Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she probably downplayed her job at the start just like she clearly didn’t let on how controlling about food she is. Saying she’s a ‘content creator’ gives no indication that she’s going to want to stick a camera in his face half the time. Also don’t see why his family should have to be in her videos, she barely does any videos with her own family? She has to accept that not everyone wants to be on camera or on YouTube at all and that’s up to them, in the same way it’s up to her if she wants to show most of her life in videos 🤷🏻‍♀️ she also didn’t seem overly supportive of his job, didn’t seem to know anything at all about cricket when she said they had to come home etc...

Reactions: 22
Most posh~ socialites or whatever you want to call them nowadays are just becoming Influencers anyway, like Instagram nutritionists or ‘interior decorators’ or whatnot. It’s not like 2014 where you might get a look for saying you’re a YouTuber. Now Instagram influencing is a vocation among the rich who don’t mind looking like they have a job but don’t want like a job job.

Reactions: 18
Most posh~ socialites or whatever you want to call them nowadays are just becoming Influencers anyway, like Instagram nutritionists or ‘interior decorators’ or whatnot. It’s not like 2014 where you might get a look for saying you’re a YouTuber. Now Instagram influencing is a vocation among the rich who don’t mind looking like they have a job but don’t want like a job job.
Yep. And with their ready-made platforms and access to premium resources, it's easy money.

Reactions: 8
I reported her recent video because she didn't mention ad in her title and it is obviously an ad. Niomi thinks that she is above other influencers by not mentioning it in her titles, but she is doing so many ads, that she is the youtube-bleep of the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I reported her recent video because she didn't mention ad in her title and it is obviously an ad. Niomi thinks that she is above other influencers by not mentioning it in her titles, but she is doing so many ads, that she is the youtube-bleep of the moment.
Someone mentioned a while back that since splitting with Joe she’s done tonnes of ads and since reading that I feel like I notice them alllll the time now! So so many ads!

Reactions: 14
Pre-lockdown Joe was so gorgeous and calm, a bit boring but hey -- he'll always be "the one that got away" for Little Miss Nimbobs.

This is the most embarrassing vlog:

She's so overwhelmed by the tiniest things, she doesn't contribute at all. Joe's doing all of the work. She says "it was stressful on its own" to pick up boxes where I'm sure she just Uber'd to and from. Why was she talking so much about pricking her finger for a bit of blood?

She's so unaware.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Still don't know what she will be launching on Friday. Also this is really not the best photo to shill skincare, I think she needs to use more sunscreen.

119953274_793213798098562_6327790342694142467_n.jpg

Reactions: 10
If she really wanted to venture into skincare and beauty her team should've worked harder to get her more partnership deals with brands like Caudalie or L'Occitane. I could see her having a successful collab line of natural products but venturing out on her own? She does not have the brand power or marketing team behind her for this. She'll launch one or two ranges and the company will fizzle out. She is not someone we go to looking for skincare advice so consumers will not be flocking to this brand- and that's her audience never mind the general public who couldn't care less. They barely have enough fresh ideas for the initial launch- how could this company possibly sustain itself for years to come? There is no strategy here. The user who said she should have parlayed her book success into yoga/wellness products was totally right. Her team is painfully slow and they've missed the mark. I think if she was signed to a better management team she could have a way more successful career. She's stagnant right now. What has she done since the book launch to move herself forward? Her channel and IG pages are stuck at around the same numbers they've been at for years. It's infuriating because the answers are right in front of them but Niomi and Gleam are looking elsewhere.

Reactions: 20
Hi I’m just a lurker but I thought about our gal Niomi in general and wanted to share.
I think the part of the fact that she doesn’t gain new subs, new followers is because she is contradicting herself in everything she does basically. She’s also boring and bland like an old piece of toast but that’s another topic.

Her breakup? One minute she is in tears, the other minute she is SOOOO happy. Does anyone believe her actually? That breakup could have been a chance to find new following who relates to her. She could make a vid (like maybe in a few months) about how to get over a relationship, how it was hard.

Insta/YT is her J O B. She P L A N S and E D I T S what she posts. One minute she’s posting herself crying, the second minute she’s drinking champagne 100% happy? Please. I know that in breakup you can feel really confused and even feel free and sad at the same time but she P L A N S and E D I T S this tit! If she was like „this is not what I thought my life would be like, but I’m trying to find the good side of things” we would feel sorry for her. Men sometimes suck and 90% of her audience would relate. Her actions are not consistent and should have been planned better. She has M A N A G E R S.

Another contracting herself thing - her vegan, natural skincare line. But she also is proud about working with non vegan brands which test on animals. Do you believe her? I don’t. And I don’t think anyone who is vegan will do. She just wanted $$$, not like she cares about it. She is only plant based for health reasons - her choice, that’s okay! But her Smart Skin was supposed to be natural and vegan line for sustainable people… yet all I think about are her trips with Dior. She should be more selective.

She even has a vid titled „ad learning Spanish” ?!wtf?! (I didn’t watch that), makes nooooo sense for her brand. Her channel is just a mess, a pile of ads!

I’m also annoyed by her „sustainable living” because she doesn’t, well, even try to do so. To-go Starbucks cups? You can bring your own cup or drink coffee at home! She also has too many clothes. I understand that she gets them for free, but if she is that sustainable she should just, you know, give them away to charity shops… or even sell. Selling an item you don’t use is giving it a second life, her fans would buy everything in a second and wear for years! She tries to look sustainable but she is just not!

I believe she truly likes three things - vegan food, travelling to fancy places and yoga. If she built her brand just around those, I’d believe her. I’d rather buy a recipe book called „Eat Smart 2: Smoothie bowl weather” than her skincare. She is trying to do everything and she’s just nothing. I only lurk here because I was into Marbobs, Zoella, Tanya etc when I was younger. When she was with them she was nice, the healthy girl into fashion, the gf of Marbobs. New people who find her now though - they get bored and don’t stick around. Look at her subs.

Sorry for the long rant, I know some of those things were mentioned, love reading you girls! ;)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Hi I’m just a lurker but I thought about our gal Niomi in general and wanted to share.
I think the part of the fact that she doesn’t gain new subs, new followers is because she is contradicting herself in everything she does basically. She’s also boring and bland like an old piece of toast but that’s another topic.

Her breakup? One minute she is in tears, the other minute she is SOOOO happy. Does anyone believe her actually? That breakup could have been a chance to find new following who relates to her. She could make a vid (like maybe in a few months) about how to get over a relationship, how it was hard.

Insta/YT is her J O B. She P L A N S and E D I T S what she posts. One minute she’s posting herself crying, the second minute she’s drinking champagne 100% happy? Please. I know that in breakup you can feel really confused and even feel free and sad at the same time but she P L A N S and E D I T S this tit! If she was like „this is not what I thought my life would be like, but I’m trying to find the good side of things” we would feel sorry for her. Men sometimes suck and 90% of her audience would relate. Her actions are not consistent and should have been planned better. She has M A N A G E R S.

Another contracting herself thing - her vegan, natural skincare line. But she also is proud about working with non vegan brands which test on animals. Do you believe her? I don’t. And I don’t think anyone who is vegan will do. She just wanted $$$, not like she cares about it. She is only plant based for health reasons - her choice, that’s okay! But her Smart Skin was supposed to be natural and vegan line for sustainable people… yet all I think about are her trips with Dior. She should be more selective.

She even has a vid titled „ad learning Spanish” ?!wtf?! (I didn’t watch that), makes nooooo sense for her brand. Her channel is just a mess, a pile of ads!

I’m also annoyed by her „sustainable living” because she doesn’t, well, even try to do so. To-go Starbucks cups? You can bring your own cup or drink coffee at home! She also has too many clothes. I understand that she gets them for free, but if she is that sustainable she should just, you know, give them away to charity shops… or even sell. Selling an item you don’t use is giving it a second life, her fans would buy everything in a second and wear for years! She tries to look sustainable but she is just not!

I believe she truly likes three things - vegan food, travelling to fancy places and yoga. If she built her brand just around those, I’d believe her. I’d rather buy a recipe book called „Eat Smart 2: Smoothie bowl weather” than her skincare. She is trying to do everything and she’s just nothing. I only lurk here because I was into Marbobs, Zoella, Tanya etc when I was younger. When she was with them she was nice, the healthy girl into fashion, the gf of Marbobs. New people who find her now though - they get bored and don’t stick around. Look at her subs.

Sorry for the long rant, I know some of those things were mentioned, love reading you girls! ;)
Agree that she is a walking contradiction!

I think that Rosie Lord edits her videos. I wonder what kind of conversations they have about what to include....or if they don’t!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Totally agreed with like the last 3 posts.... Niomi wasn't sustainable or vegan or whatever when she was Marbob, but at least she didn't pretend to be something she's not? Honesty and consistency would go a long way with maintaining followers (let alone gaining them)

Reactions: 7
Joes following Lottie from GBBO. And she’s following him. Didn’t have him down as a baking fan

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Joes following Lottie from GBBO. And she’s following him. Didn’t have him down as a baking fan
Ha! Can you imagine if he went from Miss "Bread is Naughty" to... a baker? Poetic justice for Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
He might already know Lottie as joes sister works in theatre. Joe still hasn’t removed pics or Niomi. I kind of see Niomis trick working of being go getting and selfish motivated....I think he may come crawling back- you know after his Maccy d and beer bender!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have many pages to catch up on here but first wanted to say I just finished her vlog and love everything about her flat - BUT the closet. Didn’t it seem like awkward placement? Granted I live in NYC so know these things are fit in wherever you can find the space but it was odd.

Otherwise, love it!

Reactions: 8
I’m genuinely so confused about smart skin. No products. No gifts sent to ‘content creators’ (she did hand write lots of cards the other blog though) and still no clue what the products are!! The only person I’ve seen post anything about it is her mum. She’d have been better off starting a juice cleanse company called Smart Arse (believable in her “wellness” world) or for real a yoga mat/accessories/clothing brand called Smart Savasana. I’d believe either of them over Smart Skin any day!

...also please never do a juice cleanse kids it’s a load of crap! Literally 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm surprised she wasn't pissed off at that, him eating meat on a date is one thing, but to take her somewhere there is probably nothing she can eat on the menu seems insensitive? There are so many cuisines with lots of vegan options is hardly like he needed to take her to a vegan only place (middle eastern, italian, indian) it would've been so easy. I would see this as a bit of a red flag tbh
This shows there was a lack of communication from day one. Can you imagine a guy asking you out on a date and him booking his (presumably) favourite restaurant without any thought about what you might like to eat? Did he not even think to send off a quick text saying, ‘hey, I’m thinking to book this steak restaurant, are you cool with that?’. It seems so weird to not even consider someone might not want to eat a bleeping steak.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.