Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the video and did nobody else think the girl looked broken when addressing the breakup. She might be able to put on a posh voice and spout positivity but her eyes looked glazed like she was going to cry at any second and she just looked very hurt
From the video it seems Joe broke up with her. I don’t understand why she’s made it sound like a public royal announcement though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
From the video it seems Joe broke up with her. I don’t understand why she’s made it sound like a public royal announcement though 😂
her insistence on him not being a bad person implies that she feels otherwise imo. It's weird she's implying she's basically healed after a few weeks, I've never had a 4 year relationship but even after a year i have taken double that to get over it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
her insistence on him not being a bad person implies that she feels otherwise imo.
Yeah this riled me. I know we have a mix of views on this here. But I don't think he is a bad person just because he realised he didn't want to be with her. The timing is unfortunate, but COVID aside there is never a good time to end an engagement. Would've been so much worse for the both of them to marry her anyway then get divorced

Reactions: 13
Yeah this riled me. I know we have a mix of views on this here. But I don't think he is a bad person just because he realised he didn't want to be with her. The timing is unfortunate, but COVID aside there is never a good time to end an engagement. Would've been so much worse for the both of them to marry her anyway then get divorced
i wonder if without COVID it would have happened, so many people are splitting/getting divorced as a result of having to spend so much time together in a stressful situation

Reactions: 8
i wonder if without COVID it would have happened, so many people are splitting/getting divorced as a result of having to spend so much time together in a stressful situation
I think they would've married and then divorced later on, maybe not for a while. The next stressful hurdle. In that sense I get why she said everything happens for a reason (although I agree with the general criticism of that statement other people have made) for her, if COVID hadn't happened, she would've married someone who ultimately wasn't that happy with her. And while ending an engagement must be beyond awful, the only thing surely worse is getting divorced when you've probably got a mortgage/financial commitments to untangle, maybe children, whatever

Reactions: 15
Also can people stop the eating disorder watch. I find it so intrusive and odd. It also spreads the narrative that only those who are skinny have eating disorders which is beyond the truth. Eating disorders come in all forms. That's why a lot of 'curvier' woman who struggle with it go unnoticed or untreated because people don't take them seriously. If you think avoiding bread is an eating disorder you have a lot to learn. I don't think she would be able to live the life she does if she had one. Anyone who has experienced one or known anyone with one, know how complicated that illness is and 'clean' eating can be an escape but it's common for posho's to be obsessed with organic clean eating. Anyone i know who is posh is exactly like that, live in Bristol or Fulham for a week and your eyes will be opened.
I live in Fulham and have the opposite diet to Niomi. I definitely don’t think it’s pushed, there’s loads of great steaks and real chocolate around.

Reactions: 12
Niomi Smart #7 Niomi’s back on the right path at Soho Farmhouse, Joey’s eating his weight in steak

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think part of her being "ok" could do to the fact, that they have separated much more before than it seems to look. I do think she is hurting (quite a lot actually), but she realized by now that they are done for good.

Reactions: 3
I just don't expect much from her. She posted cringey thrist traps, she called the situation a shitstorm, she showed herself in bed with a box of chocolates, she talked about journaling, she said she's been in a "dark place". To me she's done all the classic break-up moves and now she's finally just said the words. She looked like she was choosing her words very carefully to stop herself from crying in the video intro. I don't think we will ever get her on camera saying "life's been tit and I'm embarrassed my engagement is over". That's just not who she is. Everything with Niomi is always surface level that's just her personality and the type of content she makes. Everyone gets themselves in a tizzy expecting otherwise.
She's into horoscope now *yawn*
Never pegged her for someone who would resort to so many quasi-spiritual practices post-breakup, but it's 2020 so anything is possible.
Might have happened after retirement? Personally i think that's worse. A few decades together and you realise you don't actually like them, let alone fancy them anymore.

A lot of divorce proceedings start after the Christmas break or a two week 'dream' holiday. Any period of time where people spend a condensed period of time together.

(Interesting)

Reactions: 7
Also tread title:

Niomi Smart #7: On the right path to feel new - a loaf of bread for Joey will do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Might have happened after retirement? Personally i think that's worse. A few decades together and you realise you don't actually like them, let alone fancy them anymore.

A lot of divorce proceedings start after the Christmas break or a two week 'dream' holiday. Any period of time where people spend a condensed period of time together.

(Interesting)
yeh I have noticed so many "problem page" things in magazines/newspapers/online since covid where people are saying they've realised they don't like their parner... it is kind of insane how many people do just stay together but I guess not really spend much time alone together at home so do not realise

Reactions: 10
I think this is OTT. Niomi is essentially running a marketing business, how she chooses to do so is up to her.
Nobody should be looking to an influencer as to how to live their lives or react to a situation. If they do that’s their issue not Niomi’s unless she’s promoting something dangerous, illegal etc. I do have an issue with the fact that she seems to be photoshopping pics to make her look thinner, as I think it’s unethical & irresponsible. But how she reacts to a break-up is up to her.
If someone feels bad when competing themselves to an influencer they need to revise their own approach to social media, learn to take it with a pinch of salt.
She may be running a marketing business but her words/actions also impact a large, impressionable, and sometimes very vulnerable audience.
As you have probably seen from the comments on her ig and under her videos, people look up to her.
Ideally, no one should look up to anyone else regarding how they should live their life, but you're in denial if you think that someone you follow/keep up with has zero impact on your life. It's not simply our ''issue'' (as individuals) that an influencer is portraying an ideal that we feel unable to live up to. Comparing our lives to an influencer's is the natural consequence of following them, watching their videos, and generally consuming the media they share. It takes a considerably high level of awareness to realize how/when you're being subtly brainwashed by influencers, and few people have the ability to see that. Also, an influencer's power is stronger when you view them as a ''friend'' or an individual you have a connection with. Youtube Influencer's like Niomi, particuarly monetize their ''relatability'' by marketing themselves as your ''friend''. Hence, they owe their audiences a degree of honesty.

Most of the time, influencer's impact us subconciously, and we don't even realize it until we find ourselves buying the same tea, or getting our hair done at a place that was recommended by them. And there is nothing wrong with finding ourselves ''sucked in'' either, influencer's are paid generously to subtly condition our minds and spending habits. It's very simplistic to say that people should learn to take social media ''with a pinch of salt'' without considering how an influencer's content effects their audience, and highlighting the message the influencer is sending through their content. Niomi's need for perfection in absolutely everything, including breaking up with a man she was going to marry, is absurd.
It is dangerous b/c it sends a very toxic message. She's promoting that repressing negative emotions is okay, and is forcefully painting a false idea of ''strength'' and ''composure'' by not acknowledging her sadness, or even admitting aloud that this breakup has caused a difficult period for her.

She displays (and has displayed) an unrealistic and most unattainable ideals of every aspect in her life - from her relationship with Joe to her attitude with food/health/fitness. Frankly, it's ignorant to allude that people are choosing to feel bad themselves by watching Niomi's videos. Yes, perhaps people can prevent themselves from watching her videos, but showing only perfection is pervasive within the Youtuber/influencer community.
Niomi gives a false, highly contrived impression of every event that occurs in her life - viewers are bound to feel bad about themselves if this is constantly promoted as ''normal''. The echo chambers that comment sections usually are, reinforce those negative feelings.

Lastly, I doubt most people are expecting her act like their bestie, and share secrets whilst painting toenails.
If she doesn't want to share, that's acceptable. She can simply say that they broke up and that she's upset - no explanation needed. However, all that rambling crap about ''time healing'' and being on the ''right path'' with an insipid smile, hollow laugh, and picture perfect PR statement is ridiculous. It's also offensive how gullible she probably imagines her viewers/fans are. As I explained, as an ''influencer'', she has a duty and responsibility to be honest with viewers.

I think the hate she has been given is absolutely ridiculous. It’s obvious that Joe broke up with her, she bound to be angry and upset. Hence the “shitstorm” comment which everyone on here seems to detest? You all are saying how she seems like a robot and everything seems rehearsed, yet when she makes an actual comment on how she feels (shitstorm) you all call her petty.

I send love her way, this is a terrible and horrid thing to go through. She isn’t okay and I believe that it is admirable that she is putting on a brave face for her audience.
She isn't putting on a brave face, she is in denial. Real bravery and courage is admitting the truth, no matter how difficult it is to digest. People like you who are applauding her for not being truthful with herself are causing her more harm than good. People detest the ''shitstorm'' comment, because it completely contradicts her ''perfect'' PR statement in her video addressing the breakup. She is showing herself to seemingly bounce back from a significant, disruptive event that occurred in her life as a minor inconvience, which she can simply brush off and pretend never occured. That is a horrible and toxic message to be spreading.
If you actually go through this thread, you will see that most of the people don't think she ''petty'' for showing her true emotions - firstly, she hasn't even done that yet. Secondly, people think she is ''petty'' for the contrived ''I'm so over him'' content that she keep pushing on her ig.
However, I'm sure most of the people here (including myself) will gain tons of respect for her, and stop criticising her if she is honest about the difficulty of her situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can't see this comment now. She might have deleted it. But I saw this:

View attachment 242277
harsh but i totally agree, for me it would make sense if she said "I know it will take time but I will..." i mean she has had another serious breakup in the past, her and Marcus did live together. but her saying she is basically over it is bizarre. To me it feels like one of those things when people try to convicne themselves of something by saying it to others

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.