New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve mentioned my SIL before she is a looney 😂😂

he defo sounded like twin 2 and was definitely behind if you had have asked me 2 months ago but if he isn’t expected to be walking then I assume he has caught up. I have been worrying about it because she is relentless. In fairness he is also a ridiculously good sleeper and very chilled so isn’t exactly getting a lot of practice🤣
Physio definitely would've spotted it.
Tell her to mind her own unless she knows what she's on about she doesn't need to be throwing diagnosis' about.
Boys can be notoriously lazy, my 10yo didn't sit unaided till he was 9months.
Hell get there just keep encouraging him

Think we're going to book our first abroad family holiday tonight! (assuming this baby ever lets me put him down).
Really excited but quite nervous for all the logistics, any top tips from seasoned parents?
My main advice is cut yourself some slack and do whatever you can to make it as easy as possible. Normal rules are out the window on plane day. Unlimited screen time (I downloaded ms Rachel for our most recent flights), whatever snacks keep baby occupied and forget about a healthy diet (I gave Baby Runner about ten biscuits to keep her occupied, the 3yo mostly just ate lollipops). If baby is more toddler age, novelty is key and I go to Poundland beforehand and buy ten new pieces of plastic tat, and hope I might get 5/10 mins of play out of each 😂

Reactions: 3
Good timing on the holiday chat, we've just come into some money ( 😭 ) and we will be booking a summer hol as soon as Mr SI confirms he can have the leave. We thought it wouldn't be on the cards for us this year as we have my brother's wedding abroad next year and it's soooo pricey, more than twice what we would pay for a time and destination not of our choosing :rolleyes: so chuffed we're now getting the chance to go abroad for the first time as a trio rather than with a plane full of my brother's in laws. (There's a lot of them and they are a lot in general :))

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cannot deal with putting her to bed any more. It doesn’t matter if she has a 3,4,5,6hr wake window she just fights it. There is no good bed time. You can’t hold her she just fights to get out your arms, you can’t sit down, you can’t put her in her cot. I literally don’t know what to do. Once she’s asleep she’s fine (bar the odd few nights) now she’s losing her tit and she’s probably beyond tired but she just won’t go to sleep she’s screaming.
she’s had nurofen for her teeth. I don’t know what to do

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Where are everyone’s go to places with kids for a holiday abroad? We are itching to go somewhere this European summer, front contender is Italian lakes.. am hoping that would be suitable for a then 9 month old and 3 year old

I cannot deal with putting her to bed any more. It doesn’t matter if she has a 3,4,5,6hr wake window she just fights it. There is no good bed time. You can’t hold her she just fights to get out your arms, you can’t sit down, you can’t put her in her cot. I literally don’t know what to do. Once she’s asleep she’s fine (bar the odd few nights) now she’s losing her tit and she’s probably beyond tired but she just won’t go to sleep she’s screaming.
❤ I have no advice as I know you’ve tried everything, Im so sorry it’s such a miserable time for you x

Where are everyone’s go to places with kids for a holiday abroad? We are itching to go somewhere this European summer, front contender is Italian lakes.. am hoping that would be suitable for a then 9 month old and 3 year old
My favourite with kids has been Switzerland, I absolutely loved it. My husband said his fave with kids has been Italy - we were near Venice. Both countries were very child friendly I felt, everyone always chatting to the kids and making a bit of a fuss of them when we were eating out etc

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you to everyone who replied already!
To answer this, we've booked for Umbria, it is an agritutrismo designed for kids/families and it looks amazing, I'm very excited! Plus it seems super easy, they have all the baby gear (cot, monitor, potty, toilet seat, baths etc) plus they provide beach/pool towels as well as bath ones so we don't have to take those, there is a swimming pool with a heated toddler pool, a woodland with full adventure playground, a little tikes car run with like loads of vehicles, games and toys in all the apartments plus they can provide food and shopping like nappies etc for you. We wanted to make life easy for ourselves!

I don't really know what makes me nervous, it's probably just because I haven't done it before.
Baby should still be breastfeeding so I'll feed him for the plane and give the toddler some sucky sweets, we don't have a tablet but we'll download some TV onto phones and it's a less than 3 hour flight so that's not too bad.

Because of kids and Covid this will be my first foreign holiday in about 4.5 years!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To answer this, we've booked for Umbria, it is an agritutrismo designed for kids/families and it looks amazing, I'm very excited! Plus it seems super easy, they have all the baby gear (cot, monitor, potty, toilet seat, baths etc) plus they provide beach/pool towels as well as bath ones so we don't have to take those, there is a swimming pool with a heated toddler pool, a woodland with full adventure playground, a little tikes car run with like loads of vehicles, games and toys in all the apartments plus they can provide food and shopping like nappies etc for you. We wanted to make life easy for ourselves!

I don't really know what makes me nervous, it's probably just because I haven't done it before.
Baby should still be breastfeeding so I'll feed him for the plane and give the toddler some sucky sweets, we don't have a tablet but we'll download some TV onto phones and it's a less than 3 hour flight so that's not too bad.

Because of kids and Covid this will be my first foreign holiday in about 4.5 years!
Uhm, can I come?! That sounds absolutely incredible!

Don't worry about the flight, we have honestly never had a bad flight with our kids, and we’ve done various lengths, various times of day. It will be absolutely fine 😊
Oh wait, I should say take extra clothes for you in your hand luggage. Only bad experience on a plane was when now 7Me vomited on my lap about 5 minutes in. So I stank of sick for the whole flight, and was damp 🤢

Reactions: 4
Stand at the door or put her in the bath. It may stop her screaming for now x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My 3yo has been lucky enough to travel to a lot of countries (because of my husbands job, I’m not a secret kardashian) and tbh out of all the places we’ve been…. Her favourite is Butlins in Skegness and she asks to go back there on a weekly basis 🙃

This sounds amazing, what’s the place called?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And hour and a half later she’s asleep! To be honest I think she just wore herself out. bleeping hell the stress man 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My 3yo has been lucky enough to travel to a lot of countries (because of my husbands job, I’m not a secret kardashian) and tbh out of all the places we’ve been…. Her favourite is Butlins in Skegness and she asks to go back there on a weekly basis 🙃

This sounds amazing, what’s the place called?!
We go to the caravan every year, and they love it! We are trying a new one this year, so hope they have a good time. Will be pissed if they enjoy it more than going abroad 😂

Reactions: 3
We go to the caravan every year, and they love it! We are trying a new one this year, so hope they have a good time. Will be pissed if they enjoy it more than going abroad 😂
Yes, she loved a £9.50 caravan weekend from collecting codes in The Sun too! (I think this starts again tomorrow for anyone interested, although I don’t buy the papers because I refuse to give them my money, if you google it someone always posts the codes online somewhere).

Kids are happy anywhere really. No need for fancy expensive holidays, they just like spending time with you

Ummm this looks stunning! I’m going to add it to our list of options

Uhm, can I come?! That sounds absolutely incredible!

Don't worry about the flight, we have honestly never had a bad flight with our kids, and we’ve done various lengths, various times of day. It will be absolutely fine 😊
Oh wait, I should say take extra clothes for you in your hand luggage. Only bad experience on a plane was when now 7Me vomited on my lap about 5 minutes in. So I stank of sick for the whole flight, and was damp 🤢
And i thought I had it bad this week when the baby vomited on me and I had to sit through a maccas lunch, always carrying a spare top for me now!

• Haha
We just booked a caravan for May. Very excited 😂

I haven't been abroad since my honeymoon in 2011 😂 Saying honeymoon sounds weird when I'm no longer married nor have I ever mentioned here haha 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
We took our baby island hopping around Greece when he was 10 months old and it was really good! We learnt quickly that we needed to spend a bit extra on really nice big balconies (some with hot tubs!) so we could get takeaways and have a few drinks out there with the baby monitor on if he needed an early night rather than dragging him out to restaurants grumpy and this made it feel much more like a ‘normal’ holiday for us too. We went in early October so prices were good and it was really warm but not unbearably hot x

Reactions: 8
Had the questionnaire through for the 12 month review, way early so he can do nearly duck all. But it says it will be over the phone because of Covid - what’s the bleeping point? We’ve seen her anyway when Covid was worse. Jesus these HVs aren’t worth tit. Haven’t even heard from her since May. Not going to bother making the appointment, she can go and swivel useless bint. Dread to think of the babies at actual risk because the HVs don’t even bother seeing them in person anymore. I could tell her anything and how would she even know ffs.

Reactions: 13
Had the questionnaire through for the 12 month review, way early so he can do nearly duck all. But it says it will be over the phone because of Covid - what’s the bleeping point? We’ve seen her anyway when Covid was worse. Jesus these HVs aren’t worth tit. Haven’t even heard from her since May. Not going to bother making the appointment, she can go and swivel useless bint. Dread to think of the babies at actual risk because the HVs don’t even bother seeing them in person anymore. I could tell her anything and how would she even know ffs.
I find it so weird that this country is such a postcode lottery for various birthing options and HV procedures. I had TWO turn up at my door for the 12 month review! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Is the questionnaire they use available online anywhere? I’d be interested to see what it is they want to check up on (especially as I very much doubt I’ll make an appointment to actually have the appointment with my HV who similarly hasn’t been in touch since May when Baby Author was 6 weeks old, even when the GP tried to contact her on my behalf when my MH took a bad dip in the summer)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.