Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that vlog and found it weird then too. I'm starting to think something was definitely up! It's like he was trying to avoid her at all costs!
wow this is absolutely when things began going downhill for him. I didnt realize this sort of thing was happening way back in 2018. dude I bet JOEEEYYYY was just imaging having to come home & eat some cardboard and rabbit food dinner & was dreading it (the first time we see him properly after that vlog he is eating a monster steak at dinner after they went ice skating xD). he prob was livin it up eating amazing street food & all sorts of things in India and not having an insane routined schedule & likely realized he hadn't felt that relaxed & happy in years. usually being away from your love for weeks would make you wish they were with you experiencing those things but in his case he probably realized how many experiences he was enjoying that he wouldn't be having at ALL if Niomi was there. I used to be vegan for about a year & travelling is one of the things that got me UNvegan bc it was so fking depressing. food is a visceral connection to cultures & being able to eat local things & street food is just such a fun human experience and makes you feel just..really alive? it may sound odd but I didnt realize all this until I couldnt have things anymore. it also seems like Joe likes to stay out and drink and have fun but bc of her insane schedule of HAVING to get to bed early so she can wake up at dawn to do 1 of her 12 daily workouts.

I definitely agree with what someone else said on here about Joe trying to convince himself of the relationship by getting engaged similar to a "baby bandaid". I would have spotted that tit so quick if I was Niomi though. not coming home from the airport then coming home late then leaving super early wouldve been enough for me to force a talk about the state of the relationship. I feel like they NEVER had a talk like that until he dumped her. I feel so bad for her but I want her to gd learn how to not live in such a bubble of denial constantly and it doenst look like that is going to happen. :/

Reactions: 17
What is this idea of “moving across the world FOR him” though? I see this a lot here and I don’t get it. Moving was a joint decision and Niomi insisted she wanted it very much and was happy to go. Sometimes, as it did for them, one half of a couple gets a work opportunity and you move or you don’t. It’s hardly like Niomi was titled and gave up her crown for Joe or something lol.

Also even if she wasn’t happy to go, it’s not healthy for one half of the couple to hold up the decision to move as a ‘I did this FOR you so you better do xyz’, that gets toxic very quick. You decide to move, then you are all in and in it together. Not “well I did this undesirable thing for you so you better figure out the moving”.
Agreed. Sorry for the personal tangent but I mentioned on here before that a few years ago I moved to a different continent due to my partner's occupation (a country I had never been to prior to moving, just like Niomi). My partner had no choice but to go and I naturally decided to follow him because our relationship was serious enough. My partner wouldn't have forced me but he obviously loved me and wanted to be with me, so was happy that I was willing to move. I wouldn't have moved if it wasn't for him but ultimately it was MY decision to move, and our mutual decision to keep building our life together. I needed a visa to move and I figured it all out by myself + paid for all of the visa fees for myself. I would have never expected my partner to take care of that. In Niomi's case, Joe would have had his own visa figured out by his company because he was moving there for his JOB. It was Niomi who, a week prior to moving, still didn't even know which category of visa she should go for and hadn't even looked into the issue at all. Call me crazy but she should have figured it out herself while Joe was away WORKING for virtually all of December. She had more than enough time (and money) to hire a lawyer or something and figure that tit out. She literally did nothing to prepare in the months prior to moving -- didn't pack, didn't apply for a visa, didn't do her research about the city she was moving to. She was just parading around London doing "christmassy things" and opening up Joe's presents every single day!! Really don't think it's appropriate to blame Joe for not sorting everything out for her when she very well could have. She just expected everything to be done for her / handed out on a silver plate, like everything else in her life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Agreed. Sorry for the personal tangent but I mentioned on here before that a few years ago I moved to a different continent due to my partner's occupation (a country I had never been to prior to moving, just like Niomi). My partner had no choice but to go and I naturally decided to follow him because our relationship was serious enough. My partner wouldn't have forced me but he obviously loved me and wanted to be with me, so was happy that I was willing to move. I wouldn't have moved if it wasn't for him but ultimately it was MY decision to move, and our mutual decision to keep building our life together.
I agree (again ha! Sorry!) my partner moved from one city to another and asked me to move in with him at that point. I lived in the opposite end of the country at the time (LDR) but my job was flexible and his wasn’t so it made sense. When I agreed, I never saw it as ‘I moved for him.’ Like you, at the point I agreed, to us it became a joint venture and we dealt with it all together. Thinking ‘I only moved to X place for him’ is a surefire way to breed resentment IMO, she had a choice and she made it. It wouldn’t have been unreasonable for her to say she wanted to stay but she didn’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Could the engagement have been because the company in India would pay/support a home with a fiancee' but not a girlfriend?

Reactions: 16
Joe is super connected and posh I'm sure he could have gotten a job in London pretty easily (if not more easily than India). In the other cases mentioned your partners had to move. So he just wanted to go have fun in India (and yes pursue his career...) for a few years. While knowing that Niomi's job was based on brand partnerships in the UK. Yea she could work remotely and expand her content (which actually seemed like a great boost to her channel) but I don't think anyone is fooled thinking Joe HAD to move there. He wanted to and was going with or without her. But I agree she shouldn't have waited til the last minute on stuff either... that moving vlog was so obnoxious like she seemed so helpless lol. But Joe had already been in India, probably would have known best what they needed and what visa to get, etc... I don't think either of them were perfect. But ultimately she wouldn't have moved there if it wasn't for him and it did upend her life. Doesn't mean Joe had to do everything for her, but he probably could have been a little more grateful and supportive in recognizing how big it was for her? Like he thought a ring would solve everything

And honestly it seems like the move to Freddie's flat was just a continuation of Niomi's needs being put second in a way... like there was no home office for her work that we saw, hardly any desk space in the tiny bedroom, was there even a dining table?? Lol. And then a tiny kitchen when a lot of her content is around food and Freddie would be in/out. One couch in the tiny living space and hardly any natural light. It's nicer than my apartment but I mean compared to what they're used to it just seems like lack of thoughtfulness of Joe's part to act like that was all ok and they'd be there for like what.. 18 months? And he probably framed it like she's super high maintenance (which I think she is lol) but I think anyone would think that about that space

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But I don’t see the engagement as inherently tied to India lol, like they had been serious for 3 years and lived together, Joe in his 30s and Niomi late 20s. At that point, India or not, you have an idea of where this is headed and I’m sure an engagement was vaguely planned for that time regardless. I’d understand if this opportunity happened at like 6 months in and they took some radical plunge. But they were years into a cohabitating relationship already,

The problem of course was that it just wasn‘t right, in the end,

Reactions: 12
Could the engagement have been because the company in India would pay/support a home with a fiancee' but not a girlfriend?
Maybe. It certainly makes life easier if you have your 'fiancee' with you in India.'

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
To be fair I got out of a 2 year relationship and felt better after 4 weeks because deep down I knew it wasn't working. IDK how long they've been together but it is possible that she's probably feeling fine now
I feel like HE probably feels this way, not her. he probably feels like a huge burden has been lifted & he can live freely whereas she feels like her world just got turned upside down. I dont buy for a god damn second that Niomi is doing peachy right now. it's a shame she can't just get on camera & admit tit SUCKS. she doesnt need to sit there bawling but she could make little dark comments like "this flat may look small and dark, but thats how my heart feels right now *insert laugh* so its perfect isnt it" or like "yes this flat will be perfect for wallowing, eating vegan bonbons & writing poems about how much men suck for a few months *insert dark chuckle*" but she wont even admit it via comments like that that are common from British people. I dont see a huge problem with her overall desire to keep things looking perfect, but this tit is too much. her young viewers are going to think theyre insane when they have a breakup & compare their feelings to hers. even little cynical comments would make viewers connect so much more with her.

she has like honesty blue balls always. SHE JUST WONT JIZZ OUT HOW crappy HER CURRENT SITUATION IS. but that release would feel so good if she would only realize.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry I know everyone's kind of moved on from the tea talk, but I'd never heard of Pukka tea before reading here and now I'm seeing it in grocery stores everywhere. It costs $8.50 here in Canada!? How much is it in the UK?

Reactions: 4
Sorry I know everyone's kind of moved on from the tea talk, but I'd never heard of Pukka tea before reading here and now I'm seeing it in grocery stores everywhere. It costs $8.50 here in Canada!? How much is it in the UK?
It's about £2,70-£3,00 for a box of 20 bags.

Reactions: 5
I think Joe said 'Niomi this isn't the life for me.' Hence that VERY strange influencer video. Almost like a last attempt for her to keep him and say that's not what I am Joey.
I had a very seemingly 'perfect' relationship and all of a sudden my bf pulled the 'I've been struggling to tell you this for months, but we're not moving in the same direction' card. IT HURT SO BAD. Still does, but that video, her downbeat delivery in it and the points she was trying to get across felt like a conversation she wanted to be having with Joe. Maybe I'm projecting, but that's just my take.
I wish she'd just say I feel like tit!

Reactions: 38
I think Joe said 'Niomi this isn't the life for me.' Hence that VERY strange influencer video. Almost like a last attempt for her to keep him and say that's not what I am Joey.
I had a very seemingly 'perfect' relationship and all of a sudden my bf pulled the 'I've been struggling to tell you this for months, but we're not moving in the same direction' card. IT HURT SO BAD. Still does, but that video, her downbeat delivery in it and the points she was trying to get across felt like a conversation she wanted to be having with Joe. Maybe I'm projecting, but that's just my take.
I wish she'd just say I feel like tit!
Agreed! In retrospect watching her recent videos (cause what else would I do with my time lol) she subtly projects a lot of this kind of stuff, like snippets of convos she had with Joe or SHOULD have had. It's sad..

Reactions: 11
I was just rewatching the "WE'RE ENGAGED" video and saw that when Niomi and Joe are explaining how it happened (like 13:17-end) they barely make eye contact? Like one is always looking away when the other is looking towards them... maybe Joe is just shy in front of a camera, and I'm no body language expert lol, but seems a little disconnected for a couple that just got engaged. And Niomi is being all nice about the location (Rye) and the ring (ugly) but she can't completely hide it... Don't get me wrong I think it's a lovely place to get engaged but I think not quite was she was expecting. It did seem thrown together last minute by Joe

Reactions: 11
Guys, I think the person who posted about Niomi being very controlling and hiding food from Joe is onto something. I specifically remember one packing video with an instance of hiding stuff (food) from Joe, I thought at the time, oh how strange I'd never have done something like that. (I specifically tellmy partner where some products are so we don't overbuy stuff and don't waste food etc.)

Here's the clip: 12 to 16 min

It also shows how inconsistent Niomi is with her views and believes, she goes on about beeswax, not buying too much stuff etc. and then there is this massive basket of weird bottles of supplements she doesn't even take. Also notice the comment Joe makes of him being sick a lot. The diet (presumably forced) did not do him any good, his immunity must have been very low.
its insane in that video how full of stuff the flat still is, a week away from having to empty a whole flat?!

Reactions: 6
Niomi describes the flat as gorgeous in the same tone she describes a hotel room (If the hotel room is not to her taste she won't care coz it's only a couple of days that she stays there).

Reactions: 4
It was Niomi who, a week prior to moving, still didn't even know which category of visa she should go for and hadn't even looked into the issue at all. Call me crazy but she should have figured it out herself while Joe was away WORKING for virtually all of December. She had more than enough time (and money) to hire a lawyer or something and figure that tit out. She literally did nothing to prepare in the months prior to moving -- didn't pack, didn't apply for a visa, didn't do her research about the city she was moving to. She was just parading around London doing "christmassy things" and opening up Joe's presents every single day!! Really don't think it's appropriate to blame Joe for not sorting everything out for her when she very well could have. She just expected everything to be done for her / handed out on a silver plate, like everything else in her life.
I always thought she might have exaggerated it all a bit for some drama in the vlog. But reading it all like this...maybe all was not well at all, and she only decided she was actually going the week before. That's what it sounds like. I know they made that announcement vlog but even then they seemed to have different opinions on how it would work, and perhaps things were a lot more fraught than they seemed.

Reactions: 7
It's very clear from Marcus Butlers insinuations/comments about her that she's super controlling and has an unhealthy relationship with food and health. I can only imagine how exhausting that must be to deal with in a relationship. Honestly, I think that Joe is from a very traditional upper-class background and that Niomi just didn't really fit his situation/what he was looking for. I've seen it in her old vlogs, he clearly is uncomfortable with the 'filming everything' side of things ( posh people are notoriously private).

Reactions: 17
wow this is absolutely when things began going downhill for him. I didnt realize this sort of thing was happening way back in 2018. dude I bet JOEEEYYYY was just imaging having to come home & eat some cardboard and rabbit food dinner & was dreading it (the first time we see him properly after that vlog he is eating a monster steak at dinner after they went ice skating xD). he prob was livin it up eating amazing street food & all sorts of things in India and not having an insane routined schedule & likely realized he hadn't felt that relaxed & happy in years. usually being away from your love for weeks would make you wish they were with you experiencing those things but in his case he probably realized how many experiences he was enjoying that he wouldn't be having at ALL if Niomi was there. I used to be vegan for about a year & travelling is one of the things that got me UNvegan bc it was so fking depressing. food is a visceral connection to cultures & being able to eat local things & street food is just such a fun human experience and makes you feel just..really alive? it may sound odd but I didnt realize all this until I couldnt have things anymore. it also seems like Joe likes to stay out and drink and have fun but bc of her insane schedule of HAVING to get to bed early so she can wake up at dawn to do 1 of her 12 daily workouts.

I definitely agree with what someone else said on here about Joe trying to convince himself of the relationship by getting engaged similar to a "baby bandaid". I would have spotted that tit so quick if I was Niomi though. not coming home from the airport then coming home late then leaving super early wouldve been enough for me to force a talk about the state of the relationship. I feel like they NEVER had a talk like that until he dumped her. I feel so bad for her but I want her to gd learn how to not live in such a bubble of denial constantly and it doenst look like that is going to happen. :/
This!! (y)(y)(y) Exactly what I think.

Reactions: 3
Her 'sense of humour' and laughter around Joe has always irked me to no end and I couldn't figure out a way to properly describe it until I came across this:

She will literally start giggling at the most mundane things around Joe. It's all very odd.

If I compare her to Tanya and Zoe (don't get me wrong, I think Niomi > Tanya and Zoe), I can at least see slivers of Tanya and Zoe's real personalities and genuine laughter sometimes in their videos but with Niomi, it's always very forced, stiff and contrived. Even in her most recent video, between all the gushing of how perfect everything is, you can see that her smile never quite reaches her eyes.

She is truly 100% an android gleambot. I don't know how she can keep up with this fake persona 24/7. It also makes me wonder when people are fake 24/7, do they even know what their real personality is like?

It must be exhausting. I mean I get tired after 10 minutes of polite smiling. I really don't know how she does it on top of all the yoga and pilates in the sky, replying to 3.85 emails and hiding organic vegan peanut butter. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.