New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do any of you have any recommendations for brands that make rompers in safari/African animal prints?
I’ve looked at claybear and they don’t have baby’s size and neither does vinted & lovebee don’t seem to ever have had one.
It’s for his first birthday. Also any recommendations for ‘when I wake up I’ll be 1’ pjs too. It’s not till March but I want to be organised while I still don’t have a job 😤
I get my ‘when I wake up’ pjs from Asda. I actually ordered the 3yo ‘4’ pjs the other day, and he’s not 4 until September 😂
It’s my 6yo birthday next month, and they don’t do ‘7’ pjs 💔 all stops at 6!

Reactions: 1
Getting little imp a ballpit on specialbuys and I thought I'd have a general browse... there's a SOUP MAKER, do I do I?! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I swear to god if you buy it and still fail at soup you you better bulk buy it in tins!

Do any of you have any recommendations for brands that make rompers in safari/African animal prints?
I’ve looked at claybear and they don’t have baby’s size and neither does vinted & lovebee don’t seem to ever have had one.
It’s for his first birthday. Also any recommendations for ‘when I wake up I’ll be 1’ pjs too. It’s not till March but I want to be organised while I still don’t have a job 😤
Have you had a look on etsy?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve not got a photo, but we had a cute safari romper in animal print from H&M a few months back. And we just had this from Tesco for his first birthday, it was something like £6-£8 and then we’ve just had the leggings in regular circulation since.

Attachments

Baby haircuts - the twins are resembling those alpacas with the crazy fringes. Has anyone taken a baby to hairdresser to get their haircut? Or am I better attempting to trim it myself 😅. Do hair dressers even cut babies hair?

@LongishCat sending you some love. You and MrCat have had such a difficult 12 months, it’s no wonder you’re both finding things difficult. I hope your first day at the new job goes well x

Baby haircuts - the twins are resembling those alpacas with the crazy fringes. Has anyone taken a baby to hairdresser to get their haircut? Or am I better attempting to trim it myself 😅. Do hair dressers even cut babies hair?
Ask local mums who they use. The girls haven’t had theirs cut until around 3yo, but I have taken the boys from 1 and a good recommendation from other mums means you’re likely to get someone good with kids.

• Heart
I’m with your girls my first day back is Tuesday 😭 we are all in this together!
I'm back in Tuesday too!! I've been on mat leave for 14 months now so its a big adjustment. I will be WFH though so I am seeing it as a bit of a rest as I can catch up on TV while I'm working 🤣 so im trying really hard to view it as a positive thing and babyelf absolutely loves nursery so I feel good about it

Getting little imp a ballpit on specialbuys and I thought I'd have a general browse... there's a SOUP MAKER, do I do I?! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I have one and I never looked back js

• Heart
I got pjs from Vinted!

I've been cutting babyelfs hair myself since about six months as its just so long 🤣 I sit him in a highchair with a buscuit and whack on ms Rachel and I manage ok. But i think it is almost time to get him an actual appointment at a hairdressers to get a big boy haircut 😭 I'm not ready for it I love his baby hair

Reactions: 3
I've been cutting babyelfs hair myself since about six months as its just so long 🤣 I sit him in a highchair with a buscuit and whack on ms Rachel and I manage ok. But i think it is almost time to get him an actual appointment at a hairdressers to get a big boy haircut 😭 I'm not ready for it I love his baby hair
I found a kids salon a few miles away from me. They want £30 a kid 🤯.
i think I’ll attempt myself first …

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My girls hair just stays up on top of their head until its long enough to stay out their face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That is ridiculous! You could also look for someone who will come to the house and do it, that way you have snacks, high chair etc to distract them and I usually find mobile hairdressers cheaper. It doesn’t even cost £30 to get my hair cut!

Hi hope this is the right thread. We have a holiday booked when baby is 3 months old. Don’t fancy taking our proper pram on holiday as I’ve seen how they get thrown about! We had a joie stroller for holidays with my toddler but it’s not suitable for a younger baby. Any recommendations for a decent travel buggy from such a young age? I like the yoyos and doonas but a bit out of our price range. Looking at 160 tops. Thanks

Another one who goes back to work tomorrow! First day at my new job. Excited, but also a bit stressed.
My mental health is still not toooooo great and I'm tired AF, but on the other hand I do think having some routine will be beneficial for me.

Kitten is doing really well, she's getting closer and closer to walking. Honestly can't wait to pick her up at daycare and have her walk/run to me 🥹

Also sorry I'm a bit quiet on here. The holidays were way harder on me than I expected and MrCat and I are also not in the best place atm (although we had some productive conversations), so I'm feeling a bit sad and I don't want to bring everyone down all the time 😅
Best of luck for tomorrow.
you’ve had so much happen this year, natural for their to be ripples in your relationship
Go easy on yourself and eachother ❤

Hi hope this is the right thread. We have a holiday booked when baby is 3 months old. Don’t fancy taking our proper pram on holiday as I’ve seen how they get thrown about! We had a joie stroller for holidays with my toddler but it’s not suitable for a younger baby. Any recommendations for a decent travel buggy from such a young age? I like the yoyos and doonas but a bit out of our price range. Looking at 160 tops. Thanks
Just bought a kinder Kraft Nuby on Very for £160 after the bugaboo ant broke on us, we love it so much! Not sure on age suitability, sorry

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.