Niomi Smart #17 I’m not an influencer! But please buy these vitamins and mop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't familiar with Grackle before but she makes some really good points--my favourite being that Niomi can surely only sustain this way of eating because she does duck all :ROFLMAO: All the pilates in the sky in the world won't account for as many calories as being a busy working person with multiple responsibilities. You have to sustain yourself mentally as well as physically.

Niomi says she keeps her figure small by "eating properly and exercising" (I can't remember the exact response she gave on insta). So either she a) assumes this is knowledge not everyone has, or b) thinks she's superior for being able to follow the "rules." Which is thinspo rhetoric.
She is skinnyfat, not healthy. No muscle tone and neither mentally nor physically fit.

I think Niomi is having a full Mental/nervous Breakdown and that's why she has remained at her Mum's home.

Reactions: 20
She is skinnyfat, not healthy. No muscle tone and neither mentally nor physically fit.

I think Niomi is having a full Mental/nervous Breakdown and that's why she has remained at her Mum's home.
She is living as a pensioner, it seems like she is not interacting with anyone, she is by herself all the time. Dont think she is following the covid-rules because of covid but because she is depressed. I feel kind of bad for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
You're right that I never hear her talk about protein and fat. She seems to think the more superfoods, supplements, fruit and veg she can shove in herself the healthier she will be, which misses out a lot of important factors - protein, fat, satiety, etc.

After that run when Joe wanted wholegrain toast with peanut butter and banana on top, in my opinion that's actually a more balanced, healthy and appropriate meal to refuel than her smoothie bowl. Not to mention it's just nice, simple, normal food and unpretentious (bougie peanut butter brand aside). She would never understand that though, because in her head bread is "naughty", carbs are evil, any food with a decent amount of calories is to be avoided.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
You're right that I never hear her talk about protein and fat. She seems to think the more superfoods, supplements, fruit and veg she can shove in herself the healthier she will be, which misses out a lot of important factors - protein, fat, satiety, etc.

After that run when Joe wanted wholegrain toast with peanut butter and banana on top, in my opinion that's actually a more balanced, healthy and appropriate meal to refuel than her smoothie bowl. Not to mention it's just nice, simple, normal food and unpretentious (bougie peanut butter brand aside). She would never understand that though, because in her head bread is "naughty", carbs are evil, any food with a decent amount of calories is to be avoided.
She snacks on dried apicot and 'her' peanut butter that she doesn't have to share with anyone...? Peanut Butter police.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
So Niomi shared a post on Instagram earlier this week from flower company Bloom and Wild about how they won’t be selling red roses this Valentine’s Day because 'Inspired by the complexity of modern relationships, there are no red rose bouquets this year. In fact, there are no red roses at all. Senders will be able to put real thought into which bouquet feels right for the person they love,' an idea which Niomi praised on her stories. Yet she’s clearly happy to take a gifted bunch of red roses from Dior because we all know how much Niomi loves a freebie and obviously no one will be buying her roses this year. Poor old #gifted Nimbobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When I used to watch her vlogs and videos the one thing that always came up was how tired she was and she would mention it often. Always exhausted after doing nothing.

Reactions: 18
Yes , it looks like a lot of carbs only and too many fruits for a day IMO , which also is carbs . No protein for breakfast at all and loads of banana is equal to eating sugar ! Carbs , protein and fats in a meal is what makes you feel full plus helping body to absorb the nutrients ! Niomi doesn’t seem to know or follow any of these . Being plant based doesn’t make anyone healthy if they are doing it all wrong!
When I first watched Niomi I also thought she was the healthiest and did try a smoothie bowl , not only did it tasted meh it also didn’t fill me up at all!
I just hope that all her young viewers doesn’t follow her food habits , but luckily there are now lots of good vegan and non vegan channels who shares proper meals and also channels which are run by people who knows nutrition, so there are more resources for anyone who wants to follow any kind of diet out there which are reliable unlike Niomi Smart’s! Niomi seemed to have jumped on the vegan wagon when it was flourishing trendy and now doesn’t know how to navigate !
when niomi started veganism wasn't as mainstream as it is now. she was learning as she went by herself, sadly her mistakes influenced many many viewers watching her and noomi was told by gleam etc that what she was doing was great she was an educator in turn she began to believe this. then came the eat smart cookbook with pinterest inspired recipes and it was cemented in her mind she knew best and she was paid handsomely to share her knowledge. really the odd course in nutrition and a lot of books / podcasts by a combo of medical doctors and nutritionists would have been helpful but she doesn't believe she needs it. sooooo many people on traditional western omnivore diets also miss out on nutrients and get sick off their diet, but they're usually not billing themselves as healthy eating healthy living inspirational figures.

many people also skip meals and have big blow out meals in front of family / mates /bf gf. we've never had as a society so much cheap tasty food, and seemingly suffered with dealing with it. most of niomi's mates in london seem to have the same attitude to eating as she does remember all those baby shower buffets?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's posting more bikini pics because she's lost weight and prefers her body like this. She probably thinks she's in the best shape of her life.

Her next book will be called The Break Up Body: From Nimbobs to Thin-bobs to Visible Rib-Bobs. The recipes section will just be empty pages, but don't worry--there will be loads on self love!
For all her obsessive excercising (orthorexia), running despite knee injuries, yoga training, and dieting...
WHERE ARE HER MUSCLES
WHERE IS THE TONE
WHERE
witch WHERE

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Meanwhile look at her mom’s post ! Yum!
She captioned it tasty and healthy , ha!
75EDCA16-50B8-484F-B48F-A43A2FB53FE0.jpeg
75EDCA16-50B8-484F-B48F-A43A2FB53FE0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I've never seen this before, even though I'm a huge fan of Grackle. Grackle is like the anti-Niomi in that she has a sense of humour and is very relaxed and NORMAL around food. Niomi was one of the first health youtubers I watched and I thought she was the queen of health, not realising how unhealthy is really is to be so controlling and obsessive about food. Watching more relaxed people like Grace helped a lot in realising that.

But yeah, basically she tries a day on Niomi's diet and starves.
god this video was bleeping fantastic in illuminating Niomi's absurd eating. the subtle shade throughout the video was MAGNIFICENT. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 25
god this video was bleeping fantastic in illuminating Niomi's absurd eating. the subtle shade throughout the video was MAGNIFICENT. 🤣
I watched the whole thing haha, it was pretty good, she was so hungry and bored at the same time as she was eating that kale chickpea stew with that sad ceiling tile flatbread.

Reactions: 6
I watched the whole thing haha, it was pretty good, she was so hungry and bored at the same time as she was eating that kale chickpea stew with that sad ceiling tile flatbread.
same!! i have actually been watching this girl's channel for the last 2 hours since i clicked on that link and i love her LOL

Reactions: 8
same!! i have actually been watching this girl's channel for the last 2 hours since i clicked on that link and i love her LOL

I had to subscribe, she's kina hilarious and pretty fearless in her videos, something uptight miss pahhfect Niomi is too scared to go for.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Also downshiftolgy , she isn’t vegan but habe vegan recipes and usually have vegan swaps for her non vegan recipes . Excellent channel though
Love her channel so much! I think she has a great approach to food and her recipes and meal plans are actually usable. Yet to see some dumb miracle "healthy" meal from her that involves inaccessible or unreasonable ingredients.

Undereating is a big part of why she can't sleep either. She also can't do her clumsy yoga either, just more clumsy.
Very interesting! I have a friend with ED and her sleep pattern is really bad, I didn't realise the two were connected but it makes perfect sense.

So Niomi shared a post on Instagram earlier this week from flower company Bloom and Wild about how they won’t be selling red roses this Valentine’s Day because 'Inspired by the complexity of modern relationships, there are no red rose bouquets this year. In fact, there are no red roses at all. Senders will be able to put real thought into which bouquet feels right for the person they love,' an idea which Niomi praised on her stories. Yet she’s clearly happy to take a gifted bunch of red roses from Dior because we all know how much Niomi loves a freebie and obviously no one will be buying her roses this year. Poor old #gifted Nimbobs.
she was happy to receive red roses when she was in a relationship, but oh now she’s single no one else should have red roses

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I had to subscribe, she's kina hilarious and pretty fearless in her videos, something uptight miss pahhfect Niomi is too scared to go for.
She's fantastic, she used to be a fashion model but quit to focus on her passion for baking. Her attitude to food is honestly such a breath of fresh air if you've spent too much time on health freak youtube like I have.

Reactions: 11
love that grackle stressed the faff involved in preparing some of niomi's meals because it just highlights how barren and vapid bimnobs' life is that she has the time to make banana ice cream in the morning lol

• Haha
Reactions: 16
flower company Bloom and Wild about how they won’t be selling red roses this Valentine’s Day because 'Inspired by the complexity of modern relationships, there are no red rose bouquets this year. In fact, there are no red roses at all. Senders will be able to put real thought into which bouquet feels right for the person they love'
Marketing can be so ridiculous... As if senders had not been 'able to put real thought into which bouquet feels right for the person they love' before Bloom and Wild suggested it and canceled the red roses bouquets.

Reactions: 10
Tbf I expect they have cleaners etc and none of them do anything. Also, they probably don't want to eat a bowl of soggy mushrooms for dinner - her Mum actually seems to be pretty normal with food, I've noticed a couple of times. They went for afternoon tea and her Mum ate it all whereas Niomi's was barely touched. And another time in the car, they went for a drive through coffee and Dimbobs was like 'I got an almond/oat milk whatever' and her Mum said 'haha I got a full fat cappucino :)' and Niomi did a weird disapproving smirk. It seems even weirder that her family don't appear to have said anything about her eating habits though with all this in mind.
Also at Christmas I think it was, didn't she say they'd all been waiting for her to start dinner for ages and then she didn't come so they ate without her. I find that a bit strange and quite rude, if you knew 3 people were waiting for you before eating...what was she doing that was so important? Taking bikini photos? She's an odd one.
I find Niomi's Mum and Granny T so fascinating.

Verity seems quite normal and yet Granny T is obsessed with herself, her looks and her social standing. Did Verity escape Terrina's criticism and now Granny T focuses her self-absorbed energies on Niomi?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.