New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely shouldn’t catch up on this thread when bub is feeding, all the pregnancy/shagging talk is dangerous! I said I wanted another quite soon so they’re close in age, himself was like yeah let’s wait 6 month I’ll buy some condoms - all that did was turn it into a bleeping game for me to see how long it would take for him to duck the condoms off so I could get what I wanted. Twice. That’s it. 😂😂😂
God you’re brave! I’m still gonna need years plural to get ready to even start thinking about getting pregnant again!

Im just gonna wait here for @jackolantern’s thoughts on this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you to everyone who replied already!
To answer this, we've booked for Umbria, it is an agritutrismo designed for kids/families and it looks amazing, I'm very excited! Plus it seems super easy, they have all the baby gear (cot, monitor, potty, toilet seat, baths etc) plus they provide beach/pool towels as well as bath ones so we don't have to take those, there is a swimming pool with a heated toddler pool, a woodland with full adventure playground, a little tikes car run with like loads of vehicles, games and toys in all the apartments plus they can provide food and shopping like nappies etc for you. We wanted to make life easy for ourselves!

I don't really know what makes me nervous, it's probably just because I haven't done it before.
Baby should still be breastfeeding so I'll feed him for the plane and give the toddler some sucky sweets, we don't have a tablet but we'll download some TV onto phones and it's a less than 3 hour flight so that's not too bad.

Because of kids and Covid this will be my first foreign holiday in about 4.5 years!
Daaaaang this sounds nice!

I have no idea where we’ll be going, I’ve never booked a ~family holiday~ before and Mr SI has never been on one, he has so many family round the globe that literally every single overnight trip both domestic and international until he was old enough to go with pals/me (and even since tbh) has been to stay with a family member. So he’s even more useless than me looking at these Costa del toastie packages 🤣
And in adulthood I’ve just worked abroad then done side missions, or done something a bit different just because. My last abroad was a solo yolo to Berlin to try some food places I’d seen good reviews of 🤣🐷
We did have a 10/10 trip round various parts of the US booked for our honeymoon, it was proper adult because we wanted to fully scratch the itch in 2020 then make a baby in 2021. So obv we never went thanks to world events. Gutted.
I can narrow it down to wanting it to be warm, somewhere good for a boddler, reasonable expectation of dairy/nut free options, no more than about 5 hours away and prefs somewhere I’ve not been before. I clearly still have some refining to do 🤣
Oh and I really really loathe driving abroad so prefs no car required.

I am proper thinking out loud here so please do ignore me x

Yess 😂 I was married for a year. Was great 🙃😂
My Dad passed away 3 weeks before my wedding too. So that didn't help 😂
Aw lass ❤ glad you’re currently in this chapter of entertaining us all and that difficult period is behind you.
It has got me so curious about everyone’s backstories tbh! I guess there’s only so much we can share without basically doxxing ourselves though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Definitely shouldn’t catch up on this thread when bub is feeding, all the pregnancy/shagging talk is dangerous! I said I wanted another quite soon so they’re close in age, himself was like yeah let’s wait 6 month I’ll buy some condoms - all that did was turn it into a bleeping game for me to see how long it would take for him to duck the condoms off so I could get what I wanted. Twice. That’s it. 😂😂😂
This made me laugh, I was pregnant again by the time my 1st was 12 weeks 😳🫣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The rare night both babies have slept through, I’ve been woken up 3 times by KW snoring 😤😤😤.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Todays my last day off before I go back to work 💔 I’m dreading it and cried all last night 😂 but I’ve been on unpaid maternity leave for a while now so it will be nice to have money again so I can do some nice things with baby T. Also really want to book a holiday for this year, I would love to go abroad but I think he would prefer a stay at Butlins so he can see Mr Tumble 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Costa del toastie
solo yolo
boddler
This post was a pleasure to read with some wild words thrown in!

And my backstory is so beige it’s embarrassing. Grew up in the suburbs, went to university, met MrMe, travelled for a bit, got married and had 47 kids 🤣

• Haha
Todays my last day off before I go back to work 💔 I’m dreading it and cried all last night 😂 but I’ve been on unpaid maternity leave for a while now so it will be nice to have money again so I can do some nice things with baby T. Also really want to book a holiday for this year, I would love to go abroad but I think he would prefer a stay at Butlins so he can see Mr Tumble 🙃
Hope your first day back tomorrow goes ok ❤ It’s my first day back on Wed and I don’t know if you’ve had the chance to catch up properly but I posted the other day about feeling really emotional about it and there were some lovely reassuring responses. I don’t have any advice but total solidarity - hopefully this time in a couple of weeks we will both be back in the swing of things. Are you going back full time?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hope your first day back tomorrow goes ok ❤ It’s my first day back on Wed and I don’t know if you’ve had the chance to catch up properly but I posted the other day about feeling really emotional about it and there were some lovely reassuring responses. I don’t have any advice but total solidarity - hopefully this time in a couple of weeks we will both be back in the swing of things. Are you going back full time?
I’m with your girls my first day back is Tuesday 😭 we are all in this together!

• Heart
I hope it all goes ok for you ❤ I know our babies at a similar age, I didn’t want to go back either but now I’m back I really appreciate the adult conversation and being away makes me appreciate the time at home even more. Also the money to buy nice thing for the baby is fab!! Maternity pay is no one’s friend lol. Good luck to you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Influenced by you @calmyourritas my amazon Daisy storage bags are arriving today and I’m buzzing to tidy up the toys 😂.
now to convince KW that we have space for a kallax ….

• Heart
Do any of you have any recommendations for brands that make rompers in safari/African animal prints?
I’ve looked at claybear and they don’t have baby’s size and neither does vinted & lovebee don’t seem to ever have had one.
It’s for his first birthday. Also any recommendations for ‘when I wake up I’ll be 1’ pjs too. It’s not till March but I want to be organised while I still don’t have a job 😤

Does anyone here leave a sippy cup of water in the cot overnight?

Baby o has been waking up at 4/5am this week for a bottle, and then she still has her usual morning bottle at 7.30.

Today she had milk at 5am, then we came downstairs at 7 and she immediately drained her entire cup of water, so she’s obviously thirsty.

I’m wondering if she had access to water whether she could drink when she needs it and then go back to sleep.

She has one of those munchkin cups which she can use herself - I wasn’t sure if putting water in a bottle might confuse her. 🤔

Baby o has been waking up at 4/5am this week for a bottle, and then she still has her usual morning bottle at 7.30.

Today she had milk at 5am, then we came downstairs at 7 and she immediately drained her entire cup of water, so she’s obviously thirsty.

I’m wondering if she had access to water whether she could drink when she needs it and then go back to sleep.

She has one of those munchkin cups which she can use herself - I wasn’t sure if putting water in a bottle might confuse her. 🤔
I leave water in a bottle inside the cot and most days it is empty in the morning

Yeah I leave a fresh water in the same corner of her cot every night! She is on b box cups for milk and water and she’s never been confused

The baby event has started online at Aldi and I've just bought these for the new baby! Are these the ones some of you rated?

Yeah mini Waka would not be without her banana! Held it while sleeping too

• Heart
Another one who goes back to work tomorrow! First day at my new job. Excited, but also a bit stressed.
My mental health is still not toooooo great and I'm tired AF, but on the other hand I do think having some routine will be beneficial for me.

Kitten is doing really well, she's getting closer and closer to walking. Honestly can't wait to pick her up at daycare and have her walk/run to me 🥹

Also sorry I'm a bit quiet on here. The holidays were way harder on me than I expected and MrCat and I are also not in the best place atm (although we had some productive conversations), so I'm feeling a bit sad and I don't want to bring everyone down all the time 😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
ah really? Mines been the same one since a newborn every 2-4 weeks. Maybe it’s cause he haa health issues but I always found mine helpful. She called the questionaire a load of baloney and americanised nonsense 🤣🤣🤣
I have never seen the same midwife or HV with any of my 4 kids!

Getting little imp a ballpit on specialbuys and I thought I'd have a general browse... there's a SOUP MAKER, do I do I?! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.