Niomi Smart #38 My bum is out, my trip was free, why's everyone so mean to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised she’s with Bradley to be honest.

she seems to come from a family that dates/marries strategically. Did she go out with Marcus before or after he started getting a following on YT? I’d be very interested to know! She couldn’t have predicted how much it would all take off, but to teenagers, building a large following online through vlogging back then carried its own social currency.

And then of course Pahfect joey fit the bill perfectly. It didn’t seem like she saw a guy with quiet ambition, kindness, morals… she always praised his pretty superficial qualities. His cooking. His RF connections. His look. It was all very shallow - but he offered her the social class, money and look she wanted.

for a girl like Niomi, I just can’t see what Bradley is offering. He’s younger and seems pretty immature. He isn’t more insta-famous than her. He has a flatmate so probably isn’t wealthier than her. His crowd seems to be z-listers. He doesn’t seem to be the type to settle down anytime soon.

was he just the best thing available and a better option than staying single I wonder?
She was at school with Marcus

Reactions: 6
Lol guys guess who got blocked (for the second time)? After I commented that I didn’t perceive the comments as malicious but as criticism of her behavior, and that people have the right to point out how much her content has changed recently. That’s all I commented and the witch blocked me 😂 From now on I have to rely on you guys for Story and post updates 😄
Niomi is simply being a compassionate, caring woman when she blocks another woman for speaking.

I'm sorry she did this to you, I bet a lot of her longtime fans also got the block, I wonder if now they see who she really is..

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Hello there!
Long time lurker, found tattle after the break up with Joe. I followed only Niomi out of all the Britcrew, because I saw something in her, but actually cannot remember anymore what exactly?
Anyway, I never commented on her posts or send her a message or anything. Instead I liked some of her old content when she was still single and then with Joe.

But through finding Tattle, it really opened my eyes, how two-faced she is and generally helped me to see two sides that comes with influencerism. I liked one of the critical but still neutrally and politely voiced comments and GOT BLOCKED!? I mean, as so many already have pointed out right before me, she has such a nice following with how they sincerely address constructive criticism and even their concerns with her, but she just cannot take it right?

• Wow
Reactions: 45
^ Yikes so sorry and welcome to Tattle! Now we know what she does with all her time, she looks at all the likes on comments and then blocks people... same thing happened to me 1st time so I made a 2nd account lol and never like or speak to her or anyone on there because ya know, Smart Censorship is in full swing...

Reactions: 21
Yes, that’s what we call entitlement, on top of ungratefulness. She’s a gem.

1645591555551.png

1645591564685.png

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That’s crazy! She completely lost it…
I’m sure she doesn’t want these constructive comments to have too many likes so she can just say that they are « malicious » and unfair. But that’s pure censorship, she really can’t take any criticism

Reactions: 18
I’m surprised she’s with Bradley to be honest.

she seems to come from a family that dates/marries strategically. Did she go out with Marcus before or after he started getting a following on YT? I’d be very interested to know! She couldn’t have predicted how much it would all take off, but to teenagers, building a large following online through vlogging back then carried its own social currency.

And then of course Pahfect joey fit the bill perfectly. It didn’t seem like she saw a guy with quiet ambition, kindness, morals… she always praised his pretty superficial qualities. His cooking. His RF connections. His look. It was all very shallow - but he offered her the social class, money and look she wanted.

for a girl like Niomi, I just can’t see what Bradley is offering. He’s younger and seems pretty immature. He isn’t more insta-famous than her. He has a flatmate so probably isn’t wealthier than her. His crowd seems to be z-listers. He doesn’t seem to be the type to settle down anytime soon.

was he just the best thing available and a better option than staying single I wonder?
He is the only one being Superficial and shallow as her(doing selfies together and live for the gram 🤮)...she tried to date other men I think but I guess she seems pretty empty-handed to be around. You cannot have a serious conversation with her about problems of the world. She is and will be just an influcencer - AD pole doing yoga and showing her useless skin care routine with no personality. She has nothing else to offer...except making a shitshow from time to time.

Reactions: 13
I had to unfollow. It was entertaining for a while but now she's just pissing me off. I so wish for this influencer culture to crack already and for all these dumbos to get proper jobs and a dose of reality, it's about time ....

To our Tattlers from Ukraine - here's to hoping the crazy man will change his mind and draw back. Lots of love to you! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39
He is the only one being Superficial and shallow as her(doing selfies together and live for the gram 🤮)...she tried to date other men I think but I guess she seems pretty empty-handed to be around. You cannot have a serious conversation with her about problems of the world. She is and will be just an influcencer - AD pole doing yoga and showing her useless skin care routine with no personality. She has nothing else to offer...except making a shitshow from time to time.
Typo : **empty head 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m so glad that this thread has exposed Em Clarkson, I’ve thought she was problematic for ages. She doesn’t visibly do anything because she doesn’t have to apart from get riled up about nothing and start swearing 🙄 ofc she’s rushing to the defence of Nims

Reactions: 12
I’m hesitant to say this and am open to being challenged… but, most of these women we discuss also have one big advantage - they pretty much all have (what appear to be) supportive partners / husbands. I know it’s better to be single and happy than with the wrong person, I know that, but I’ve done life with an amazing partner and now without, and I have to admit it’s a lot easier when you’re with someone who has your back and makes you feel good and cares about you. It’s also a huge status symbol in these crowds. I think a lot of them take it for granted (and that’s normal - I did that too when I was in a long term secure relationship). But I think that’s probably why Niomi seemed to be struggling too - in a lot of ways, life can be much harder when you don’t have someone close to share it with who you love and fancy and trust. Just my two cents but it’s something I observe in my own friend group and think about a lot. Feel free to dispute!

ETA: I really don’t mean this to be depressing to anyone who is single - it’s honestly just my own very personal view and I wondered what others think. I know there are a million different ways to be happy, if was more just that I think many of these influencers might find it harder to be so confident and self assured if they were finding their feet newly single or had never had that support system in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m hesitant to say this and am open to being challenged… but, most of these women we discuss also have one big advantage - they pretty much all have (what appear to be) supportive partners / husbands. I know it’s better to be single and happy than with the wrong person, I know that, but I’ve done life with an amazing partner and now without, and I have to admit it’s a lot easier when you’re with someone who has your back and makes you feel good and cares about you. It’s also a huge status symbol in these crowds. I think a lot of them take it for granted (and that’s normal - I did that too when I was in a long term secure relationship). But I think that’s probably why Niomi seemed to be struggling too - in a lot of ways, life can be much harder when you don’t have someone close to share it with who you love and fancy and trust. Just my two cents but it’s something I observe in my own friend group and think about a lot. Feel free to dispute!
Thank you for sharing your thought, that’s an interesting topic 😊

I agree with you for the most part, but I’m a firm believer that people should work through their issues, in order to feel confident and comfortable with themselves, as well as their values, skills and worth, before relying on their partner. I’m not saying that in a « I don’t need anybody, I can handle everything on my own » kind of way, but for people like Niomi, it’s like their partner are some kind of shield protecting them from suffering. What happens then when this shield is no longer there? They find themselves lost, with no identity left, because, as we said yesterday, they gave their partner the responsibility to define them.

Again, don’t get me wrong, it’s really nice and reassuring to have a partner/friend/family member to rely on, as it probably reinforces our esteem of ourselves, but for people like Niomi, it’s like « tell me who you date, I’ll tell you who you are ».

• Heart
I agree with you for the most part, but I’m a firm believer that people should work through their issues in order to feel confident and comfortable with themselves, as well as their values, skills and worth before relying on their partner. I’m not saying that in a « I don’t need anybody, I can handle everything on my own » kind of way, but for people like Niomi, it’s like their partner are some kind of shield protecting them from suffering. What happens then when this shield is no longer there? They find themselves lost, with no identity left, because, as we said yesterday, they gave their partner the responsibility to define them.

Again, don’t get me wrong, it’s really nice and reassuring to have a partner/friend/family member to rely on, as it probably reinforces our esteem of ourselves, but for people for Niomi, it’s like « tell me who you date, I’ll tell you who you are ».
No I completely agree! And that’s why I suspect many of these “confident” gals would be cast adrift if they suddenly ended up single. (I obv wouldn’t wish it on anyone, breakups are horrible.)

Reactions: 11

ETA: I really don’t mean this to be depressing to anyone who is single - it’s honestly just my own very personal view and I wondered what others think. I know there are a million different ways to be happy, if was more just that I think many of these influencers might find it harder to be so confident and self assured if they were finding their feet newly single or had never had that support system in the first place.
I HUGELY understand what you mean. I was the last out of my group of middle class friends from Uni to find a serious boyfriend. Arguably I had the most exciting life and job out of all of them… but even nowadays, it’s never explicitly stated but having “the right” type of male partner carries a lot of social currency among women, even nice, progressive, open minded women. It feels almost ingrained into us. My place in that group changed hugely when I found my now partner. And I imagine Niomis crowd are a million times more judgemental and conscious of that.

plus it is nice to have someone build you up too.

but having been single for most of my 20s, I would agree that aspects of life become a lot easier when you find someone.

(not advocating we should all find a man ASAP; the opposite. Life was tough be alone in my 20s at times but I wouldn’t have the confidence, independence that I do now if I hadn’t gone through that)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
… but even nowadays, it’s never explicitly stated but having “the right” type of male partner carries a lot of social currency among women, even nice, progressive, open minded women. It feels almost ingrained into us. My place in that group changed hugely when I found my now partner.
Exactly this. You said it much better than me! That sums up my rambling paragraph perfectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

This is a really good point! In a way, the same can be said for some men. I had a colleague who had 3 sons. She always told them they *HAD* to listen to her and have their own home and place (so with no roommate, no partner) first before moving in with others because she didn't want them to rely on a woman (they were all straight) just because they could. She didn't want them to fall in the traditional family trap. She wanted them to be able to stand on their own feet in stead of always having a pretty girlfriend to cook for them and who did their cleaning. She said she was grateful they all listened to her because they were all very capable men already in their early 20s.
There is often a lot of pressure on men, too, to find the "perfect wife", who dresses them well, gives them a new haircut, cooks for them because society still seems to think that men can't do this because they were always babied by their parents.

As for Niomi, in her crowd it's such a status symbol. I can imagine she feels left out. I am the only person in my friend group without a partner, I don't mind being alone but sometimes it's lonely to see them all partnered up. Your position in the group really IS different, especially when they start to talk about couple-things. I think her mom and grandmother have always told her her main purpose is finding a rich man so she can have a good, wealthy life. In a way, she must feel like she's failing her parents etc.

• Heart
Your position in the group really IS different, especially when they start to talk about couple-things.
I always found it got really awkward in the group chat when they wanted to book couple trips or activities - do we invite Cee-Bee or will she feel awkward? I could tell they felt sorry for me and I know they meant well - they genuinely wanted me to be happy and settled down with someone.

but I wish they could’ve seen that I was living an exciting single life in London, with an exciting career taking off. They were settling down in their hometowns (which is fine) while I was exploring the world. No matter how much fun or how well I was doing, ultimately it felt like having a boyfriend was the ultimate goal. None of the rest really counted.

it takes a huge amount of character I think, to dig your heels in in the face of that silent judgement/pity and continue living life on your terms and taking the harder (but more fulfilling) route. Strength of character that I don’t think Niomi demonstrates.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I understand you all. Every story is different but what I see here is that all of you for sure have some self reflection, you understand yourself at a deep level. Nimbecile does not go further than it is universe it is Saturn return or it is because i did not wear my magical Stones or take a selfie with the other person. She does not go deep within herself. Everything is fake for others to see.
My personal story is that i needed to spend couple of years learning to like and then love myself being my best friend before I met unexpectedly someone . She is very Superficial at every level. I did not see her supportting at any level when Joe was going through a rough time loosing a job. She still continued shoving the camera in front of his face, doing "I cut my boyfriend hair during pandemic " video...like bish. He lost his job his dream...let him be and grieve that for a moment. Eat ice-cream or binge watch friends.
And now she is with someone who is deep like a spoon.
I would just witch slap a friend who during my hard difficult times would blab about skin care routine to cheer me up or smoothie bowl weather 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.