him look bad. The evidence and statements from the women does that by itself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Gutted about Noel Clarke always liked him... however footballers have been openly doing shit like this and worse for years, Wayne Rooney has sex with prostitutes yet was allowed to be paid millions for playing football still? They’re all disgusting scum bags yet are praised on the pitch. And nobody says a thing. If they outed every dick head like this in the public eye we’d be here forever so this does feel slightly like a witch hunt whilst all the other scum bags still get paid and glorified. David beckham?! The list is endless!!! I’m not saying what he did was right, but he looks talks and acts a certain way for people to say “I never trusted him” when in fact much much bigger predators are probably publicly well spoken white and middle class.
Am I missing something here? This isn’t even remotely comparable to what Wayne Rooney or David Beckham have done?

Reactions: 57

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Wayne Rooney, paying for prostitutes isn't wrong. What was wrong with what Wayne did was he was cheating on his wife in doing so. Beckham affairs, same, its cheating. It's not taking advantage and abusing women in the way Noel has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54

hrh89

VIP Member
Why on earth would 20 women pick Noel Clarke of all people to take down? For what? Fun? Cannot believe some of these comments. It’s also obvious from his response that it’s true

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
People talk about how Clarke is having his career ruined, isn’t it obvious the only person who ruined his career is Clarke himself! If he had behaved like a decent human being none of this would be happening right now obviously, he brought this all on himself through his own behaviour, yet people still wanna find ways to victim blame or feel sorry for him.

What about the careers of the women he ruined, one of them left the film industry because of it. What about the many lives and careers that creeps like this ruin, including men in this case too, with bullying. Does anyone really think 20 women and counting would be accusing him and men coming out in support of them who witnessed his behaviour, if he’d been innocent.

And you now have a male Eastenders actor saying how he regrets not speaking up about things he witnessed. It’s proof that creeps like this get away with it for years, because no one speaks up or when they do they’re met with disbelief or apathy. And when 20 odd women finally do speak up they’re still dismissed by some in favour of putting the creeps career first, when people like him have spent years ruining dozens of people’s lives and careers. Women have had to put up with years of sexual assault at home, work and on the streets on a daily basis, the recent accounts on the internet and talking to other women friends have horrified me recently and it makes the career of one powerful little creep pale into insignificance in comparison. He’s finally getting a taste of his own medicine in what it’s like to have your life ruined by others, it’s called karma

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Sazbee

VIP Member
88CFFCAE-D299-430F-8D2F-09A703D74E3E.jpeg

Adam deacon having his say now. It’s sad he wasn’t believed in the past and he’s obviously suffered pretty badly because of Noel. Hopefully he can get some closure now.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
20 different people, from production to those acting alongside him, have made allegations against him. One or two, you might think there is a chance of misunderstandings. But 20 people? Are the police involved?
Very telling that many victims are female co-producers.

You can predict the tiresome old preying on lowly young actresses from industry sleazes, but it says even more about his poor character that he needed to harrass and demean women in an equal position to him behind the cameras. Bum smacking, erect dick pics, sexual put downs, 'fuck and fire' ... sounds like old Noel has a real chip on his shoulder about women in general, needing to put them in their place as sexual objects at every opportunity. The again reading his old interviews he's got a chip on his shoulder about a lot of stuff.

The bullying stuff doesn’t surprise me, I know someone (male) who’s worked with him who said he was a nasty piece of work.
Ooh, any details? Mate of mine was checking twitter and said a fair few people are saying they heard these stories about his behavior years ago. Typical industry, never stops until it goes public and becomes a PR disaster. Image is really the only thing they give a shit about.

quote]People who have worked with Clarke describe him as someone who will use his power as a director, writer and producer to target female co-stars and crew, sometimes – they allege – introducing himself to female colleagues by telling them he is a sex addict. Clarke’s lawyers dispute the characterisation of their client as a powerful figure in the industry, saying he worked his way up in the industry and was never in a position of complete autonomy and authority.

The actor and screenwriter Jing Lusi, who has starred in Crazy Rich Asians and Gangs of London, worked with Clarke on the film SAS: Red Notice, shot in Budapest in 2018. Clarke invited Lusi for dinner on 27 November 2018. During the meal, Clarke summoned the waiter for the cheque before Lusi had finished eating. She asked what the hurry was. According to Lusi, Clarke said that he wanted them to go to his place to have sex. She recalls laughing in disbelief. “He said he couldn’t help it: ‘It’s how you make me feel, I just really want to,’” she says. “Really laying it on thick and grossly and quite explicitly.”

According to Lusi’s account, when she made it clear she would not have sex with Clarke, his demeanour changed. Lusi says: “After he realised that it was not going to happen, he then absolutely without any emotion [said]: ‘All right, fine, don’t tell anyone about this, yeah? ’Cause if you do, it will get back to me, I will find out.’”

The next morning, Clarke sent her an emoji of a person with their finger to their lips, which she took as an indication that she should not tell anyone about his inappropriate behaviour. But Lusi did tell friends and others how disturbed she was by the incident. A friend she contacted three days afterwards recalls: “She messaged me and said: ‘Dude I’ve been #MeTooed at work by another actor and then sworn to secrecy and threatened.’”[/quote]

Pig. This article really reminds me of Ronan Farrow's article that broke the Weinstein story in its scope. The fact so many people in-industry are willing to stick their necks out, be named, and not hide behind anonymous or vague accusations gives it a lot of credibility.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I don't understand how so many are saying they always thought he was a nice guy. Literally every interview I've seen him in he comes across as incredibly arrogant and disrespectful.

I think to give BAFTA the benefit of the doubt, it seems like they were simply told there were some allegations and no further details were given. I'm not sure they had enough information to cut him off at that time.

Didn't he always refer to his wife as his "vagina at home"?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

terryann

Another pervert using His Power over women to get what he wants from them :(

How long before Katie Price pops up to claim he tried it with her too? Trouble is that he wouldn't need to try at all with that one and everybody knows it :)
Did katie Price take your man? How does your brain work in order to associate her with Mr Clarke and make her your main problem and not Mr Clarke? You have to have had a sudden occurrence of Marfan's to have enabled that reach.

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I think whats disturbing me about this today is how many women on social media are sticking up for him and accusing these women of lying or taking x years to report it.

If other women dont believe us, is it any wonder we have a hard time of getting the authorities to :(

• Wow
  • Sad

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Sadly not in a union. I learnt my lesson there.
He's disgusting and I still have to pass him and get emails from him.
It took me a year or so to get over shaking when I thought or saw him. I'd burst into tears at home.
To know this man has a vile reputation and is still employed and protected is the most upsetting part.
I've said he's dangerous, I've said he will do this again and it will be worse next time.
I'm so fucking angry now I nearly confronted him at work because he'd come to our area of work where he's banned.
It took everything I had not to chase him and tell him in front of everyone that he is banned because he's a predator
Hence HR saying I need counselling to manage my emotions.😧

I consider myself pretty tough and it took everything to make the complaint and go through the procedures and it nearly broke me.
I absolutely and totally see how these men get away with it.
And it won't just be 20 women. You can easily times that by 3 or 4. I'd say it's rare to come forward because it's such a complex situation and there are limited help in place for these situations.

Maybe I will go to the police ,just to chat to them

• Heart
  • Sad
I find the innocent until proven guilty stuff bizarre. Not everything that people do wrong is a police matter. Not everything that people do wrong ends up in a court room in front of a jury. Sometimes people are just bad people. You don’t need the police to tell you that.

Are people really saying the only way these women should be believed is if they take on the emotional energy and momentous life changing task of going to the police on? More punishment on top of what they’ve already been through? Many of the things described aren’t things the police are going to be particularly interested in. You think you can go to the police and tell them you were pressurised into doing a topless film scene? No, the police don’t help with that.

It’s insulting whataboutery. I don’t even need to hear their stories- powerful man in the film industry accused of sexual assault- don’t even explain woman, I believe you already. Of course he did it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Joexotica

The bullying stuff doesn’t surprise me, I know someone (male) who’s worked with him who said he was a nasty piece of work.

• Wow
Reactions: 47

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I am sorry you went through that. I wish you had reported it because if anyone he had been vile with had come forward at the time it happened, he would have been cancelled sooner, which would have saved others from him.
Bit victim blamey, no? Sure logically, its right but woah there 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 46