Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Except she’s not princess diana and anyone who can take a bite of a raw unripened cucumber and look straight at the camera and say, “delicious” is a psychopath that can move on from a long term relationship without emotions.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I understand she doesn't give that much else away, but there's so much criticism of her diet on here. She clearly has some serious orthorexic tendencies, but if she's happy eating what she's eating, then that's on her. If she wants to put water in her smoothie, does it really matter? Before anyone jumps in and says she's setting a bad example, she really isn't. I've added up the calories in her what I eat in a day's before, and it's just enough for someone her height. I have been hospitalised with anorexia twice, online media has 100% contributed towards my problems and I can guarantee videos like Niomi's really aren't that bad. I feel like she's owed a certain amount of liberty to eat whatever she wants.

I've seen the same people who criticised Niomi's diet for years, also attack people like Zoe and Louise for eating unhealthily, they then attacked Tanya for eating unhealthily and then not showing what she eats when she lost weight. Is it really worth complaining about people not having a perfect diet?

Reactions: 12
I understand she doesn't give that much else away, but there's so much criticism of her diet on here. She clearly has some serious orthorexic tendencies, but if she's happy eating what she's eating, then that's on her. If she wants to put water in her smoothie, does it really matter? Before anyone jumps in and says she's setting a bad example, she really isn't. I've added up the calories in her what I eat in a day's before, and it's just enough for someone her height. I have been hospitalised with anorexia twice, online media has 100% contributed towards my problems and I can guarantee videos like Niomi's really aren't that bad. I feel like she's owed a certain amount of liberty to eat whatever she wants.

I've seen the same people who criticised Niomi's diet for years, also attack people like Zoe and Louise for eating unhealthily, they then attacked Tanya for eating unhealthily and then not showing what she eats when she lost weight. Is it really worth complaining about people not having a perfect diet?
This comment is a roller coaster lol. “Yes she has orthorexia, but if she’s happy who cares? It doesn’t impact anyone, but yes media does have a devastating impact but not Niomi because I say so. Having been hospitalized for anorexia I can confirm that there is nothing to see here and Niomi’s videos pass my completely scientific test in which I ‘add up the calories’ in all her videos. Despite the many, many users who have themselves said they have had or have EDs and have recognized those toxic behaviours on display in Niomi, I can make the clearest judgement here for reasons that make no sense.”

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This comment is a roller coaster lol. “Yes she has orthorexia, but if she’s happy who cares? It doesn’t impact anyone, but yes media does have a devastating impact but not Niomi because I say so. Having been hospitalized for anorexia I can confirm that there is nothing to see here and Niomi’s videos pass my completely scientific test in which I ‘add up the calories’ in all her videos. Despite the many, many users who have themselves said they have had or have EDs and have recognized those toxic behaviours on display in Niomi, I can make the clearest judgement here for reasons that make no sense.”
I never said she had orthorexia, I said the way she eats displays orthorexic tendencies. If anything, I'm going against the grain of your entire assessment, nobody here has enough information to decide if Niomi is healthy or not? There's no point saying "there are many users here" go ahead, give examples. Pretty bold to diagnose someone with an eating disorder based on the information you get from Niomi online...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
100% agree, they are called "influencer" for a reason, her job is literally to influence people, if she wants to post things that are not with this aim surely she could use her personal account

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Did you factor in to your calorie counting of Niomi's diet, which you probably shouldn't be doing if you're recovering from an ED but I guess you know that, that she works out a ton? And how do you count calories when she very rarely shows portions/ we don't know if she finishes off what she shows? Seems like a pretty futile pursuit to me.

And we really can't discount her behavior as "if she's fine with it, then that's ok." She IS an influencer and many people watching her probably think she's got some credentials/authority to discuss nutrition and want to emulate her. Which would be bad since Niomi's relationship with food is pretty strained.

Reactions: 24
Looks like we touched the nerves of some people.. I'm sorry but if expected perfect toxic positive comments like Niombs and the dummies who thinks she is great post, then you are in the wrong place.
What a roller coaster to say that she has orthorexia and then to say she is not, well she has it an is a ED like it or not that can duck up your life entirely in a short or long term and she as an influencer is promoting that to women young and not so young, and about Tanya and Zoe they are the other extreme they wait too much junk I have never seen Zoella eating average food she is lucky with genetics but her extremely poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle is causing her severe anxiety.

Reactions: 9
The whole purpose of her job is to influence people, so no, its not simply "on you" if her videos make you feel anything. Its all designed to work that way and some people are more vulnerable than others when it comes to subliminal messages.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She has to be bleeping joking with this. She’s farting around different apartments across London, weekend breaks at Soho House, I haven’t seen her wear a mask ONCE while she’s been socializing with friends... and then has the nerve to tell us to stay home. Does she not realize she is part of this problem?!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Really baffles me how anyone who has had an eating disorder can look at videos of someone who is clearly terrified of bread and think huh, nothing to see here lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She has to be bleeping joking with this. She’s farting around different apartments across London, weekend breaks at Soho House, I haven’t seen her wear a mask ONCE while she’s been socializing with friends... and then has the nerve to tell us to stay home. Does she not realize she is part of this problem?!
I love how it says 'stay home' then 'eat out to help out'....I can't with these mixed messages.

But also, duck off Niomi! You're not exactly setting a great example.

Reactions: 10
The whole purpose of her job is to influence people, so no, its not simply "on you" if her videos make you feel anything. Its all designed to work that way and some people are more vulnerable than others when it comes to subliminal messages.
Exactly this, I find comments like ‘if you feel affected by her content that’s on you’ pretty frustrating. Her account exists to engage people and make money from it. If someone is forever showing a pristine life free from any kind of adversity that is going to make some people feel bad about their own lives. Also, people are really willing to accept that the media impacts us all negatively - but when it comes to influencers it’s suddenly ‘well it’s your fault for watching it’ like wtf?

Reactions: 12
Yes, I thought this was a bit rich too, coming from a person who has been travelling more in the past few weeks than I and many others have all year. Coffee here, drinks there, hotel stay, Soho Farmhouse trip.... amazing social distancing Niomi.

Reactions: 17
The comments who come here just to justify her are as dull and contradictory like Niomi's comments.
Wondering if it's not here, Sorry babe Joeeeyyis goneeeyyy maybe you can try to get Marcus back you are are actually more suitable for each other

Reactions: 7
Yes, I thought this was a bit rich too, coming from a person who has been travelling more in the past few weeks than I and many others have all year. Coffee here, drinks there, hotel stay, Soho Farmhouse trip.... amazing social distancing Niomi.
I took it more as her whining about the ~confusing~ messaging about what they’re allowed to do. She’s probably moreso complaining that people are now being asked to lock down again. I mean she doesn’t even think she should have to follow Soho House’s photo rules, why should she have to wind down her socializing like a peasant?

I’ve seen a lot of complaining regarding the “confusion” from UK people on social media the last couple days, and while I agree that their government has clearly bungled the response and the communication, I’m sorry but what exactly did you think was going on here? There is a deadly virus that is still out there and spreads easily while indoors, unmasked, in gatherings of people outside your household. That has not changed. We’re you under the impression that it had? The rules were only relaxed because the initial wave subsided, the health care system could now handle patients, and because businesses are begging to be opened. But COVID has stayed the same. I understand finding ways to live and thrive while still assessing the risk, but constant indoor dining, jet setting holidays, Soho House, staying in different friends’ apartments, working out in indoor gyms, etc., seems to me to just be about pretending COVID was gone.

Frankly I’ve been aghast at how laissez faire a lot of Brits have been, sorry. There is definitely a culture of indulgence I hadn’t noticed before.

Reactions: 45
I took it more as her whining about the ~confusing~ messaging about what they’re allowed to do. She’s probably moreso complaining that people are now being asked to lock down again. I mean she doesn’t even think she should have to follow Soho House’s photo rules, why should she have to wind down her socializing like a peasant?

I’ve seen a lot of complaining regarding the “confusion” from UK people on social media the last couple days, and while I agree that their government has clearly bungled the response and the communication, I’m sorry but what exactly did you think was going on here? There is a deadly virus that is still out there and spreads easily while indoors, unmasked, in gatherings of people outside your household. That has not changed. We’re you under the impression that it had? The rules were only relaxed because the initial wave subsided, the health care system could now handle patients, and because businesses are begging to be opened. But COVID has stayed the same. I understand finding ways to live and thrive while still assessing the risk, but constant indoor dining, jet setting holidays, Soho House, staying in different friends’ apartments, working out in indoor gyms, etc., seems to me to just be about pretending COVID was gone.

Frankly I’ve been aghast at how laissez faire a lot of Brits have been, sorry. There is definitely a culture of indulgence I hadn’t noticed before.
Yeah I’ve seen quite a few things like this about contradictory advice; Matt Lucas did an impression of Boris in similar way ‘don’t go out, but DO go out, but don’t...’. It’s definitely a comment on the government messaging rather than instructional but people who whinge about this, like her, don’t seem to even follow existing rules (like yes you can meet up with X number of people but you’re still supposed to be distanced from them!)

Reactions: 20

(I can see why she shared it, the messaging from the British Government is very mixed and clearly trying to absolve themselves of responsibility because they are failing massively. But no matter how poorly the government are acting, and how “confusing” the mixed messaging, rule of six, hands face space etc is....we all have a brain. We can all see things are getting worse and now is not the time to go out for drinks and coffee and shop or holiday like things are normal. It hasn’t been for months. It really is shocking that people where I live are carrying on as if nothing is going on, even crowding around buskers etc, big events on etc)

But to have this message come from Niomi? Interesting to see she is aware of political conversation but evidently she’s not clever enough to cotton on she’s part of the, as you say, laissez faire problem in the U.K.

Does she see herself as a class above?

Reactions: 22
I personally got to know a lot about healthy food like chia sends , goji berry etc after watching Niomus videos ( which I think have been helpful to become knowledgeable about these super foods) . I see to love her WIEIAD videos .

I even tried making smoothie bowls ( back in the day lol )and honestly hated it .
So yes she is definitely an influencer and does influence us . I am a grown up adult , while I was sensible enough to only incorporate her super foods into my regular diet , am sure there will be lot of young people who try really into adapting the exact kind of diet she follow, which might be not so healthy for their body and their pockets

happy to add that I unfollowed her long back when her content became not so relatable.

I know Someone who went vegan ( but she ate rice , bread , all sorts of veggies etc ) but had health issues from related to reduced b vitamins. she was already a vegetarian so all she did extra was cut out dairy to go vegan but even that minor switch affected her health drastically. She went on supplements but it didn’t improve her health .
Her doctor advised her to eat real food , she stopped being vegan but still is a vegetarian and is now back to her healthy self . She is super rich too , so it’s not she wasn’t able to afford any of those packaged healthy foods to be healthy, but she choose reall food over that as per her doctors advice and as a personal choice .

unless someone is working with a RD, I think no one should follow any sorts of extreme diet culture , and yes influencers are Iike their name suggests influencing their audience and selling products through their sponsored contents to promote it even further !

Reactions: 6
Niomi is 100% part of the problem when it comes to EDs and ideas like clean eating and wellness. Part of my fascination with her videos is my ED. I am well aware of it.

Every time she talks about how "healthy" something is, honestly, I die a bit inside because most foods are nutritious in some way. The issue is balance, not elimination. I bloody hate that I analyse an ingredient as soon as I pick it up; food should not take that much thought. Pleasure should come through flavour, not the knowledge you are eating something that is "superior."

It just makes me so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.