Niomi Smart #17 I’m not an influencer! But please buy these vitamins and mop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s sitting with his shoulders hunched up, I think it’s the angle. Maybe he’s put on a few lockdown pounds. Who cares.

I think I’m in the minority but not a fan of Freddie.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Why do you guys think she is still with her family and didn't go back to London? I thought she loved the city and had so many friends over there. She could walk in the park with a friend (with a mask on)? Get a coffee to go. I feel like she is very depressed in Sussex, she has absolutely nothing to do over there.

Reactions: 7

I've never seen this before, even though I'm a huge fan of Grackle. Grackle is like the anti-Niomi in that she has a sense of humour and is very relaxed and NORMAL around food. Niomi was one of the first health youtubers I watched and I thought she was the queen of health, not realising how unhealthy is really is to be so controlling and obsessive about food. Watching more relaxed people like Grace helped a lot in realising that.

But yeah, basically she tries a day on Niomi's diet and starves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

I've never seen this before, even though I'm a huge fan of Grackle. Grackle is like the anti-Niomi in that she has a sense of humour and is very relaxed and NORMAL around food. Niomi was one of the first health youtubers I watched and I thought she was the queen of health, not realising how unhealthy is really is to be so controlling and obsessive about food. Watching more relaxed people like Grace helped a lot in realising that.

love grackle and would buy her recipes in a heartbeat.
feel so dumb for buying niomis recipe book and hating every recipe in it. ew.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yep. Imagine being Freddie. You have a brother referred to as "Dreamy Joe." You, however...'good egg' doesn't have quite the same allure, does it? Sounds like a fart. You are likely aware that a forum full of (mostly) women is going to jump on any pic you post. Are you going to make Joe look hot, or are you going to make him look like a massive unkempt tank who likes to mainline burgers on the regular...?
Ugh, the Dreamy Joe thing is a huge part of the problem. I think my boyfriend of 6 years is super fine, but I would never call him "Dreamy XX." It's incredibly cringe, and something I would've called my grade school crush. I love my boyfriend for all of him, and sometimes he does *not* act dreamy and gets annoying, but that's because he's a PERSON and we can act like ourselves around each other and not get judged. He's not an ideal "Prince-Charming-Dreamy-Joe." He's a person who I know and love fully and am committed to making it work through ups and downs. I don't feel like Dimbob and Dreamy Joe ever cracked that surface level BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Why do you guys think she is still with her family and didn't go back to London? I thought she loved the city and had so many friends over there. She could walk in the park with a friend (with a mask on)? Get a coffee to go. I feel like she is very depressed in Sussex, she has absolutely nothing to do over there.
She seems to spend a lot of time by herself. She makes her own meals and is out walking alone most of the time. I couldn't imagine being at my parents' house and not sharing meals with them.
Maybe she is hiding from Joe and Anna? Running into them would be painful for her, especially if they are already being affectionate in public.

Reactions: 14

I would be starving too if i followed that day of eating. I think the lunch and dinner were fine, but the breakfast would not have even touched the sides for me. Watching it, i think it lacks a lot of fats. No fats and protein in the breakfast and basically the meals were just fruits and vegetables with some protein in the chickpeas at dinner. even the snacks were just fruit and rice cakes. Think that’s why you wouldn’t be full. Also in niomis what i eat in a days, she constantly says ‘i’m sooo hungry’ probably because it’s just a lot of vegetables and grains that don’t fill you up. But i think her portion sizes are enough, i think western society probably eats larger portions than necessary

Reactions: 10
She seems to spend a lot of time by herself. She makes her own meals and is out walking alone most of the time. I couldn't imagine being at my parents' house and not sharing meals with them.
Maybe she is hiding from Joe and Anna? Running into them would be painful for her, especially if they are already being affectionate in public.
My aunt is a therapist who specializes on ED. She says it's common for people who are struggling with food to not share meals and isolate from others. It's one of the ways they can maintain their disordered eating, because if they shared meals with others on the regular, the others would notices. I feel like Niomi probably does that. Plus, I'm guessing her Mum is busy with Daisy Mae so she can't hang out all day.

Niomi seems to contribute absolutely nothing to the house, though. I'm living with my Mum during the pandemic, I cook on the weekends, I vacuum. Niomi never mentions this. I also pay for the groceries and some services that have increased while I'm here, but I understand if she doesn't speak about that since money is taboo. But in her videos or stories she never says "and now I'm going to help clean" or "I made lunch for everyone yesterday."

Reactions: 21
My aunt is a therapist who specializes on ED. She says it's common for people who are struggling with food to not share meals and isolate from others. It's one of the ways they can maintain their disordered eating, because if they shared meals with others on the regular, the others would notices. I feel like Niomi probably does that. Plus, I'm guessing her Mum is busy with Daisy Mae so she can't hang out all day.

Niomi seems to contribute absolutely nothing to the house, though. I'm living with my Mum during the pandemic, I cook on the weekends, I vacuum. Niomi never mentions this. I also pay for the groceries and some services that have increased while I'm here, but I understand if she doesn't speak about that since money is taboo. But in her videos or stories she never says "and now I'm going to help clean" or "I made lunch for everyone yesterday."
Tbf I expect they have cleaners etc and none of them do anything. Also, they probably don't want to eat a bowl of soggy mushrooms for dinner - her Mum actually seems to be pretty normal with food, I've noticed a couple of times. They went for afternoon tea and her Mum ate it all whereas Niomi's was barely touched. And another time in the car, they went for a drive through coffee and Dimbobs was like 'I got an almond/oat milk whatever' and her Mum said 'haha I got a full fat cappucino :)' and Niomi did a weird disapproving smirk. It seems even weirder that her family don't appear to have said anything about her eating habits though with all this in mind.
Also at Christmas I think it was, didn't she say they'd all been waiting for her to start dinner for ages and then she didn't come so they ate without her. I find that a bit strange and quite rude, if you knew 3 people were waiting for you before eating...what was she doing that was so important? Taking bikini photos? She's an odd one.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Tbf I expect they have cleaners etc and none of them do anything. Also, they probably don't want to eat a bowl of soggy mushrooms for dinner - her Mum actually seems to be pretty normal with food, I've noticed a couple of times. They went for afternoon tea and her Mum ate it all whereas Niomi's was barely touched. And another time in the car, they went for a drive through coffee and Dimbobs was like 'I got an almond/oat milk whatever' and her Mum said 'haha I got a full fat cappucino :)' and Niomi did a weird disapproving smirk. It seems even weirder that her family don't appear to have said anything about her eating habits though with all this in mind.
Also at Christmas I think it was, didn't she say they'd all been waiting for her to start dinner for ages and then she didn't come so they ate without her. I find that a bit strange and quite rude, if you knew 3 people were waiting for you before eating...what was she doing that was so important? Taking bikini photos? She's an odd one.
she is clearly depressed post break up. carelessly tossing her head and thinking she got over the worst of the pain with a few journals and energised crystals but hasn't etc. depressed people I'm sure we are all painfully aware are vert difficult to be around - very draining but, what they need is people around them she has a lovely supportive family etc.

nims not in London town, well whoever said it is right bumping into your ex with their replacement of you is so awkward, and painful. I understand her not wanting to bump into them especially with their hands all over each other. plus she's finally sticking to the non essential travel guidelines!

lastly who else heard sir Clive giving his two cents on the rugby earlier?

😃😄

My aunt is a therapist who specializes on ED. She says it's common for people who are struggling with food to not share meals and isolate from others.
That really resonates. Food with an ED is just stress. Pure stress and anxiety.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It warms my stone-cold little heart that we’re just calling Freddie ‘Fredward’ now 🥰🥰🥰
Freddie the 'good egg' ('...sounds like a f4rt...' re: Pundertaker ref.) also then could be 'Eggward'.
If refering to both, could be 'Jedward'...oh dear no.

I can't believe Joe's fuller face has been the main topic of this thread for pages :ROFLMAO: We need a new Anna/Joe sighting and STAT!
Yes, agree - anyone who knows anything new,🤣 report immediately!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wasn't familiar with Grackle before but she makes some really good points--my favourite being that Niomi can surely only sustain this way of eating because she does duck all :ROFLMAO: All the pilates in the sky in the world won't account for as many calories as being a busy working person with multiple responsibilities. You have to sustain yourself mentally as well as physically.

Niomi says she keeps her figure small by "eating properly and exercising" (I can't remember the exact response she gave on insta). So either she a) assumes this is knowledge not everyone has, or b) thinks she's superior for being able to follow the "rules." Which is thinspo rhetoric.

I wasn't familiar with Grackle before but she makes some really food points--my favourite being that Niomi can surely only sustain this way of eating because she does duck all :ROFLMAO: All the pilates in the sky in the world won't account for as many calories as being a busy working person with multiple responsibilities. You have to sustain yourself mentally as well as physical.

Niomi says she keeps her figure small by "eating properly and exercising" (I can't remember the exact response she gave on insta). So either she a) assumes this is knowledge not everyone has, or b) thinks she's superior for being able to follow the "rules." Which is thinspo rhetoric.
Even someone working a mostly sedentary office job has to eat more calories than she does. You wouldn’t be able to get through the day. She wouldn’t be able to do the smallest commute.

Last edited:
I like Nimbums Mum. She is actually kind, goodlooking and not weird about food. I think that they may have tried to 'help' Niomi, but she's too defensive and or hostile to that type of support. They may have settled for just observing her and remaining nearby in case something awful happens.

When Nimbum stands next to her Mum, her Mum always looks way better. She maybe 'disapproves' of her Mum because of a self-created contest with her own mother, borne out of her own jealousy.

Indeed nimnums is rude because she is a psycopath/narcissist and ignores the needs of others. Lack of empahy is a basic part of having that type of personality disorder. The eating disorder may have manifested out of this quite obvious personality disorder.

• Wow
I like Nimbums Mum. She is actually kind, goodlooking and not weird about food. I think that they may have tried to 'help' Niomi, but she's too defensive and or hostile to that type of support. They may have settled for just observing her and remaining nearby in case something awful happens.

When Nimbum stands next to her Mum, her Mum always looks way better. She maybe 'disapproves' of her Mum because of a self-created contest with her own mother, borne out of her own jealousy.

Indeed nimnums is rude because she is a psycopath/narcissist and ignores the needs of others. Lack of empahy is a basic part of having that type of personality disorder. The eating disorder may have manifested out of this quite obvious personality disorder.
Yeah I think her Mum is nice too. I think she's unfortunately been criticised a lot probably by her horrible Grandma, telling her she looked good running the marathon will forever blow my mind. Imagine growing up with that influence, ick.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Yeah I think her Mum is nice too. I think she's unfortunately been criticised a lot probably by her horrible Grandma, telling her she looked good running the marathon will forever blow my mind. Imagine growing up with that influence, ick.
Yes, Grandma seems strange and affected like Niomi. Mum somehow surviving between these two narcs.

Even someone working an mostly sedentary office job has to eat more calories than she does. You wouldn’t be able to get through the day. She wouldn’t be able to do the smallest commute.
Undereating is a big part of why she can't sleep either. She also can't do her clumsy yoga either, just more clumsy.

• Haha
  • Wow
I would be starving too if i followed that day of eating. I think the lunch and dinner were fine, but the breakfast would not have even touched the sides for me. Watching it, i think it lacks a lot of fats. No fats and protein in the breakfast and basically the meals were just fruits and vegetables with some protein in the chickpeas at dinner. even the snacks were just fruit and rice cakes. Think that’s why you wouldn’t be full. Also in niomis what i eat in a days, she constantly says ‘i’m sooo hungry’ probably because it’s just a lot of vegetables and grains that don’t fill you up. But i think her portion sizes are enough, i think western society probably eats larger portions than necessary
Yes , it looks like a lot of carbs only and too many fruits for a day IMO , which also is carbs . No protein for breakfast at all and loads of banana is equal to eating sugar ! Carbs , protein and fats in a meal is what makes you feel full plus helping body to absorb the nutrients ! Niomi doesn’t seem to know or follow any of these . Being plant based doesn’t make anyone healthy if they are doing it all wrong!
When I first watched Niomi I also thought she was the healthiest and did try a smoothie bowl , not only did it tasted meh it also didn’t fill me up at all!
I just hope that all her young viewers doesn’t follow her food habits , but luckily there are now lots of good vegan and non vegan channels who shares proper meals and also channels which are run by people who knows nutrition, so there are more resources for anyone who wants to follow any kind of diet out there which are reliable unlike Niomi Smart’s! Niomi seemed to have jumped on the vegan wagon when it was flourishing trendy and now doesn’t know how to navigate !

Reactions: 4
Yes , it looks like a lot of carbs only and too many fruits for a day IMO , which also is carbs . No protein for breakfast at all and loads of banana is equal to eating sugar ! Carbs , protein and fats in a meal is what makes you feel full plus helping body to absorb the nutrients ! Niomi doesn’t seem to know or follow any of these . Being plant based doesn’t make anyone healthy if they are doing it all wrong!
When I first watched Niomi I also thought she was the healthiest and did try a smoothie bowl , not only did it tasted meh it also didn’t fill me up at all!
I just hope that all her young viewers doesn’t follow her food habits , but luckily there are now lots of good vegan and non vegan channels who shares proper meals and also channels which are run by people who knows nutrition, so there are more resources for anyone who wants to follow any kind of diet out there which are reliable unlike Niomi Smart’s! Niomi seemed to have jumped on the vegan wagon when it was flourishing trendy and now doesn’t know how to navigate !
exactly! also 4 bananas in one day, let alone one meal is a lot, no wonder she felt hungry it will cause her blood sugar to spike and then crash leading to hunger again

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.