Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thoughts? Is this hard to believe? 🫣 Just cause commercial rent is not cheap & even with her over priced clothes surely there’s not gonna be booming business in little old Feilding especially with a majority of the country struggling to pay their bills vs buying a $200 jacket.
Has anyone purchased anything from Friday Flamingo? Who’s gonna volunteer to go to the shop for a nosey for us lol🕵🏻
Okay I'm not overly proud of this but I'm one of those people who finds it satisfying going full FBI...😂

Found real estate listing for the building she's renting in (given the store address is publicly available) - not sure exactly how recent tbh, doesn't say when sold. But in that, it lists total rental income as 53k per year. It looks like she's occupying half of the building so let's assume she's maybe paying half the total rent, 26.5k. Assuming that rate, 8 months rent would be 17.6k. Sure, maybe with recent times (more businesses closing and vacating commercial rentals) the landlord isn't still charging that much rent - but I dunno that it'd be that much less.

So... Do we believe that, if every customer was spending an average of 200* (looking at their prices)... She had 88 customers in her first few days? 🤔🤔🤔 Sure, Sera. Maybe just keep your bragging a bit more vague next time.

*and even then, that's assuming the total cost of the goods - not the actual profit margin on each - so if anything she'd have to mean gross income rather than actual profit

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Simone15

VIP Member
🤔 I hope you're not suggesting people actually share this on here? that's crossing a line even if Louisa did share it in the first place.
Did I suggest that? or did I just ask if anyone still had it? Untwist your g-string mate. I mean if someone did have it my DMs are open as are my legs for Tommy boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
holly may is fucked for that tiktok. she’s literally said that white passing māori can’t talk like that - as if a lot of white passing māori haven’t had enough shit their whole lives about “not being māori enough”, now they have this dumb gatekeeping narcissist telling them they can’t talk a certain way 😩 fuck me. she’s terrible. she acts like her shit don’t stink and like she’s the only māori woman on earth. no thanks.

Reactions: 31

hereforthefreebies

Unpopular opinion, but fuck can we stop ripping mums & find some influenza males to chat about 🤣 surely there’s gotta be a few…..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

SponCon

The retail price isn’t what people earn in their pocket you realise that ? 🤣 their business has been around for years I hope that when mine has been around that long I am in a nicer property too why not you don’t work hard to not have nicer things in life
You don’t say! Wow I had no idea, thanks for the insight!
Yeah not bagging them for working hard & they seem like lovely people, good on them for achieving what they have.
In my opinion $2,000 for a 250gm jar of honey in a flash little wooden box is fucked & the mark up on that has gotta be horrendous & I can say that if I want 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Influencer5019

Yeh if I was Kelly I’d miss the kids so much over 5 weeks. Seems like she has amazing bonds with them.
I felt sooooo bad for poor baby Lulu reading that post.

Trauma in babies who are separated from their mothers at birth is well documented from the mass adoptions in the 60s, so it stands to reason it is traumatic for a baby to be separated from her birth parent (one in a bullion) even though she is not biologically related to her, she is all she knew.

Then Lulu is raised by a Nanny cus even though Mark and Christian wanted kids sooooo badly, they can't be bothered raising them themselves. Lulu has bonded with Kelly as her mother, of course she's going to burst into tears after not seeing her for weeks. Babies can't communicate deep feelings like that but being separated from a mother figure for the second time in her tiny life, that poor poor baby.

Psychiatrists say the trauma that happens to us before we have language affects us the worst because we don't have words to put to what has happened to us to help process it. Poor Lulu. She's going to need a lot of therapy when she grows up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/new-zealand-influencers-and-public-figures-9.31170/

Please note the following message from Moderator Yel, which clarifies what many were asking previously; this means the likes of Skete and Anna C are not up for discussion (if you have an issue with this, please message the mods in the Forum Business section, not here as it's against the rules)

1656835880795.png

1656836164944.png

Reactions: 27

Goestothehead

VIP Member
What the actual fuck! Christian has posted about Kelly saying they gave her 5 weeks off to go spend time alone with her family seen hasn't seen them in 3.5 years and they go gate crash there holiday time together and him and Mark go on a date day leaving kelly to look after kids, havnt even had them 2 weeks on own sooo sad poor Kelly

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

pippio

FFS Skete is on some weird path now, I really don't get the point of her page anymore. Making her own list of 'trusted influencers'. Influencers are the modern-day Avon Ladies, they profit off of sharing their opinion and advertising products. They are always going to be biased to say the product is good because that is exactly what they're being paid to do.
The only person's opinion you can truly trust is someone who has used their own money to pay for something which is why reading customer reviews are so important.

Reactions: 26

Justpoppingontosay

Thoughts? Is this hard to believe? 🫣 Just cause commercial rent is not cheap & even with her over priced clothes surely there’s not gonna be booming business in little old Feilding especially with a majority of the country struggling to pay their bills vs buying a $200 jacket.
Has anyone purchased anything from Friday Flamingo? Who’s gonna volunteer to go to the shop for a nosey for us lol🕵🏻
I find this sort of thing mega tacky. Can’t you just say you had a great opening weekend without letting people know how many months rent you paid? Business expenses go well past just the rent. Her clothes are made from cheap fabrics and when you’re charging that much for an item of clothing, I want to see some social responsibility behind the manufacture of them. Are the fibres natural? Ethically produced? Are the workers in her factories paid a living wage?I would never pay $140 for a 100% polyester dress.That fabric probably costs her $5 a meter.

Reactions: 26

anonanonz

Chatty Member
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Elle talk about being really hard up growing up…I do think she is frugal with her shopping - not so much the baby stuff but she only ever shops at low end stores for herself.

Her sister I’m pretty sure was making a lot of money as a teenager through her YouTube channel and e-commerce stuff. She has said she was earning a million dollars by the time she was in her 20s.

None of that means Elle didn’t grow up poor obviously.

I’m less irritated by the high end baby stuff and more the intense diet culture she lives by. I think talking about getting back to Keto or being low carb is more harmful to new Mums.

Oh I didn’t know that about the religion thing. Interesting. His Dad must be ex-Mormon if the family is Mormon (I know not everyone in Utah is Mormon lol) because he’s remarried with a Korean wife and I assume you can’t divorce if your Mormon? Didn’t know that about her family
You definitely can be/get divorced and be Mormon/LDS it’s just obviously not ideal but heaps of people are.

On FVM- zm stuff.

Megan didn’t want to leave or chose to. The people above made an executive decision. The show rated better when Hayley covered for her.

F&V didn’t chose it and also found out at the same time as Megan, so it came as a shock to them too. It’s the nature of the business - which I think is absolutely brutal.

There is some chat Megan wasn’t as invested anymore and her friendship with fletch has cooled massive even before hand.

Megan was guttered and after the meeting didn’t return to air. Vaughan also was guttered by it. But the boys can’t do much about it when they need their jobs too.

Shame on zm and Ross boss. Poor Megan as breakfast radio is golden and she worked there for 8years
Listen. My grammar is shit. But when people say guttered instead of gutted I want to scream. I’m sorry I just had to say it lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets icky vibes from this...
In my opinion the chap at the front looks rather too young to be ogling over... Both of them really. And the simple fact that he has said 'boys'.
I dunno, maybe I'm just seeing this wrong but definitely gives me a creepy icky feel!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Re breastfeeding in scrubs - I don't change my clothes before I breastfeed my babies, I don't have a shower and change clothes every time I wanted to breastfeed when in hospital. Not quite sure why that was such a zomg moment, its not like she would be coming home in dirty scrubs and common sense would indicate if ones clothes were dirty or had been involved in other peoples body fluids you would change them regardless.

Re LFYD - I would prob do the same, those kids have had Kelly in their lives nearly every single moment since birth. She's like their mum, so suddenly being ripped away from that would be incredibly traumatic for them (and for Kelly) and I don't agree that they have only been raised by her, even from the short snippets we get to see I would not have gotten the impression that the M & C aren't raising the kids. They are lucky they have a village!
What's with the working parent hate? Thousands of people desperately want their children but still work once they are here, whether that's through choice or through necessity. Id love to have a Nanny but its outside my budget, and my older child's needs have meant that having an Au Pair is not a possibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 24