Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Joe is necessarily "jealous" of Niomi, but maybe yea a bit resentful that she still has her career (he doesn't), is living where she wants to (he's not) and probably makes more money than him. Not that this was the direct cause of the breakup, but guys have fragile egos and maybe combined with other things it was enough for him to let it go. I just doubt the break up was JUST over her controlling nature... he's known about that for a while. It had to be other circumstances.

Also on the whole Woodward thing, I do think it's weird that they've never been in her videos at all or barely even mentioned. It's probably for privacy and I totally get/respect that, but it seems odd that they wouldn't be more supportive of their future daughter-in-law's profession. It's not like Niomi talks about really controversial stuff... would it kill them to do one video about lifestyle or health or something? I mean Joe's dad was in sport.
come on she’s vlogger... I get what you are saying but if my kids were wanting to marry someone who did that I would
A)never allow them to feature me in a video
B) have a long conversation with my kid about what will happen when they have children - and how I would really feel it’s not a good idea to bring a child up on screen and their privacy and rights.
This wouldn’t be me being unsupportive of their “profession”, you can be supportive and not be featured.

Reactions: 15
I would love to know where Marcus talked about Niomi and orthorexia

I genuinely think Joe ended it because it was such high maintenance. Disordered eating is extremely difficult to live with, let alone if they insist you eat the same as they do. But the 5am runs during lockdown and early morning yoga - he didn't seem the kind to initiate that. He probably found it all so exhausting, he couldn't imagine his life like this forever.

Reactions: 18
I would love to know where Marcus talked about Niomi and orthorexia

I genuinely think Joe ended it because it was such high maintenance. Disordered eating is extremely difficult to live with, let alone if they insist you eat the same as they do. But the 5am runs during lockdown and early morning yoga - he didn't seem the kind to initiate that. He probably found it all so exhausting, he couldn't imagine his life like this forever.
Watch this from 6:30

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Watch this from 6:30
That's sad, sounds like they both got too caught up with "being healthy" to the point where it was no longer heathly. I'm glad Marcus got out of it but it sounds like Niomi is definitely still in denial.

Reactions: 16
I agree that she doesn't seem to hold up her end of the relationship completely when it comes to logistical things... but she basically cooked for him every day, maintained their home, etc. She does have a cushy job/lifestyle that's for sure, but if I were her I would be a little resentful if my fiance wanted me to move across the world for him and he didn't handle the bulk of logistics for moving. Idk, Joe strikes me as super laid back to the point of being forgetful and that would be frustrating if he waited til the last minute to figure it all out... like he wants the fun parts but won't take on the hard parts? I guess I mean he clearly did take them on, but really last minute. And also if he needed help he should have just asked Niomi. He reeks of poor communication imo
We actually don't know how much she maintained it, a lot of youtubers have cleaners but mostly don't show them. As for her cooking, it was more controlling his every meal, portion size and times. That won't make a man happy if he's looking for a traditional homemaker.

Reactions: 9
I haven't watched her since her split with Marcus but I was bored and wanted to see what different YT'ers are up to now and wow....
She seems so boring and bland. Emma Watson if you bought her from Wish!!
She does seem so unhappy and sad though, you can spot it a mile off

Also, is sourcedbox still a thing?

First time poster here and not sure how to reply to posts, but i felt i really had to get some frustrations out. I re-watched her pre-India blog again (This is harder than i thought) after one of the posters uploaded it and she said (at 4:51) she had to cancel a meeting with Georgia because she "looked like this". She looked immaculate and better than i do on my best days. It would be great to wake up, look in the mirror and think "oh i look terrible today i'll postpone that meeting i had".

I feel quite bad for judging someone i dont know, but having struggled over the the last few months to even find work after losing my job at the beginning of the covid pandemic, i feel annoyed that someone can decide not to work because they "look like this". Heartreak aside, she lives a life of luxury and will never understand the every day challenges faced by the average person.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
We actually don't know how much she maintained it, a lot of youtubers have cleaners but mostly don't show them. As for her cooking, it was more controlling his every meal, portion size and times. That won't make a man happy if he's looking for a traditional homemaker.
You can bet your last dollar that she wasn’t cleaning that home herself. Not a chance. Can you imagine her scrubbing toilets and cleaning a big shower out? She didn’t even have to clean before moving into this new flat. It was obvious that mundane stuff was taken care of for her.

Reactions: 12
It is, and Niomi is still listed as a Director of the company. It does say the accounts are overdue, but that could be delayed updating due to Covid19.
Sourcedbox hasn't posted on Instagram for over a year. Their website doesn't work either.

Reactions: 4
I don't think Joe was as boring as he seemed. He was awkward on camera but I definitely saw little snippets of his personality and sense of humour. There were definitely a few moments where he'd say something in a goofy, jokey way but it always went right over Niomi's head, they were on totally different wavelengths.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Sourcedbox hasn't posted on Instagram for over a year. Their website doesn't work either.
yeh I thought she made a statement saying it was ending a while ago? although my brain is so frazzled atm i might well be totally wrong!

yeh I thought she made a statement saying it was ending a while ago? although my brain is so frazzled atm i might well be totally wrong!
She confirmed they've closed the business.

They definitely ended it a while ago.

Shame really because subscription boxes are proving very popular, and if they handled it properly it could've been quite good for their target market. Don't think they marketed it well though to grow it.

Reactions: 8
They definitely ended it a while ago.

Shame really because subscription boxes are proving very popular, and if they handled it properly it could've been quite good for their target market. Don't think they marketed it well though to grow it.
yeh especially now, all delivery companies are doing well i imagine, it was so hard for me to sign up to a veg box, i finally managed to in about may

Yeah the box fizzled out and just disappeared.

There's so many subscription boxes and many of them are vegan / healthy and hers was a bit more expensive with nothing to separate it from the competition. Just another lackluster influencer brand.

I don't think Joe was as boring as he seemed. He was awkward on camera but I definitely saw little snippets of his personality and sense of humour. There were definitely a few moments where he'd say something in a goofy, jokey way but it always went right over Niomi's head, they were on totally different wavelengths.
Yes I noticed this too. Like after he discovered the peanut butter hoard and the basket of vitamins and he made a joke that they could have prevented all the times he got sick! I feel like she didn’t even get it. Can’t remember any other instances but I know there were others

Reactions: 8
I will just pop on quickly on the Woodward family debate... Joe is an adult, and it was his decision to date Niomi - he probably knew what she was doing before their first date (but since he took her to a steakhouse... he probably just checked how she looked, and nothing else lol).

And while I agree, that his family should intervene if/when things started to spiral (regarding ED), I think its too much to say, that his family should have a say on what she can share online, and what she cant (unless it concerns them, and their privacy ofc!). For example, if they would have kids, I think the decision should be made by Niomi and Joe, and not papa and momma Woodward. And if his family (like his brother) intervened at some point I can see why things started to flop. It's never easy to choose between your partner and your family (and I feel it should never be the case).

Also, I weirdly like her flat. The wardrobe is a bit... weird, but overall, it looks nice. :)

I will just pop on quickly on the Woodward family debate... Joe is an adult, and it was his decision to date Niomi - he probably knew what she was doing before their first date (but since he took her to a steakhouse... he probably just checked how she looked, and nothing else lol).

And while I agree, that his family should intervene if/when things started to spiral (regarding ED), I think its too much to say, that his family should have a say on what she can share online, and what she cant (unless it concerns them, and their privacy ofc!). For example, if they would have kids, I think the decision should be made by Niomi and Joe, and not papa and momma Woodward. And if his family (like his brother) intervened at some point I can see why things started to flop. It's never easy to choose between your partner and your family (and I feel it should never be the case).

Also, I weirdly like her flat. The wardrobe is a bit... weird, but overall, it looks nice. :)
I'm surprised she wasn't pissed off at that, him eating meat on a date is one thing, but to take her somewhere there is probably nothing she can eat on the menu seems insensitive? There are so many cuisines with lots of vegan options is hardly like he needed to take her to a vegan only place (middle eastern, italian, indian) it would've been so easy. I would see this as a bit of a red flag tbh

yeh I also don't think it is true wealthy people always want to stay out of the spotlight (Made in Chelsea anyone?) it might have been true in the past but nowadays i dont think so

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The Woodwards knowing about Niomi's career is nothing new. I doubt that's part of why they broke up because it was her job at the beginning of when they were dating and when they got engaged... And she was sort of transitioning anyway to be head of a company. But just based on watching vlogs the family didn't seem too supportive in that they never were in them. Sure they may want privacy but they're not children and doing a sit-down video with Sir Clive about fitness/health for 15 minutes isn't exactly a huge invasion of privacy. Honestly I think Niomi dodged a bullet. Especially if Freddie could influence Joe enough to dump his fiance/partner of 4 years cause she didn't like their tiny flat and said that... I don't know... it just seems like Joe came out of this the most unscathed in terms of his life being changed. I can't imagine what actually changed enough to cause the split. It's like Joe knew all along they weren't right for one anther but was too avoidant to do anything about it?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.