New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the questionnaire they use available online anywhere? I’d be interested to see what it is they want to check up on (especially as I very much doubt I’ll make an appointment to actually have the appointment with my HV who similarly hasn’t been in touch since May when Baby Author was 6 weeks old, even when the GP tried to contact her on my behalf when my MH took a bad dip in the summer)
Im not sure tbh, I couldn’t find it when I tried to look. It’s honestly a load of shite. Tommy can’t do most of it but I’m not worrying myself because it’s way past his age and he can do plenty of other stuff. I think it’s all a load of tit tbh, just to pressure parents.

Reactions: 5
Had the questionnaire through for the 12 month review, way early so he can do nearly duck all. But it says it will be over the phone because of Covid - what’s the bleeping point? We’ve seen her anyway when Covid was worse. Jesus these HVs aren’t worth tit. Haven’t even heard from her since May. Not going to bother making the appointment, she can go and swivel useless bint. Dread to think of the babies at actual risk because the HVs don’t even bother seeing them in person anymore. I could tell her anything and how would she even know ffs.
I agree with this so much. Last saw / heard from a health visitor when baby was six weeks old - she’ll be one next week. I did try and make an appointment for a weighing clinic once because I wanted to check she was putting on weight. The person over the phone said “oh, are there concerns about her weight gain?” And I said not currently but I’d like to make sure she’s gaining, and the person on the phone said sorry, weigh clinic is only for babies with weight gaining problems. I tried to point out I won’t know if she has a problem if she never gets weighed but they just weren’t getting it 😂 on the bright side, no questionnaire has arrived. But it does amaze me that as a parent you’re entrusted with this huge responsibility of a baby and raising them and literally no one ever checks you’re not just locking them in a cupboard or something

Reactions: 7
Is the questionnaire they use available online anywhere? I’d be interested to see what it is they want to check up on (especially as I very much doubt I’ll make an appointment to actually have the appointment with my HV who similarly hasn’t been in touch since May when Baby Author was 6 weeks old, even when the GP tried to contact her on my behalf when my MH took a bad dip in the summer)
If you Google Ages and Stages questionnaire 12 months. Or ASQ-3 questionnaire
You'll be able to find some. It does differ per trust though.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
We just booked a caravan for May. Very excited 😂

I haven't been abroad since my honeymoon in 2011 😂 Saying honeymoon sounds weird when I'm no longer married nor have I ever mentioned here haha 😂
I thought I saw you mention this on another thread. I was so confused 😂

We took our baby island hopping around Greece when he was 10 months old and it was really good! We learnt quickly that we needed to spend a bit extra on really nice big balconies (some with hot tubs!) so we could get takeaways and have a few drinks out there with the baby monitor on if he needed an early night rather than dragging him out to restaurants grumpy and this made it feel much more like a ‘normal’ holiday for us too. We went in early October so prices were good and it was really warm but not unbearably hot x
Why can I imagine you literally bunny hopping from place to place, like when ‘This Morning’ used to do the weather on the map*

*I hope this makes sense. I’m too tired to explain or google 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is the one I did with my eldest, might have changed since then
I don’t live in Portsmouth so I assume it’s fairly national

Reactions: 2
I agree with this so much. Last saw / heard from a health visitor when baby was six weeks old - she’ll be one next week. I did try and make an appointment for a weighing clinic once because I wanted to check she was putting on weight. The person over the phone said “oh, are there concerns about her weight gain?” And I said not currently but I’d like to make sure she’s gaining, and the person on the phone said sorry, weigh clinic is only for babies with weight gaining problems. I tried to point out I won’t know if she has a problem if she never gets weighed but they just weren’t getting it 😂 on the bright side, no questionnaire has arrived. But it does amaze me that as a parent you’re entrusted with this huge responsibility of a baby and raising them and literally no one ever checks you’re not just locking them in a cupboard or something
Same here. Baby hasn’t been seen since probably around the same time. I did once ring, left a VM and they never got back to me. I haven’t made an appointment for the 12 mth thingy, even though I’ve had the forms. They can contact me

Reactions: 1

Why can I imagine you literally bunny hopping from place to place, like when ‘This Morning’ used to do the weather on the map*

Yess 😂 I was married for a year. Was great 🙃😂
My Dad passed away 3 weeks before my wedding too. So that didn't help 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Im not sure tbh, I couldn’t find it when I tried to look. It’s honestly a load of shite. Tommy can’t do most of it but I’m not worrying myself because it’s way past his age and he can do plenty of other stuff. I think it’s all a load of tit tbh, just to pressure parents.
Really glad you’re not letting it worry you. Especially when from what I remember that you’ve posted about what Tommy is doing, (and knowing his corrected age - hi due date twin!) he seems like a rockstar doing the same things that Baby Author is doing at the same time (if not before in some cases), and baby Author didn’t have Tommy’s difficult start.

Didn’t one of the presenters fall in once? I don’t know why but as a kid I think I was obsessed with that map and really liked the idea of getting to go and jump from Ireland to Wales!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Our dietician absolutely slaughtered the HV so I doubt she’ll be hounding me for an appt if I don’t bother anyway 😂:oops:😂

• Haha
Really glad you’re not letting it worry you. Especially when from what I remember that you’ve posted about what Tommy is doing, (and knowing his corrected age - hi due date twin!) he seems like a rockstar doing the same things that Baby Author is doing at the same time (if not before in some cases), and baby Author didn’t have Tommy’s difficult start.

Didn’t one of the presenters fall in once? I don’t know why but as a kid I think I was obsessed with that map and really liked the idea of getting to go and jump from Ireland to Wales!
I believe Alison Hammond pushed someone in once, accidentally I assume.
Isn’t the guy who originally did it a pweirdo?! <— not the word I used but here we are 🙈

Our dietician absolutely slaughtered the HV so I doubt she’ll be hounding me for an appt if I don’t bother anyway 😂:oops:😂
I did it with my first and then never bothered every again 😂
She came in, read the questionnaire. Said "is that bookcase secured to the wall?"
I said yes.
She said okay and left.
Didn't even sit down 😂

• Haha
In the minority but I adore my health visitor 🤣she’s an ex midwife, bit of a chav with her gold hoops and goes to benidorm with her husband every year🤣🤣🤣I enjoy her coming round 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In the minority but I adore my health visitor 🤣she’s an ex midwife, bit of a chav with her gold hoops and goes to benidorm with her husband every year🤣🤣🤣I enjoy her coming round 🤣
I've never seen the same one.
Always someone different

I've never seen the same one.
Always someone different
ah really? Mines been the same one since a newborn every 2-4 weeks. Maybe it’s cause he haa health issues but I always found mine helpful. She called the questionaire a load of baloney and americanised nonsense 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I just wanna chat with whoever invented the bread in a bottle question - like hun, u ok? Pray tell how did you invent that one? Ur babes doing good boo?

Seriously if I tried that with Tommy the bread would be eaten and an attempt made on the bottle before I could say boo

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I believe Alison Hammond pushed someone in once, accidentally I assume.
Isn’t the guy who originally did it a pweirdo?! <— not the word I used but here we are 🙈
I was devastated about Fred! I loved him as a kid. I used to live not far from Albert Docks as a kid so my dad and uncle used to take me to see the map when we’d go into Liverpool, literally just a plain green floating UK not exciting at all 😂

• Haha
I just wanna chat with whoever invented the bread in a bottle question - like hun, u ok? Pray tell how did you invent that one? Ur babes doing good boo?

Seriously if I tried that with Tommy the bread would be eaten and an attempt made on the bottle before I could say boo
Bet it was a KW 😂.

I adore this clip of Alison Hammond. It’s my go to to make me laugh. Im now lying in bed laughing to myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Definitely shouldn’t catch up on this thread when bub is feeding, all the pregnancy/shagging talk is dangerous! I said I wanted another quite soon so they’re close in age, himself was like yeah let’s wait 6 month I’ll buy some condoms - all that did was turn it into a bleeping game for me to see how long it would take for him to duck the condoms off so I could get what I wanted. Twice. That’s it. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.