Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Acai is just a berry to put in it. Apparently its a superfood. I doubt the nutrition and cost per gram makes it any better than blackcurrants or beetroots and it comes from somewhere exotic.

Even aldi sell acai chocolate these days :LOL:
yeh it is pointless being an "environmental vegan" then buying stuff shipped from halfway around the world instead of stuff we can produce here

Reactions: 10
I wish someone would video capture the gleambot moment, I'm terrible with tech and have no idea how you're all doing these amazing video things but it's honestly one of the funniest things on the internet
Its somewhere at the end of the first thread

Reactions: 2
omggg this thread 🤣🤣🤣 its been while since i checked in but it is so so hilarious!! damn those memes and edited videos people are posting!!

also what the hell with the burning of the paper last night on her IG stories - what voodoo is she up to. its such a cry for attention honestly who does that!!??

i like a lot of you have been watching back old videos too and noticing how controlling her relationship with food and joeeyyyy was. also in the sunday in the heatwave vlog where she goes on about making her own electrolyte water after the 10k - like seriously girl just have a lucozade and be done with it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
omggg this thread 🤣🤣🤣 its been while since i checked in but it is so so hilarious!! damn those memes and edited videos people are posting!!

also what the hell with the burning of the paper last night on her IG stories - what voodoo is she up to. its such a cry for attention honestly who does that!!??

i like a lot of you have been watching back old videos too and noticing how controlling her relationship with food and joeeyyyy was. also in the sunday in the heatwave vlog where she goes on about making her own electrolyte water after the 10k - like seriously girl just have a lucozade and be done with it 🙄
“electrolyte water” is basically just salt and sugar in water too 😂

It is like people who use coconut oil instead of real oil/butter... you are as well just using the real thing.
Coconut oil is expensive as well. That's what annoys me about her recipes and stuff, someone yesterday signposted me to some biscuits she makes that looked quite good - but when I looked at the ingredients, it's stuff like buckwheat flour (don't even know what that is) and ingredients that sound either expensive or inaccessible. I have a few vegan friends or veggies who eat a lot of vegan stuff and they're not making food with nutritional yeast instead of cheese or weird flour that you can't get in a normal supermarket or costs double the price of regular stuff. I think it must put a lot of people off by adding to the perception that eating vegan is expensive when you can actually eat vegan really cheap.

Reactions: 9
What is the difference between a smoothie bowl and an açai bowl?

I have a really sweet tooth but they both look too sickly for me. Deliciously Ella is the same - always eating really sugary food but as it’s ‘natural’ and more expensive than your general household sugar it’s somehow more virtuous?!
Smoothie bowl can be made with any fruit. Açai bowl is made with açai berry. It’s a berry from Brazil which has many times more antioxidant properties than blueberries. In Brazil they have loads of street bars selling açai bowls 😊

Reactions: 14

Yel

It is like people who use coconut oil instead of real oil/butter... you are as well just using the real thing.
Same with nutritional yeast, I really don't think it's that good for you - got something called excitotoxins that can overstimulate your receptors. It's so easy to be vegan and add the fish food dust to every savoury thing you have - just like she does. I'm not convinced it's any better than parmesan, especially now as natural saturated fat isn't the killer it was once portrayed as.

Reactions: 7
Coconut oil is expensive as well. That's what annoys me about her recipes and stuff, someone yesterday signposted me to some biscuits she makes that looked quite good - but when I looked at the ingredients, it's stuff like buckwheat flour (don't even know what that is) and ingredients that sound either expensive or inaccessible. I have a few vegan friends or veggies who eat a lot of vegan stuff and they're not making food with nutritional yeast instead of cheese or weird flour that you can't get in a normal supermarket or costs double the price of regular stuff. I think it must put a lot of people off by adding to the perception that eating vegan is expensive when you can actually eat vegan really cheap.

All you need to know about buckwheat flour is it's gluten free, sells for £3/kg and at the height of flour panic buying during lockdown it was still always in stock in my local supermarket.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Off topic but I am glad someone else notices that (good) coconut oil is not cheap. Way too many people gatekeep it and don’t realize if it’s under $10, it may be cut with palm oil to save $$$$$.

Veganism has honestly become a status symbol in the west. My family are adventists so I see it as something normal. I try not to be fussy about it. I hate the elitism that’s really messed up the lifestyle, and Niomi is definitely an elitist vegan (to me).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My OH can’t stand coconut oil. I went through a phase of trying to cook with it but he could really taste it in the food I made. It definitely adds a flavour that you don’t necessarily want.
I doubt it’s much better or healthier than olive oil.

Reactions: 5
My OH can’t stand coconut oil. I went through a phase of trying to cook with it but he could really taste it in the food I made. It definitely adds a flavour that you don’t necessarily want.
Yes, Ive tried to bake with it and it has a strong taste.

Reactions: 4
I don't see the point of using such exotic and expensive products when she doesn't look any different from others with average diet, her skin or hair don't have any special glow or silky look, not sure how tall she is, but she looks like me, petite and skinny not because of over working out or eating that tit but just genetics, so I don't understand the obsess over food she has

Reactions: 8
100% this! a vegan diet should technically be cheaper than eating meat/fish, veg, legumes etc are all cheap it just makes it inaccessbile for people (I'm not vegan but do eat lots of vegan food just because I like legumes etc) which if you want people to become vegan/eat more vegan is counterproductive surely? This is what makes me think a lot of influencers just do it performatively, they don't care about the actual ehtics

All you need to know about buckwheat flour is it's gluten free, sells for £3/kg and at the hight of flour panic buying during lockdown it was still always in stock in my local supermarket.
I've never bought the flour but buckwheat noodle that they eat often in Japanese cuisine are so nice! (albeit not cheap)

Reactions: 7
I don't see the point of using such exotic and expensive products when she doesn't look any different from others with average diet, her skin or hair don't have any special glow or silky look, not sure how tall she is, but she looks like me, petite and skinny not because of over working out or eating that tit but just genetics, so I don't understand the obsess over food she has
Yeah people always say she lost loads of weight when she went plant based but honestly her Mum is petite and I think she just started eating more healthily and working out after uni (which was when she started her channel etc anyway) probably had gained some weight from all the drinking etc and now she’s back to her normal petite size. I lost weight after uni so easily for the same reason tbh, not drinking so much/eating pizza hungover all the time, and actually exercising.

Reactions: 6
It makes a great moisturizer, that’s how I use it nowadays. It keeps you hydrated, so I am addicted to it for that alone.

The only foods it works well with are Asian dishes, like curries and stir fry. The flavors are more balanced.

100% this! a vegan diet should technically be cheaper than eating meat/fish, veg, legumes etc are all cheap it just makes it inaccessbile for people (I'm not vegan but do eat lots of vegan food just because I like legumes etc) which if you want people to become vegan/eat more vegan is counterproductive surely? This is what makes me think a lot of influencers just do it performatively, they don't care about the actual ehtics

I've never bought the flour but buckwheat noodle that they eat often in Japanese cuisine are so nice! (albeit not cheap)
It becomes $$$$ because they only go to Whole Foods, or some other posh organic market, to buy processed crap or some native “superfood” from Africa that they eat everyday and probably grows wild, but gets shipped off to the West and then sold for a 5000% markup to goofballs who don’t know any better.

I like luxury food but sometimes the marketing can get ridiculous at times. At the end of the day it all comes out one end so...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Off topic but I am glad someone else notices that (good) coconut oil is not cheap. Way too many people gatekeep it and don’t realize if it’s under $10, it may be cut with palm oil to save $$$$$.

Veganism has honestly become a status symbol in the west. My family are adventists so I see it as something normal. I try not to be fussy about it. I hate the elitism that’s really messed up the lifestyle, and Niomi is definitely an elitist vegan (to me).
Veganism and Vegetarians may not eat animals and I have friends who became vegetarians duw to the awful treatment many suffer before being killed, but in the same sense how many animals die because of their homes and habitats getting totally destroy to produce palm, coconut oil, soy etc? I have even seen videos of chained monkeys obligated to collect coconuts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She has very hormonal skin, could be from all the weird yeast additives, her body might be overloaded with folic acid and it will make her bloaty and gain weight thus needing to control her portions even more. She's very flabby for someone who works out so much, probably needs to check her hormone levels

• Angry
Not going to lie, if she doesn't post a video on Sunday I'm going to be pissed. I know some people are going to say "She doesn't owe us anything! She can take all the time she needs!" and I would have said fair enough only IF she had actually kept quiet about things and not used her audience as a means to send subliminal messages to her ex. But now? She's been throwing hints left and right, been posting sassy/passive aggressive replies referring to the breakup in her comment section, been embarrassing herself every single day with her cringy stories. She's clearly not trying to hide that he broke up with her, if anything she's been rubbing it in our faces really -- yet she's refusing to spell it out and that is just starting to be annoying. I know it's a different situation but, in my opinion, Amelia Liana actually had the right approach when this happened to her last year. She took a genuine break, not posting anything for a few of weeks. Then she returned and just announced it in a straightforward, short video. She didn't go into detail but said enough for us to understand what had happened. There was no cringy teasing, no bikini pics every day, no burning paper and full moon rituals. Niomi could've easily earned some sympathy points from this but her non-stop attention seeking is starting to have the opposite effect. She's becoming irritating.

Reactions: 25
She has very hormonal skin, could be from all the weird yeast additives, her body might be overloaded with folic acid and it will make her bloaty and gain weight thus needing to control her portions even more. She's very flabby for someone who works out so much, probably needs to check her hormone levels
All she really does is running and yoga... I have always been petite but was a little soft, that changed once I started lifting weights. I look the best I have in years.

She needs to stop with her Instagram posts. Im getting second hand embarrassment now.
It comes across as really desperate now. Joe is seeming dignified. Lol.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.