New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby bandit loves to throw food/shove his hand in his water cup/regurgitate food that he doesn't enjoy so mealtimes can be pretty chaotic and he sometimes sounds like a cat coughing up a hairball before sending the offending item out his mouth on a river of drool šŸ„“ I feel quite frustrated when he throws food without making any attempt to move it anywhere near his mouth but luckily I seem strangely immune to how grim it is when bits of food reappear - ditto for all other bodily functions/fluids which is very lucky considering how often things seep out of various orifices and end up all over me šŸ˜…

He's been blowing a lot of impressively large snot bubbles recently due to his cold, and today while I was carrying him he managed to do a sudden outward sniff during a snot bubble which lead to his snot whipping towards my cheek like a lizard's tongue flying out to catch an insect, and after a second or two of being stuck to me he moved, and sort of half sucked it back up his nostril and half left it dangling from his nose. So that was nice šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is 10 month sleep regression a thing?! Because if it is we are in it!
Little lady has decided she dislikes sleep. She's waking up 2 hourly overnight, and it's just for a cuddle she doesn't actually want anything.

Please tell me this passes quickly! šŸ™

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Did anyone buy a scuttle bug balance bike for their little one? Iā€™m thinking of getting one for my little ones first birthday. Canā€™t decided between the scuttlebug or the xl version. From the reviews everyone saying the scuttlebug is small and they grow out of it really fast but the xl is suitable form 2 years plus so worries itā€™ll be too big even through handlebars are adjustable.

Did anyone buy a scuttle bug balance bike for their little one? Iā€™m thinking of getting one for my little ones first birthday. Canā€™t decided between the scuttlebug or the xl version. From the reviews everyone saying the scuttlebug is small and they grow out of it really fast but the xl is suitable form 2 years plus so worries itā€™ll be too big even through handlebars are adjustable.
We already had one from an older child and my one year old enjoys it, I donā€™t think heā€™d be able to use one any bigger though.
Tbf my 4 year old still plays on it albeit itā€™s small for him now and so Iā€™m not sure how quick they would really grow out of it x

Reactions: 1
Baby Wood has fought sleep all day šŸ˜¬ heā€™s going to crumble just as the F1 qualifying starts, i can tell

• Heart
We already had one from an older child and my one year old enjoys it, I donā€™t think heā€™d be able to use one any bigger though.
Tbf my 4 year old still plays on it albeit itā€™s small for him now and so Iā€™m not sure how quick they would really grow out of it x
Thank you for this I think Iā€™m going to just buy the original one not the bigger one x

The small ā€œoriginalā€ one is great, my daughter loved hers and canā€™t wait to get my little boy one when heā€™s older. You can sometimes pick them up second hand if youā€™re worried they will grow out of it quick šŸ˜Š
---

---
Highchair chatā€¦
We are approaching 5 months old (canā€™t believe this!) and I love the ikea high chair! I had it for my daughter and it was super easy to clean etc, so will definitely get one for our table.
Howeverā€¦we eat at our breakfast bar quite a lot and I think the ikea high chair will be too low.
I donā€™t like the idea of the seats that attach on to the breakfast bar itself. Soā€¦any recommendations for a high highchair?!
Thanks for reading. Congrats if you made it to the end of this post šŸ™ˆ

Does anyone elseā€™s LO get a bad tummy after calpol? Sheā€™s been having both paracetamol and ibuprofen once a day all week for her teething and she now has awful poops. Not sure if her tummy is hurting too because sheā€™s squirming like it is and is generally unhappy (could be teeth too). I just donā€™t know what to do for the best- Iā€™m giving it a miss tonight but feel bad as it might help her teeth, sheā€™s just in so much discomfort all round.

ETA sheā€™s just done the most liquid sounding poop šŸ„“ it sends her stomach haywire :(

• Heart
Does anyone elseā€™s LO get a bad tummy after calpol? Sheā€™s been having both paracetamol and ibuprofen once a day all week for her teething and she now has awful poops. Not sure if her tummy is hurting too because sheā€™s squirming like it is and is generally unhappy (could be teeth too). I just donā€™t know what to do for the best- Iā€™m giving it a miss tonight but feel bad as it might help her teeth, sheā€™s just in so much discomfort all round.

ETA sheā€™s just done the most liquid sounding poop šŸ„“ it sends her stomach haywire :(
I think ibuprofen can disagree with them
Poor wee scone, hope her tummy feels better soon šŸ’•

• Heart
Many baby paracetamol and ibuprofen are sugar free so maybe she's having a reaction to the sweetener? I know some artificial sweeteners can have a laxative effect in sufficient amounts.
---
Many baby paracetamol and ibuprofen are sugar free so maybe she's having a reaction to the sweetener? I know some artificial sweeteners can have a laxative effect in sufficient amounts.
Not saying that you're pouring bottles of it into her or anything! But might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

Yes definitely. Even now when my daughter (age 7) has a few doses of calpol it can cause loose stools, and it always did when she was younger too.

• Heart
---

Not saying that you're pouring bottles of it into her or anything! But might be worth looking into.
Haha donā€™t worry I didnā€™t think you were saying that!!! Sheā€™s never really had much ibuprofen before and if she had calpol say 3x a day for a few days she would def have loose stools which is why I purposefully kept it to just before bed but maybe itā€™s the combo of both of them and the sweetenerā€¦ I might look at another brand or try non sugar free. I feel so bad for her, sheā€™s pooped like 5 times today and theyā€™ve all been loose. Sheā€™s hardly eaten too because of her teeth :(

• Heart
Haha donā€™t worry I didnā€™t think you were saying that!!! Sheā€™s never really had much ibuprofen before and if she had calpol say 3x a day for a few days she would def have loose stools which is why I purposefully kept it to just before bed but maybe itā€™s the combo of both of them and the sweetenerā€¦ I might look at another brand or try non sugar free. I feel so bad for her, sheā€™s pooped like 5 times today and theyā€™ve all been loose. Sheā€™s hardly eaten too because of her teeth :(
The teething itself can cause loose poos. Baby biscuit generally goes the other way, but she always goes much easier when she's got a tooth coming.

Soooo wish mam did a 2.5 teatā€¦ 2 is too slow but 3 is stinking fast for her atm arrrrghhh

Soooo wish mam did a 2.5 teatā€¦ 2 is too slow but 3 is stinking fast for her atm arrrrghhh
I was just thinking the other day they should do a 1.5! 1 takes ages to finish a bottle and 2 feels like Iā€™m water boarding him šŸ˜…

iv ended up sticking with 2. 3 seems so fast and heā€™s chocking and spluttering. 2 is abit slow and he still tends to fall asleep having a bottle with them!

On my 6th day of being unwell šŸ„² itā€™s been very up and down, I really hope Iā€™m over it soon Iā€™m so fed up and just want to so desperately get out for a walk but I get so out of breath quickly šŸ˜­

Hubby is mostly better, he had the whole
week off on a mix of sick leave and annual leave, Iā€™m very lucky to have had the help, Iā€™m not sure what I wouldā€™ve done without him

Yesterday he said heā€™s bored and wants to go back to work šŸ˜‚ and I think he finally might have some appreciation for how bloody hard this parenting thing can be at times! And heā€™s not been very happy about being awake at 7 or 7.30 each day šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Urghhh! 2 hourly wake ups are going to be the death of me! Going to work seems easier!
Hubby is being a useless duck about it too šŸ˜” all the "I'll get up" and "I'll do breakfast" and yet he's in bed and I'm the one awake with the baby after seeing most of the night in awake.
Oh and today we are visiting the bleeping in-laws because they apparently can't get in their car & drive 30 mins to us but guilt tripped my hubby into us going to them, because "it's been a month since we saw her". I am fuming because I'd planned something and now it's had to be cancelled because of them, especially when it's so easy for them to get to us, but his dad just hates driving in our area

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Teething itself can give bad poos I think because they swallow more drool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.