New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If he's anything like my kids, they close their eyes for 2 minutes, wake up and decide that's a whole nap 😂

How old is he?

I would say if this is the first time, then it's just a one off.
It's when it becomes a consistent thing that they're cutting down.

All my kids have gone to bed at 6pm and it's never made them get up any earlier than if they go to bed later. Usually makes them sleep better as they're not over tired 😊
I was hoping you’d reply as I know you have spoken a lot about your daughters sleep (and lack of lol)
Over the last month his sleep has been pretty terrible actually. He is 10 months. Every time I have googled it it says it’s a regression. Tbf he hasn’t slept well since the 4 month regression.
He usually had 2 naps. 10am then 2.30pm probably for about 30 mins to an hour. Bed time around 7-7.30. Wakes up a lot😟. Somehow his current wake window has been 7 hrs 😂😂😂😂

Amazon girl, but the price keeps going up so I'm going to watch it. It was £10 which didn't seem bad considering I paid £4 for 250g the other day 😏😏😏
Ive just looked it up on camel camel camel (an amazon price tracking website) and I don’t think they’ve ever been under a tenner 🙃

Reactions: 1
Think we're going to book our first abroad family holiday tonight! (assuming this baby ever lets me put him down).
Really excited but quite nervous for all the logistics, any top tips from seasoned parents?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do you have bad lips as well? Because mine are always so dry and cracked 😭 z
Yeah they always crack in the corners if that makes sense and almost like peel there 😩 I’ve replaced lip balm with nipple cream cos it’s the only thing that does the trick. I find it’s worse when it’s cold and windy x

Ive just looked it up on camel camel camel (an amazon price tracking website) and I don’t think they’ve ever been under a tenner 🙃
Oh that's clever, not heard of that but I will be using that. I could have sworn they were £8.50 when I looked earlier! Must have been dreaming!

I was hoping you’d reply as I know you have spoken a lot about your daughters sleep (and lack of lol)
Over the last month his sleep has been pretty terrible actually. He is 10 months. Every time I have googled it it says it’s a regression. Tbf he hasn’t slept well since the 4 month regression.
He usually had 2 naps. 10am then 2.30pm probably for about 30 mins to an hour. Bed time around 7-7.30. Wakes up a lot😟. Somehow his current wake window has been 7 hrs 😂😂😂😂
Her routine at 10 months was up at 4.30/5am, nap at 9/10am. She'd only have about 30 minutes though. Then a second nap around 1 until about 1.30. And then bed at 6.
She cut out her first nap around this time though
And she'd be up at 4.30/5am, nap around 11/12 for about 45 minutes and then bed at 6.
It was more start her bedtime at 6 than her asleep for 6. She was asleep by about 6.30/6.45.
We did try a later bed time but it made her get up even earlier along with super disturbed sleep because she was over tired.

Think we're going to book our first abroad family holiday tonight! (assuming this baby ever lets me put him down).
Really excited but quite nervous for all the logistics, any top tips from seasoned parents?
So exciting! ✈✈The logistics of booking or the actual holiday? We are by no means experts, but we fly at least 3 times a year as my in laws live elsewhere, and have been abroad a good few times with the kids as well. I’m happy to share any info with you about what we do, if you have a specific area of concern? Not that we do anything special at all !

How exciting! We’ve just booked our first long haul trip for 3 weeks time with baby author who will be 9.5months and have done several short haul flights over the last few months (including some that I’ve done on my own with the baby). Some of the things which immediately come to mind:

- You can take a pushchair right to the plane door (but you will have to fold it down/take it apart to go through security). Some airlines will also give you a tag so that if it is going to the hold then it should be delivered back to the plane door when you land (but from experience this may depend on your destination airport as I know of at least one that never does this, in which case it will appear on the luggage belt with the rest of the bags). If it can fold down to fit in an overhead luggage compartment then you can take it on with you (like a yo-yo style pram)
- I’ve found it useful to also have a baby carrier with me to have baby in when not in pram and especially for getting on and off the plane
- In my hand luggage bag I make sure I have passports and tickets easy to access, snacks for baby (if old enough/weaning) a couple of (quiet) toys to help distract baby, normal nappy supplies & change of clothes. For the long haul I’m going to make sure I’ve got some proper food for baby too. There are exceptions at security for letting you through with bottles and food for a baby so that the 100ml limit doesn’t apply.
- You will be able to board first which is super handy
- On take off & landing worth breastfeeding baby or giving a bottle or dummy so that they have something to suck. Helps them equalise their ears.
- You can also check in extra baggage that is baby related like a car seat etc without paying extra (worth checking exactly what the limits are per airline).
- If long haul then see if you can reserve a bassinet for baby

Also, good luck! I was so nervous the first time but its gone smoothly (luckily) each time (so far!) and I’ve always told myself that at the end of the day if someone gets annoyed at a baby being unhappy then I’m never going to see them again so thats their issue and not mine.

Reactions: 5
yes he crawls, climbs on the sofa, walks around the sofa’s holding on but doesn’t have any balance to let go. He got a shopping trolly for xmas but when I stand him to walk with it he drops straight to his bum
It doesn’t sound like he’s far off at all. If you’re in England, HV’s and GP’s generally don’t refer to physio unless little boys still aren’t walking by 19months so he has a good few months to get there yet ❤

If he’s eating then bring all of the snacks 😂
We fly a lot, using a sling for the airport is really handy, keeps your hands free.
last time we flew the twins were 12 months and wiggling like crazy. We found it useful to get on last then we only had to keep them contained for minimal time. If you use dummies give one for take and landing to help ears you can also give them a breast/bottle feed.

Milton tablets for sterilising! Look up if there’s a supermarket near where you’re staying so you can get nappies/wipes there and save on luggage space

Reactions: 2
It doesn’t sound like he’s far off at all. If you’re in England, HV’s and GP’s generally don’t refer to physio unless little boys still aren’t walking by 19months so he has a good few months to get there yet ❤
he was actually already under physio and got discharged before Xmas because he had caught up to where he was meant to be. I never really worried until my SIL has been on my back self diagnosing him with Autism and Cerebral palsy 🫠

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
he was actually already under physio and got discharged before Xmas because he had caught up to where he was meant to be. I never really worried until my SIL has been on my back self diagnosing him with Autism and Cerebral palsy 🫠
Ah brilliant well I would be even more reassured by that as surely if they thought he may have any difficulties with walking in the future they would have kept his case open to keep an eye on him ☺

Your SIL needs to get in the bin xx

Reactions: 2
Ah brilliant well I would be even more reassured by that as surely if they thought he may have any difficulties with walking in the future they would have kept his case open to keep an eye on him ☺

Your SIL needs to get in the bin xx
I think she said she would call after Xmas to check on him. Should he be wearing shoes round the house?

Ignore your SIL.
Physio wouldn't of discharged you if there was even a hint of CP.
Twin 2 is 16months old, has CP, struggles to sit unaided, doesn't cruise or crawl much.
A physio would've highlighted it immediately and sent of a referral for extra testing and scans.
He sounds like he's doing fantastic, and doing it all in his own time.

I think she said she would call after Xmas to check on him. Should he be wearing shoes round the house?
No shoe free is better for development

Reactions: 3
We’ve booked for April with the younger 3. The little 2 haven’t been abroad yet, so hopefully they will be ok on the flight. We will download stuff on the iPad, take colouring for the bigger 2. Not sure about the baby though 😬
Just got the emails through that all their passports have been accepted, thank god. The panic was real as they haven’t accepted my eldest 🫠

It doesn’t sound like a he’s far off walking independently, it sounds like he’s doing great ☺ Barefoot is best whilst he’s learning to cruise and walk but once he’s walking confidently you can introduce shoes for outdoor walking.

Yeah they always crack in the corners if that makes sense and almost like peel there 😩 I’ve replaced lip balm with nipple cream cos it’s the only thing that does the trick. I find it’s worse when it’s cold and windy x
Mine crack in the middle. Honestly, so days when I wake up I find they have split and it looks like someone has given me a right hook. Might try nipple cream. I’ve been trying to put stuff in them before I got to bed, and it worked really well, until I took the balm out one night and forgot to take it upstairs. Went back to square 1 😭x

Ignore your SIL.
Physio wouldn't of discharged you if there was even a hint of CP.
Twin 2 is 16months old, has CP, struggles to sit unaided, doesn't cruise or crawl much.
A physio would've highlighted it immediately and sent of a referral for extra testing and scans.
He sounds like he's doing fantastic, and doing it all in his own time.

No shoe free is better for development
I’ve mentioned my SIL before she is a looney 😂😂

he defo sounded like twin 2 and was definitely behind if you had have asked me 2 months ago but if he isn’t expected to be walking then I assume he has caught up. I have been worrying about it because she is relentless. In fairness he is also a ridiculously good sleeper and very chilled so isn’t exactly getting a lot of practice🤣

Does anyone have recommendations for really dry scalp, for me? My head is covered. I don’t think it’s dandruff, I think it’s very mild psoriasis
I’ve Done 2 hair washes in this and it’s still there. It worked really well for me last time 😭 I also have dry patches on my face - side of my nose/eyebrows so if anyone can recommend a good face cream, I would be very grateful x

View attachment 1863412
I absolutely swear by Sulphur8 deep cleaning shampoo for sorting my dry scalp, and making sure I use one of those scalp srubbing brushes when I'm washing. Full disclosure, I have Afro hair and buy it in black hair shops, but it's for all hair.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.