• Still in utero

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I accidentally called the baby a c*nt at baby group

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy New Year one and all

Thread title continues the soup saga. Title by @onlyheretoorbit. Incompetence by @jackolantern

(Just kidding, love you really)

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Partner sent me out for KFC. But I don't want kfc, I want mcdonalds. So I've joined the mcdonalds queue, called him and told him kfc is closed 🤫

*reposting it in here 😂*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Can’t deal with the title 😂😂

Partner sent me out for KFC. But I don't want kfc, I want mcdonalds. So I've joined the mcdonalds queue, called him and told him kfc is closed 🤫

*reposting it in here 😂*
This is everything and more 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Genuine question. I know we can’t put swear words in thread titles but I had no idea if I was allowed to swear in the poll?! So I starred it out but if anyone actually knows I’d be interested for future sweary poll options 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sure this has been mentioned in a previous thread and please direct me there if it has but traditional weaning v baby led weaning? In plain and simple English what is the diff? Getting ready for my next hurdle 😅

I'm sure this has been mentioned in a previous thread and please direct me there if it has but traditional weaning v baby led weaning? In plain and simple English what is the diff? Getting ready for my next hurdle 😅
Baby led you give them food (usually finger food, or a preloaded spoon) and allow them to self feed. You let them choose what to eat, and how much of it, and it usually avoids purées (but on a preloaded spoon that would still be baby led)
Traditional is usually where you spoon feed your baby, and they have no real control over what is given.
A lot of people do a mixture ☺

• Heart
Traditional weaning = what your parents did. Purée, whether homemade, jars or pouches and fed with a spoon held by a parent. Introducing slowly lumpier textures and some finger foods.
BLW= giving baby a bit of whatever you’re having. No blending, they just start on solids straight away.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Gidget00_ congratulations on your new arrival! I’m so sorry to hear you feel Dow about ending breastfeeding. I know someone asked in the other thread, but is it because you want to, or because of difficulties or feeling unsupported?
Either way, whatever you decide, no guilt is needed. You’ve given baby a wonderful gift for two weeks, and moving on from that is nothing to be ashamed of. ❤

Just don't make the mistake of saying you're doing a mix of both cos I think some of the fb mum police are still camped outside my house ready to knock me out with Ella's kitchen pouches.
Apparently even spoon feeding your baby once or blending anything is traditional weaning, but mushing food with your fingers is allowed to be BLW, so is loading spoons but not if you put it in their mouth 🤷‍♀️
We let her feed herself with either finger food, puree or blended food when at home and spoon feed her from a pouch when we're out to limit mess and it works well for us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Parking myself here! So happy my/Kitten's poll option is the 13-18 months, at least she'll stay in that bracket a while 😅 Can't believe she's already 14 months though 😭❤

At what age do babies start having nightmares? Kitten sometimes "wakes up" (but actually she seems to still be asleep) crying, screaming, almost unable to be settled.
It can take a while to snap her out of it, but once it's over, she just rolls over and continues sleeping.
Honestly, those screams are absolutely gut wrenching, it's horrible 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m doing a new type - melty puff weaning cos that’s all she’ll bloody eat

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sometimes I like to imagine what I could achieve if my baby settled in the evening and I had 2-3 hours without kids before I went to sleep...

Tonight I'm imagining that I have a 6 pack, have taught myself how to play the harp, I have become fluent in Italian and that I'm hand sewing a family quilt.

Seriously, why did I not appreciate what I had and do more things when I had a child that slept?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Happy new year ladies ❤

I haven’t been on here for absolutely ages. Went back to work in October which has been a huge adjustment! Trying to find time to do everything on the never ending to do list plus work is HARD and means I have a breakdown on the regular 🙃 On the upside, toddler CJ is almost 18 months now and I’m absolutely loving this stage and watching her personality come out.

Hope all of you lovely ladies and babies/toddlers are ok, I probably have so much to try and catch up on (although wish I didn’t start reading the last thread today because I’ve already done 4 loads of washing ☠)

*reposting it in here 😂*
I do this quite often 😂 my OH loves Indian but I’m not so keen (Chinese every time for me!) so when he suggests it when we’re having a takeaway I say it’s offline on deliveroo so we have to order something else 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Erm as said earlier I gave up breastfeeding after 6 weeks. We’ve just got in so I quickly undressed to settle her in bed as cba bouncing when I’m tired too. Anyway, She’s just drank 7oz of milk and decided to crawl on me to… breastfeed 😂 wth (obviously I redirected her but she tried again after that)

• Haha
Has anyone had the contraceptive implant and had a ridiculously itchy arm? It’s been itching since I took the bandage off on Boxing Day and I’m ready to gnaw my arm off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.