Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, let’s take the example of Roxanne Pallett in the big brother house. She went and made an accusation which was absolutely not true. She felt the way she did but it was recorded he did nothing wrong.

So, had there have been no cameras, the world would be screaming she must be believed and that the man must be in the wrong. His career in tatters.

So now this. I’m not saying that he’s innocent, I’m not saying he didn’t do the things these women are saying. But at what point do we just believe accusations to be 100% totally the truth before it’s been proven to be so, because he’s a man?
Because 20 women say so and some of them have photos of his dick that were clearly sent from him?

Reactions: 21
I heard Clarke on Jay Rayner’s podcast recently and was surprised both as how arrogant Clarke came across and how dazzled Rayner sounded. I love Doctor Who and I’m 99% sure Barryman whipping his penis out at any possible opportunity even features in his autobiography as a funny thing he does. It makes me sad it was such a toxic work environment. It does taint it a bit, I can’t watch it again and not know how he was behaving

Reactions: 12
Yes but 1 or 20 it can be just as damaging.

I think my point was, without there being solid proof it is his word against the others and until that’s proven I don’t really think someone’s career should be ruined over it. As I mean I’m not stupid there’s no smoke without fire, but what if it’s not 100% true or been exaggerated.

These woman have the absolute right and bravery to speak out and I totally respect them for that.
I feel like you’re missing the point entirely.

A lot of men (especially men in powerful positions) get away with this behaviour because they know there’s not enough evidence and take advantage of the fact that it will be his word against hers/theirs. Taking this to an actual court will be incredibly hard unless there’s solid evidence and/or witnesses. And lack of evidence doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. And considering there’s at least 20 women now I think it’s fair to assume it’s all true.

Reactions: 35
I was listening to Fearne Cottons podcast where Billie Piper was the guest, and she had to stop herself from divulging the crazy details of abuse in the industry when the conversation was heading that way... I wonder if she was referring to this and stopped herself, as obviously they were on the same show at the same time...
i was thinking about Billie today. I would love to hear her experience with him considering they worked together for a long time and she was pretty young at the time. I wonder if she will say anything

Reactions: 16
Look I’m not going to get into a debate about did he / didn’t he because I’m not the women and I’m not him so I can’t say, at the moment it’s their words against his, plus I’ve said above there’s no smoke without fire and how brave those women are for saying what they are if it’s true.

However- I am disagreeing with this culture of ‘if a women says it it must be true’. I’m a mother of a son and a daughter and I fear for my son growing into a world where a woman could say anything about him and it would be assumed to be true. That’s all.

Because 20 women say so and some of them have photos of his dick that were clearly sent from him?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Clarke probably started the predatory ways when he started producing. He was not well known when he was on Dr Who, so he probably didn’t hassle Billie Piper. Billie probably suffered when she was in the music industry. She was so young then.

Reactions: 14
I heard Clarke on Jay Rayner’s podcast recently and was surprised both as how arrogant Clarke came across and how dazzled Rayner sounded. I love Doctor Who and I’m 99% sure Barryman whipping his penis out at any possible opportunity even features in his autobiography as a funny thing he does. It makes me sad it was such a toxic work environment. It does taint it a bit, I can’t watch it again and not know how he was behaving
So John barrowman getting his penis out isn’t at all predatory? It’s just a funny joke? If social wanted to to skew that and take him down they pretty easily could, but they’ve chosen not to. It could easily be written into a newspaper article into a certain way which triggers people’s personal experience like this clearly has given some of the very personal views on it all above. It’s a very personal topic but people’s individual experiences of sexual assault doesn’t make the allegations here any more or less true. This is why this is all so dangerous.

Reactions: 5
Clarke probably started the predatory ways when he started producing. He was not well known when he was on Dr Who, so he probably didn’t hassle Billie Piper. Billie probably suffered when she was in the music industry. She was so young then.
Yeah maybe I don’t know - I can’t exactly remember what was said or maybe it wasn’t even said like that but she went down a rabbit hole of... I just hate the entertainment industry and considering she was on the show with John barrowman and Noel Clarke I’m sure she probably witnessed or heard things nevertheless. He might not have done back then however I also think leopards don’t change their spots he’s probably always been a nasty piece of work

Reactions: 1
I'm really quite surprised to see people still questioning the women who have come forward (away from this site, too).

Is it really that hard to believe women when they speak out about sexual harassment and assault? I dunno. This stuff just hits very close to home for a lot of us. Too many women close to me have been sexually harassed and no, it wasn't "innocent until proven guilty" - those men WERE guilty. None of those incidents ever made it to court but I believe them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Barrowman...”rather a naughty habit”
🤢 he’s always come across pretty extrovert but stuff like this is way too much. Cant imagine how his co stars would find this funny? I was a massive fan of torchwood thought he was great but fucks sake this behaviour is dreadful, childish and intimidating. Hard to watch stuff with these actors in now knowing what they’re like

Reactions: 5
And yet again, we come back to male entitlement. I do know that NAMALT and I love lots of men in various ways, but FFS, why do so many of them when given an inch take a mile in order to exploit or humiliate women? Yeah yeah I know, it's because they can, but it's really pissing me off now.

Reactions: 25
And yet again, we come back to male entitlement. I do know that NAMALT and I love lots of men in various ways, but FFS, why do so many of them when given an inch take a mile in order to exploit or humiliate women? Yeah yeah I know, it's because they can, but it's really pissing me off now.
As I said in an earlier comment when other women dont believe women, the authorities dont even need to. Societal normals allow men to behave in a way that isnt acceptable.

Many brave people have commented in this thread of being sexually assaulted at work and feeling unable to report it or worse being told 'cant be proven' this is one thread on one forum on the internet. Someone has set up a website for people to anonymously talking about there SA. The stories are harrowing http://Everyonesinvited.uk

I was a *child* when I first started getting unwanted attention, it makes me sick that because theres "no proof" that automatically these men are presumed innocent and Im presumed a liar.

Imagine being asked to wear your school uniform to meet someone who is of age of consent when you are under the age of consent.

Imagine queuing to get a drink in a club and having a man put his hand up your skirt and inside your underwear.

Oh wait no I dont need to imagine because Ive lived it.

For so many women this has been life for so long so yes maybe unfairly we do assume guilt but jesus christ. Try calling men out on it, they gaslight you, say it was a joke, youre frigid or better yet 'youve got to be joking youre a fat/ugly witch like Id touch you'

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
It’s hideously fascinating to me, that you can achieve success and plaudits, in a world and industry not weighted in your favour, and be applauded and lauded for that - leading the way for diversity - and yet still the dick, and the power that comes with it, reigns supreme.

Reactions: 17
For those suggesting that his behaviour should not have been exposed in the media until he had faced a criminal trial, it’s worth noting that a) a number of the acts of which he stands accused would not amount to a criminal offence but are no less grim for that fact, and b) sexual offences are often not prosecuted due to the need to prove beyond reasonable doubt in circumstances where there are often only 2 witnesses and limited physical evidence. The fact that 20 women are prepared to make these allegations, some corroborating each other’s stories, mean that he’s either the victim of a massive conspiracy for no obvious reason at all 🤔 or a total tit who deserves to be cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Haha yes, I have thought so 20 women just decided to “bring him down” did they?! Oh just jog on.

Reactions: 32
Look I’m not going to get into a debate about did he / didn’t he because I’m not the women and I’m not him so I can’t say, at the moment it’s their words against his, plus I’ve said above there’s no smoke without fire and how brave those women are for saying what they are if it’s true.

However- I am disagreeing with this culture of ‘if a women says it it must be true’. I’m a mother of a son and a daughter and I fear for my son growing into a world where a woman could say anything about him and it would be assumed to be true. That’s all.
I agree, I don't see why I should believe a woman because we've both got Vaginas, it's possible to take an allegation seriously and investigate it properly without having a view of whether something is true or not, in fact if Police started from the point of seeking the truth rather than believing an allegation maybe there would be more convictions.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm really quite surprised to see people still questioning the women who have come forward (away from this site, too).

Is it really that hard to believe women when they speak out about sexual harassment and assault? I dunno. This stuff just hits very close to home for a lot of us. Too many women close to me have been sexually harassed and no, it wasn't "innocent until proven guilty" - those men WERE guilty. None of those incidents ever made it to court but I believe them all.
I completely understand those women who are scared to come forward and I would always always always believe them! What I really dislike is the amount of colleagues, fellow producers etc who all knew about this were telling others and warning them of his behaviour and were essentially turning a blind eye to it, basically enabling him. I’ve seen numerous tweets from actors saying they’d been told of his behaviour years ago, the entertainment industry is just vile!

Reactions: 14
I agree, I don't see why I should believe a woman because we've both got Vaginas, it's possible to take an allegation seriously and investigate it properly without having a view of whether something is true or not, in fact if Police started from the point of seeking the truth rather than believing an allegation maybe there would be more convictions.
Do you actually realise how difficult it is to investigate this? Investigation requires evidence which in sexual harassment/bullying etc there isn’t always a lot of. And like another poster said some of the stuff he’s done isn’t technically classed as a crime so you can’t even take it to court.

You’re basically insinuating that 20 + women aren’t telling the truth.

Reactions: 29
Why on earth would 20 women pick Noel Clarke of all people to take down? For what? Fun? Cannot believe some of these comments. It’s also obvious from his response that it’s true

• Heart
Reactions: 53