New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else’s LO get a bad tummy after calpol? She’s been having both paracetamol and ibuprofen once a day all week for her teething and she now has awful poops. Not sure if her tummy is hurting too because she’s squirming like it is and is generally unhappy (could be teeth too). I just don’t know what to do for the best- I’m giving it a miss tonight but feel bad as it might help her teeth, she’s just in so much discomfort all round.

ETA she’s just done the most liquid sounding poop 🥴 it sends her stomach haywire :(
Teething sends my littles ones tummy mad. I think it's down to everything she can have to help it being sugar free (calpol, nurofen, ambasol, etc).
May sound silly but have you tried cold teether toys, like the keys in the fridge? Or I had one of them dummy's that you put food in, and I put a frozen strawberry inside. She could chew away, enjoyed the taste and it helped her poor gums.

Ooo we had a long night of barf, poo and wiggles. He’s cute this morning, though, and we’ve turned the Barbie song into “come on barfie, let’s go party” which he thinks is hilarious 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At the grand old age of 16 weeks, Baby G has finally started tolerating his carrier enough for me to attempt an outdoor trip this afternoon in it. We are just going to watch his big brother play football for half an hour but I've no idea how to dress him! Online suggests he shouldn't be in a coat but, at risk of sounding like my mother, I'm worried about him getting cold! What would you experienced baby carriers suggest for 5 degrees weather? It's one of the carriers where his legs and arms are out if that makes a difference.

Reactions: 1
At the grand old age of 16 weeks, Baby G has finally started tolerating his carrier enough for me to attempt an outdoor trip this afternoon in it. We are just going to watch his big brother play football for half an hour but I've no idea how to dress him! Online suggests he shouldn't be in a coat but, at risk of sounding like my mother, I'm worried about him getting cold! What would you experienced baby carriers suggest for 5 degrees weather? It's one of the carriers where his legs and arms are out if that makes a difference.
I think they say you and the carrier count as two layers, so I'd suggest maybe a normal outfit with a decent jumper and a hat? You can always pull your coat around him if he's getting cold, and you can check his neck to make sure he's not overheating 🙂
---
Baby bandit slept great from 8.15pm - midnight and then it was repeated wake ups and lots of clingyness all night, it's the worst night we've had in months 🥴 the longest stretch he did after midnight was 2 hours and that was after some Calpol - the rest of the night he was sleeping in 20 minutes chunks or occasionally going 45 minutes, me and my husband took it in turns and are both like zombies today!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This page and video are quite useful, I’ve been trying to find one of the bundlebean covers on Vinted.

Reactions: 2
Sorry if Iv asked this before… baby wotsit is now 11 months. How many bottles is/did your baby have when just 11 months.
Baby wotsit has one in morning then breakfast after an hour. Then milk with nap then lunch after nap. Then another bottle with nap 2 then dinner then bottle at bed. But solids are so hit and miss still.

Sorry if Iv asked this before… baby wotsit is now 11 months. How many bottles is/did your baby have when just 11 months.
Baby wotsit has one in morning then breakfast after an hour. Then milk with nap then lunch after nap. Then another bottle with nap 2 then dinner then bottle at bed. But solids are so hit and miss still.
Baby L was having four 7 or 8oz bottles a day until he started nursery at 12mo. Before breakfast, after his naps, then before bed.

Baby L was having four 7 or 8oz bottles a day until he started nursery at 12mo. Before breakfast, after his naps, then before bed.
fab this sounds similar, we just do milk before/at nap time….similar amounts though. Did you do snacks at this age?

My almost 11 month old has been on 3 bottles a day since around 9 months, the HV suggested this. He has 3 meals a day, and since reducing bottles he does eat more at lunch time. You might find he will have more hunger for meals if you reduce to 3 bottles a day?
My little one has breakfast, bottle then morning nap. Lunch, mid afternoon bottle then nap. Dinner then final bottle before bedtime.

My almost 11 month old has been on 3 bottles a day since around 9 months, the HV suggested this. He has 3 meals a day, and since reducing bottles he does eat more at lunch time. You might find he will have more hunger for meals if you reduce to 3 bottles a day?
My little one has breakfast, bottle then morning nap. Lunch, mid afternoon bottle then nap. Dinner then final bottle before bedtime.

I will give it a go reducing down. Think I’m so paranoid if he doesn’t have enough in the day he will be up all night for it. But gotta get him eating abit more solids really.

We were similar at 11 months but I cut the morning one so he’d eat breakfast. Even at 13 months we have one for morning nap, one for afternoon nap, one for bedtime. (And often one at 11 🙈) x

I will give it a go reducing down. Think I’m so paranoid if he doesn’t have enough in the day he will be up all night for it. But gotta get him eating abit more solids really.
Yeah it’s trial and error! Once we started introducing lunch I’ve found he sleeps better, but we occasionally have a night wake and he will need a bottle which I still give him, so sometimes he’s having 4. You could always reduce to 3 bottles but give an oz extra to see how he went!

fab this sounds similar, we just do milk before/at nap time….similar amounts though. Did you do snacks at this age?
No we didn't start snacks until he'd been at nursery a couple of weeks and we dropped the bottles at home as well. Now we do snack before his nap

@loveanatter think the morning might be the one that gets dropped here. He only ever really does 100ml tops.
I’ll give it a go next few days see what happens

We’re going away this weekend and trying to lighten the luggage load.. babies are 11 weeks, would we get away with not using the sterilizer for a couple days? Just wash bottles in boiled water and a splash of Milton?

We’re going away this weekend and trying to lighten the luggage load.. babies are 11 weeks, would we get away with not using the sterilizer for a couple days? Just wash bottles in boiled water and a splash of Milton?
Could you use a sink or a collapsible bucket with the Milton?

You can get cold water steriliser tablets. My sister used to use these in a full sink overnight when she was away

Get the tablets!
I was away last weekend staying in a hotel and I can tell you that you don’t need that many muslins or clothes as you think…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.