New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was the same here until 11am she finally crashed. Today's routine is screwed since we have the dentist & she will end up having a late lunch 😫
Someone pass me the cake!
He crashed eventually around 12. Was hoping he’d last until 2 and that would work out, just a slightly earlier bedtime but alas he did not!
---
Just want to say in exactly the same predicament as you. Very confused. About to introduce an open flow cup (supervised). She drinks out of a munchkin 360 and Tommee tippee fine but confused about the bottle as well. It gives her comfort, was thinking of giving her bedtime milk in a bottle for however long she needs it but unsure about milk during the day as she’s still on 3-4 bottles of milk a day at 11 months.
I feed to sleep and no intention of stopping- it works (less and less 🥴 but we have an ok routine of milk then dummy) before sleep. From next week I’m going to start giving her some cow’s milk for maybe her afternoon milk but not sure in what type of bottle/cup. Not heard from the HV- thought we were meant to have a 9 month check and this is something I could really use some bloody advice on.
We also feed to sleep. It’s the only way he will go back down through the night so f knows regarding the cup situation 🫠

Reactions: 2
For those with older ones- do you ever put them down to sleep on their stomachs? She always gets herself into that position and she has this weird reflex where rolling = jump up to stand and wide awake. Tempted to put her down on her front as she has no issues falling asleep it’s always bloody rolling that wakes her up. She’s 11 months old and I think the advice is to put them down on their fronts from 1.
Sometimes she won’t be soothed to sleep so I let her have a paddy and she falls asleep on her tummy once she’s thrown herself about a bit.

Reactions: 1
Sometimes she won’t be soothed to sleep so I let her have a paddy and she falls asleep on her tummy once she’s thrown herself about a bit.
MM did exactly the same at the weekend. We were at my parents’ and I’ve got a big bed there/she wasn’t herself so I let her just roam around. She was a bit like a toy slowly running out of batteries, I popped the sunny in and she dramatically fell forwards and went straight to sleep, then stayed like that all night. Might see if I can pop her down on her front tonight.
She actually once slumped against me like a drunk propping themselves up against a wall, head back and everything.
---
These broken nights are killing me. My little one is 10.5 months and since 5 weeks old we have nearly always had full nights sleep.
Last night even coming into my bed didn't help. She ended up playing with her toys for a bit because she was so awake.

I don't drink coffee, but today I really wish I did!
Really sucks doesn’t it? MM was the same, she’s improving slightly as we had a wake up at 11 and 5ish and milk got her to sleep, also finding bringing her in with me doesn’t help like it used to. It’s weird, she’s got two modes of wake up- one where if I pick her up and milk/dummy etc can get her back relatively (ish) easily, or she wakes up and she’s so lively/ upset/ raring to go then nothing Inc putting her in with me helps. She may go back to sleep quicker in the middle of the night if she’s with me but it doesn’t seem to stop her actually waking.

What’s everyone’s favourite / go-to easy dinner ideas?! I feel like I always give him the same things.. our fave is tuna and broccoli pasta 🥰

Wood is going through a horrible phase of not wanting to nap but is so angry about being tired. I end up waiting for him to stop shouting in my ear and he’ll eventually fall asleep on me. Tell me it gets better.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hands up if you've screwed your evening up because you had a nap with little one & their usual 1.5-2hr afternoon nap ended up as a 3 hour cuddly nap 🤦‍♀️🙋‍♀️

Good news is I feel so much better because the 4am wake up was making me feel unwell come 2pm. And little lady is in an amazing mood.
Hopefully pushing back bedtime by an hour will do the trick 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got me a case of mastitis 🙃

Feel like death.

Send chocolate.
Ahh no 😩 have you got anti biotics? I’ve had a clogged duct before and the pain was unreal so can only imagine what mastitis is like. Fingers crossed it clears up ASAP x
Wood is going through a horrible phase of not wanting to nap but is so angry about being tired. I end up waiting for him to stop shouting in my ear and he’ll eventually fall asleep on me. Tell me it gets better.
Hopefully this isn’t the start of his sleep regression 🫣 have you tried starting nap time 15 mins before you usually would? Just in case he’s overtired?
---
Hands up if you've screwed your evening up because you had a nap with little one & their usual 1.5-2hr afternoon nap ended up as a 3 hour cuddly nap 🤦‍♀️🙋‍♀️

Good news is I feel so much better because the 4am wake up was making me feel unwell come 2pm. And little lady is in an amazing mood.
Hopefully pushing back bedtime by an hour will do the trick 🤞
Baby burrito had a nap 2:30-5:30 and has just fell asleep on me again 😬😬😬

Baby burrito had a nap 2:30-5:30 and has just fell asleep on me again 😬😬😬
She's getting grumpy so I'm hoping being awake from 4am may work in my favour today & she might just have her usual bedtime 🙏
Fingers crossed baby burrito has a good night

• Heart
Ahh no 😩 have you got anti biotics? I’ve had a clogged duct before and the pain was unreal so can only imagine what mastitis is like. Fingers crossed it clears up ASAP x
Yes, finally got a call back from the Drs at 5pm. "If you want to be seen I can make you an appointment, but it'll have to be tomorrow." Nah, just give me the antibiotics, let them get started, I'll ring you back if they don't work.

To be honest, the pain isn't too bad as long as nobody knocks it, I just feel like I've been dug up ☠

I wouldn't mind, but we're actually nearly done with the breastfeeding. I've been slowly weaning her down since Christmas. She only feeds at bedtime now, and only from the left boob. With my first I stopped a lot more abruptly than this and didn't have any issues 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hopefully this isn’t the start of his sleep regression 🫣 have you tried starting nap time 15 mins before you usually would? Just in case he’s overtired?
It can’t be regression as he’s only woken up four times at 5am. The rest of the three months he’s been here, he’s always woken up in the middle of the night whenever he wants

@WotsitG1 think you mentioned screaming in the high chair… mine seems to scream the moment I put her in lately. She plants her feet down and screams blue murder. No idea why, just started doing it. She looked so sad I took her out because my god was she unhappy.

• Heart
Baby Skates is 9 months and I put him down on his side.

So we’re all back to waking in the night then? We’ve woken for a 2am bottle the last three nights. Friday he hadn’t had much milk, Saturday he went to bed earlier so missed his last bottle so I was expecting it both nights, but last night he had a 9:30 bottle, and still woke up for another at 2am🫠
Never stopped here. He’s slept through the night about twice in his 11 months.

@themuffinwoman yep… baby wotsit loves a high chair tantrum!! He gets all worked up, I try and distract and he eventually ends up eating his food. He used to be so good in high chair that taking him to cafe was a pleasure…. Now Not so much!! Got to be a phase right

Yes, finally got a call back from the Drs at 5pm. "If you want to be seen I can make you an appointment, but it'll have to be tomorrow." Nah, just give me the antibiotics, let them get started, I'll ring you back if they don't work.

To be honest, the pain isn't too bad as long as nobody knocks it, I just feel like I've been dug up ☠

I wouldn't mind, but we're actually nearly done with the breastfeeding. I've been slowly weaning her down since Christmas. She only feeds at bedtime now, and only from the left boob. With my first I stopped a lot more abruptly than this and didn't have any issues 🙄
I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you! It is not a nice feeling at all and it can come on very suddenly.

2nd night in a row baby frog is up every 2.5 hours and not settling. i blame myself for letting him sleep during the day but how do i keep an 8 week old awake if he’s tired,, fml

2nd night in a row baby frog is up every 2.5 hours and not settling. i blame myself for letting him sleep during the day but how do i keep an 8 week old awake if he’s tired,, fml
I read that the better sleep young babies have in the day the better they sleep at night!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.