New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@WhatABore I'm sorry finding help is so difficult, I really hope @I'mThankyou's links and info will help!
You're worthy and you're strong! ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else spend the night in a massive cycle of worry, willing her to sleep and then worrying that shes sleeping too well, then feel her chest to make sure shes breathing, she wakes, then back to wanting her to go to sleep šŸ™ˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Twin 2 must have some serious low sleep needs.
I'm sure she sees bedtime as a nap, she's awake and watching Netflix with usšŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
She won't resettle in bed, and it only wakes her sister.
I'd trial her with no naps, but honestly come 12.30 I need the break from them both so they're napping weather they like it or not šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Yep weā€™re teething too and we give her pain relief, but shes fighting bed time so hard. Canā€™t hold her, canā€™t rock her, canā€™t put her down, canā€™t stand up.
Itā€™s like she doesnā€™t know what she wants, I donā€™t know what she wants so she just screams!
Sheā€™s also started to lose her tit on the changing mat.
what ever this phase is, it can pass quickly as itā€™s grinding us down.
she used to be so chilled šŸ˜‚
Whatā€™s with these babies, mine also hates nappy changes now! As soon as I lay her down she starts crying. Sheā€™s also started doing some wild hip thrust moves mid change to try and get away from me, which is delightful when sheā€™s got a pooey bum that Iā€™m trying to clean up šŸ˜…

I know itā€™s not for everyone so ignore me if it isnt but have you tried leaving her for 2/3 mins? Before going back in. X
Yeah so after you posted about it recently I did give it a go, and it worked the first couple of nights but now she seems to just work herself up more and more each time I leave the room again. I did say to Mr G tonight that weā€™re going to have to stick to something a bit more rigidly though because whatā€™s happening now just isnā€™t working and weā€™re all stressed out by it! x

absolute same here. soul destroying isnā€™t it šŸ˜“. I tried to put him in the cot awake. He did a 360 twice, rolled back to front, front to back, leg slamming, playing with the bars and even reaching out to hold my hand šŸ˜“. I know how you feel.

I hope it improves soon for you
The hand holding gets me every time, makes you feel guilty doesnā€™t it! Baby G will just stand there reaching out to me and tonight started to try and put her legs through the gaps to get closer. Youā€™d think we were putting them somewhere awful rather than a lovely warm cosy bed šŸ„²

She sounds like mini Waka, will do anything to avoid sleep. I had to go back to the Ferber method last week so we went into the bedroom every 5 mins to reassure her we were there, hug over the cot, kiss on head lay down and shhhhh with light pressure on her chest and repeat until she relaxes herself to sleep. Next night I went in but took longer, Took her 2 nights to get herself back to sleep by wiggling til she falls asleep.
Night waking is a different matter lol
I think weā€™re going to have to give this a go again! Itā€™s hard hearing them cry, but when sheā€™s tired and rubbing her eyes ready for bed at 7 and then is still awake at gone 9 because of cot dramas, somethings got to change!

When B is hard to get down, I will sit with my back to him until he calms down. Sometimes I stay, sometimes I leave, and if he goes mad, I will go back and sit on the floor. Would this work when she is like this?
Iā€™ve tried the gradual retreat but not this so I might give it a go tomorrow. The problem is (I think) that when Iā€™m in the room, she wants my attention. So I feel like Iā€™m distracting her from going to sleep, but then if Iā€™m not there sheā€™s too upset to sleep.

Thanks ladies, itā€™s a tit situation but helps to know that unfortunately a lot of us are in the same boat and my baby isnā€™t just broken šŸ˜…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Sending love Mama Bore ā¤

Me and Mr SI were friends for years and years before we got together, so we do have quite a few truly mutual friends. Pretty much all my local ones are his friends too, all the ā€˜mineā€™ ones are dotted here there and everywhere and are mostly individual friends rather than a big group,
But things have shifted and itā€™s more like heā€™s one of the OG friends and Iā€™m just the partner. Because I was so ill through pregnancy that I didnā€™t see them, and then with the baby who will only be breastfed/needs to be nursed to sleep so no-one will babysit in an evening etc. And now Iā€™m well out of the loop. Eee well.

I am firmly in the tit sleep club too šŸ˜­ hard to initially settle, and will only go back down with boob - if he feels like going back down. Which is 50/50.
Heā€™s been up loads lately because heā€™s cut a new tooth. Was up at stupid am this morning cos heā€™d done a poo and wouldnā€™t go back down. His appetite is back so heā€™s eaten adult quantities of food today so had pooed loads šŸ˜­ probs the most dirty nappies in a day since the newborn era or illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mr dipdab has just back from work with a full on cold šŸ˜©. It was a nice week being plague free in this house ā€¦

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Whatā€™s with these babies, mine also hates nappy changes now! As soon as I lay her down she starts crying. Sheā€™s also started doing some wild hip thrust moves mid change to try and get away from me, which is delightful when sheā€™s got a pooey bum that Iā€™m trying to clean up šŸ˜…

Yeah so after you posted about it recently I did give it a go, and it worked the first couple of nights but now she seems to just work herself up more and more each time I leave the room again. I did say to Mr G tonight that weā€™re going to have to stick to something a bit more rigidly though because whatā€™s happening now just isnā€™t working and weā€™re all stressed out by it! x

The hand holding gets me every time, makes you feel guilty doesnā€™t it! Baby G will just stand there reaching out to me and tonight started to try and put her legs through the gaps to get closer. Youā€™d think we were putting them somewhere awful rather than a lovely warm cosy bed šŸ„²

I think weā€™re going to have to give this a go again! Itā€™s hard hearing them cry, but when sheā€™s tired and rubbing her eyes ready for bed at 7 and then is still awake at gone 9 because of cot dramas, somethings got to change!

Iā€™ve tried the gradual retreat but not this so I might give it a go tomorrow. The problem is (I think) that when Iā€™m in the room, she wants my attention. So I feel like Iā€™m distracting her from going to sleep, but then if Iā€™m not there sheā€™s too upset to sleep.

Thanks ladies, itā€™s a tit situation but helps to know that unfortunately a lot of us are in the same boat and my baby isnā€™t just broken šŸ˜…
Mini Waka would NEVER admit she was sleepy! she gives us zero sleep signals, sheā€™d happily play until 11 if we let her
Good luck with it!

@Definitelyme everything okay with you? X

• Heart
I think my childā€™s given me a tension head ache as bed time got closer. My head and neck are agony. Iā€™m currently in the bathšŸ˜‚ she went down with a fight but not as bad as the night before.
@WhatABore sorry you feel that way ā˜¹
I have no advice I think we all know Iā€™m crap at advice but I found maternity and motherhood so isolating. I donā€™t make friends easy (lol well at all). I wanted to go to groups but my anxiety got the better of me. You need a supportive partner, he needs to step up a bit.
do something for you! Turn your Xbox on and have a game.
My kids give me these headaches! šŸ™ƒ paracetamol & ibuprofen is the only thing that clears it šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
Hope you feel better soon x

Reactions: 1
Mini Waka would NEVER admit she was sleepy! she gives us zero sleep signals, sheā€™d happily play until 11 if we let her
Good luck with it!

All good, mama waka, thanks for checking in ā¤Also a member of the unsettled babe crew tonight, and my in laws are staying as well so yeah, just surviving the weekend! šŸ« šŸ« šŸ« 

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Good luck with it!

When Martha was younger (sheā€™s 17 months now) she would give zero signals she was sleepy then out of nowhere she would scream, it was ear piercing, she would do the same with hunger as well. No fists to her mouth no looking for the bottle, her first indication was to scream. So yeah that was a fun phase. Now she walks over to the high chair and points and goes ugh ugh. Or points to the cupboard where the chocolate bourbons are šŸ™ƒ.

Itā€™s so tough isnā€™t it. Sheā€™s teething at the moment which doesnā€™t help but tonight sheā€™s had nurofen and anbesol so thereā€™s nothing else I can give her. Itā€™s like sheā€™s determined not to sleep even though I can see sheā€™s exhausted
Unsure if this is helpful or practical but weā€™ve got a surprise back molar (thought it had already come in though šŸ™„) coming through and are having the exact same issue, so if after 30-45 minutes sheā€™s having none of it, I bring her back downstairs, let her run around a bit more (despite the fact she definitely needed to go to bed at 7!) and chill back out, otherwise we both get so worked up xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.