Niomi Smart #2 Glitch in the Gleam Bot, I'll just have to put Joe's fennel teabag back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

She says it wasn't her but surely this must be part of the options when setting up the video?!
It's 100% up to her. Would have taken 2 seconds to put less ads.

She's just ticked every box to make every single penny she can.

Reactions: 7
she needs to stop saying vegan coz she still eats honey and presumably wouldn’t mind wool / leather
Yeah, she has a Loewe bag which is made with calfskin.

Also, on the topic of living sustainably/being eco-friendly, with the amount of times she's travelled abroad (I tried to add it up but lost count), her carbon footprint will be huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her latest video is so ridiculous. I have seen content like this from loads of influencers before pretty much saying
“I turn down sooooo many brand deals, which means you can’t judge me for the ones I do accept.”
Lily pebbles is shilling that message alllll the time. It’s not good enough.
You can’t just decide that what you do is moral because you want it to be. If you accept money/freebies for something, then no one is unbiased. At all. Even if you believe you would have bought it anyway, chances are you wouldn’t have if it wasn’t free. She takes money to encourage consumerism, even if most of the products she sells are “ethical”.
Is she better than someone who sells skinny tea? Yes. Is she better than MOST influencers who only accept deals that match their brand? No.

If you want to have an online platform where you can release positive messages, recommended true green living and give actual un-biased reviews of what products are worth buying, then DON’T DO BRAND DEALS. Earn your money another way. Whether that’s a business, good quality books or a more “regular” job. The time you can put into your content may go down, but the moral and actual value of it will be so much greater.

I am so fed up of hearing the excuse “I NEED to accept brand deals to do this job, I have a family to feed”. The world doesn’t NEED influences. No one is forcing you to be an influencer, you can find another career path. The money is good, the hours are good and the perks are good. That’s why so many influencers with moral compasses are trying to persuade their fans that they can accept brand deals and be moral, when the truth is that’s not really true.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Her career is marketing and advertising, and it's okay since all products need to be marketed etc.

Now she pretends that it's more than that, that she's somehow inspiring change.. and this is what i don't like cuz it's not true!

As someone mentioned before, she is unaware, kinda empty. She needs to get out of her bubble and have something inspiring to inspire or whatever she thinks she's doing..🙄

Reactions: 6
The insta account for her skincare has around 5000 followers already when the only posts are like some oranges and dead flowers. Influencing is some next level bullshit I stg.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not to whiteknight Niomi, but a lot of channels had adverts turned on automatically by YouTube this past week and it took them a few days to get them turned off. Example:
20200804_134404.jpg

So she doesn't even view her videos that someone else edits and uploads for her?

Reactions: 1
So she doesn't even view her videos that someone else edits and uploads for her?
I didn’t even realise this was a thing until recently, I don’t know if anyone follows the unjaded jade thread, but she is advertising for an editor who also comes up with content ideas. It’s so absurd!

Reactions: 3
I hate how Niomi preaches about how sustainable her lifestyle is yet when she did her Boots collaboration it was full of plastic/chemicals. She also did a range with Oasis (high street clothes shop) despite saying how against fast fashion she is and would never buy from the high street. Niomi clearly doesn't care about what she puts her name to, as long as it makes her look good and keeps up with this perfect image of her. So hypocritical and such double standards. Take a good look at yourself Niomi!!

Reactions: 13
I am so fed up of hearing the excuse “I NEED to accept brand deals to do this job, I have a family to feed”. The world doesn’t NEED influences. No one is forcing you to be an influencer, you can find another career path. The money is good, the hours are good and the perks are good. That’s why so many influencers with moral compasses are trying to persuade their fans that they can accept brand deals and be moral, when the truth is that’s not really true.
So tired of this too!

Niomi and crew have morally questionable “careers”, period. There are far more honest ways to earn money - they choose not to. Same as someone who deals heroin chooses not to! Should we all go be sticking up for drug dealers because they have rent to pay? NO.

Reactions: 9
I genuinely feel like she's a waste of space in London. She contributes nothing and consumes everything, it's such an imbalance.

Reactions: 11
To what other influencers was she compared ?
She didn't say but she references them around 07:40. Just re-watching the video myself. She clearly thinks she's superior to them. Near the end she even says that for people to compare her to them makes her feel sad and frustrated!

She says 'I'm not in this job to sell'... yes you are, Niomi! You're no different to any other influencer. Apparently, her 'purpose' is to 'spread awareness, speak about things she cares about and try to make change'. She's not doing a very good job then...

Brags about only working with brands that 'completely align with her ethos' and how she turns down a 'sickening amount'. She says 'the things that I turn down, other influencers would literally kill for'. Completely fails to recognise her privilege that she can afford to turn down jobs.

Her holier than thou attitude is insufferable.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
And then all of the freebies she receives (and promotes) in her PO box, I remember her videos about this. Insane!

Reactions: 7
She didn't say but she references them around 07:40. Just re-watching the video myself. She clearly thinks she's superior to them. Near the end she even says that for people to compare her to them makes her feel sad and frustrated!

She says 'I'm not in this job to sell'... yes you are, Niomi! You're no different to any other influencer. Apparently, her 'purpose' is to 'spread awareness, speak about things she cares about and try to make change'. She's not doing a very good job then...

Brags about only working with brands that 'completely align with her ethos' and how she turns down a 'sickening amount'. She says 'the things that I turn down, other influencers would literally kill for'. Completely fails to recognise her privilege that she can afford to turn down jobs.

Her holier than thou attitude is insufferable.

I cba to watch this, but from the sound of it she is the epitome of what she’s describing ?

Reactions: 4
And since that video she’s put up an insta story that said ‘know your worth then add tax’ and pictures of her in a blue dress that seem to be some kind of brand deal with bondi born Australia? She’s very ‘money money money’ for someone who claims not care about selling...

Reactions: 6
Worst thing about her is the sense that she believes her own hype. She owes her success to Marcus. I can’t understand how she doesn’t get more criticism for the brand deals she chooses to do. I didn’t watch that full video but from the above it seems she said she turns down deals other influences kill for?! The sheer arrogance of that statement! As for the deals she does do - her Boots range, fast fashion a la OASIS. Then the icing on the cake - Land Rover. Plus the sheer amount she both consumes & promotes. She’s either very foolish or she thinks her viewers are & tbh I suspect that deep down it’s the latter.

Reactions: 9
And since that video she’s put up an insta story that said ‘know your worth then add tax’ and pictures of her in a blue dress that seem to be some kind of brand deal with bondi born Australia? She’s very ‘money money money’ for someone who claims not care about selling...
Also I don’t think it was listed as ad either ? Unless I missed it

Worst thing about her is the sense that she believes her own hype. She owes her success to Marcus. I can’t understand how she doesn’t get more criticism for the brand deals she chooses to do. I didn’t watch that full video but from the above it seems she said she turns down deals other influences kill for?! The sheer arrogance of that statement! As for the deals she does do - her Boots range, fast fashion a la OASIS. Then the icing on the cake - Land Rover. Plus the sheer amount she both consumes & promotes. She’s either very foolish or she thinks her viewers are & tbh I suspect that deep down it’s the latter.
Another “routine” video just to promote a skincare brand, I am very into skincare and would never just use the same brand for everything, it’s impossible that everything from one brand works for you. Ugh. Luckily it’s not a brand I buy from so I don’t have to stop 🤣

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.