Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThePidge

VIP Member
3yo is terrified of my sisters robot hoover, because when he was little, they put him on it (didn’t let go, obvs)

Why am I sad 😂😂😂 someone pay for me to see someone, because I don’t want another baby 😂

Girls, you’ve all cursed me…

I’m still in a daze and I literally don’t know far along I am either… I had a UTI last month, which clearly wasn’t a period now I’m trying to add up the weeks. Zero symptoms too (just late period!)
24222021-D444-4DB0-B884-580035F81899.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

ThePidge

VIP Member
haha, thanks ladies! It’s come as a bit of a shock, as it wasn’t planned - I seen you all taking tests and thought “I best do mine…. Good one” 😂😂 mr P and I are going to get a scan booked in for next week, as I really don’t know how far I am and I’m hoping I’m not too far as I’ve been vaping, had the one off drink over Xmas and I’ve not been taking any vitamins, so I feel all kinds of guilt at the moment 😣
If it’s early on, then pidge will be nearly 2… oh god, I’m so bloody nervous already 😂 can I handle this?!

ps. Pull out method doesn’t work, pass it on 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
@Babyyoda88 hope you are doing well mama ❤ @TreeTrunksApplePie thinking of you too, if you do ever want to join us we are here 🥰
Aw thanks lovely 🥰. I’ve been meaning to post an update but things have been a bit mental. Baby tree trunks is finally home after 17 weeks in neonatal units (and a few days in great ormond street for his heart operation which was a success), 1 whole month after his November due date, and doing really well. He’s 4 months old now but only 1 month old corrected age/physically, and We’re over the moon of course but we are also moving house! I can’t tell if I’m tired all the time just from our little one or the combination of the 2… 😅

We are having our own little lockdown for flu/RSV season because he’s clinically vulnerable. He has chronic lung disease of prematurity which is very common in babies born before 28 weeks, and should go away over time but it does mean if he gets ill, we will almost certainly be back in NICU which we don’t want. I’m really hoping we’ve seen the back of neonatal units. Would be nice though to meet up with other mums close by and that’s off the cards for a bit so would be lovely (and needed for my sanity!) to chat to people with similar age babies here 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 26

WhatABore

VIP Member
Currently laying in the bath feeling super lonely 😩

Obviously my partner works nights 5 nights a week. So he only really has 1 whole day with us anyway when he's not sleeping.
Not that he gets up on that day anyway.
Tonight's his first night off so he went to bed as soon as he came in until lunch time.
He then brought his xbox downstairs and sat with his headphones on all day. If he doesn't bring his xbox downstairs, he's got earphones in watching things on his phone.

In the evening, as soon as he gets up (I put Everleigh to bed and the 4yo goes into the bedroom to wake him up and lay with him whilst I'm putting her to bed and then I come and put the 4yo to bed) but by the time I've put Everleigh to bed, he's already in a party chat with his mates or brother and playing games and he does that until 1am/2am.
If I talk to him, he gets annoyed because he can't hear what I've said through his headphones 🙃
So all I get is "WHAT?!"

I have no friends. The last time I had a conversation with a friend was whilst the 4yo was in hospital and she then stopped replying.
I used to go somewhere with my sister on her day off during the week with Everleigh whilst the kids were at school but we haven't done that in months because she's got her own friends.

And just 🤷🏻‍♀️ feeling super lonely!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

LongishCat

VIP Member
Another one who goes back to work tomorrow! First day at my new job. Excited, but also a bit stressed.
My mental health is still not toooooo great and I'm tired AF, but on the other hand I do think having some routine will be beneficial for me.

Kitten is doing really well, she's getting closer and closer to walking. Honestly can't wait to pick her up at daycare and have her walk/run to me 🥹

Also sorry I'm a bit quiet on here. The holidays were way harder on me than I expected and MrCat and I are also not in the best place atm (although we had some productive conversations), so I'm feeling a bit sad and I don't want to bring everyone down all the time 😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I'm sure this has been mentioned in a previous thread and please direct me there if it has but traditional weaning v baby led weaning? In plain and simple English what is the diff? Getting ready for my next hurdle 😅
I’m doing a new type - melty puff weaning cos that’s all she’ll bloody eat

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Borntorun

VIP Member
Nothing makes you confront the harsh reality of the postpartum body than the fact my in laws have a full length mirror at the end of the shower 😂

Equally at least my MIL hasn’t bought me any specific toiletries, as check out what she bought my husband 😂😂😂😂😂 he’s now hiding in the bathroom trying to take a photo of the back of his head

Attachments

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
Everleigh learnt her lesson earlier.
Went out for breakfast... She kept shouting at the black pudding saying "Choc choc"
So I left her have it.
Safe to say, her face changed quite quickly when she took a bite 🤣

• Haha

cupcake_face

Thanks for all of the lovely responses re going back to work - too many of you to tag but you’ve all made me feel much better ❤

Also - what the actual frig is going on?! I come on to have a pity party about going back to work then go offline for a few hours, come back and we have a pregnancy (huge congratulations @ThePidge ❤), half of you are shagging like rabbits and the other half have severe cockaphobia - I can’t decide which camp I’d rather sit in 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Or asking what veg he wants with a roast and he asks for a Brussels sprout/bacon/creme fraiche & Parmesan Gratan
I asked Mr T what we should have for tea once and he said Beef Wellington, it was 4pm on a weekday 🙃 I just don’t ask any more, he’s also suggested dauphinois potatoes as a side once, you’re getting some fucking oven chips and you’ll be happy with it pal

• Haha
Reactions: 21

WhatABore

VIP Member
Spreading butter on some crackers for the kids lunches. One broke as I was spreading it and fell.
Couldn't find it.
Everleighs just sat down to eat her lunch and it's stuck to the back of her head 🤣 oops.

• Haha

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Girls, you’ve all cursed me…

I’m still in a daze and I literally don’t know far along I am either… I had a UTI last month, which clearly wasn’t a period now I’m trying to add up the weeks. Zero symptoms too (just late period!)
View attachment 1856612
Oh my goodness!! This (I hope!) is the best news (although I am now panicking due to your ZERO symptoms 🫠)

Mr B had the audacity to say to me ‘we are both so much happier when we have sex. Look at us’. Yes dear, because you’re not an annoying prick, grabbing my tits and trying to finger me every 5 minutes!

• Haha
  • Heart

wakametango 3.0

We’ve just got a place at a better nursery 😊 we We’re on a waitlist of over 100 in September. Her cousin started there last week & mini Waka will be starting in Feb, I’m so happy!

• Heart

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Todays my last day off before I go back to work 💔 I’m dreading it and cried all last night 😂 but I’ve been on unpaid maternity leave for a while now so it will be nice to have money again so I can do some nice things with baby T. Also really want to book a holiday for this year, I would love to go abroad but I think he would prefer a stay at Butlins so he can see Mr Tumble 🙃

• Heart

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
I think I’m a bit down at the moment.
The Christmas periods been tough, we’ve all been Ill, she’s been so challenging, I’m knackered and have zero energy.
I keep seeing photos on social media of people out and about and we’re so broke we’ve literally done nothing. I have pangs of really missing my old life. Then I feel so bad because I love my little girl so much.
I’m just in this rut I can’t get out of. I have no enthusiasm for anything and I go back to work tomorrow which I can’t be arsed with either.
I can’t win. I can’t be a stay at home mum, financially no and I’d go insane I’m not cut out for it, but going to work I’m not really finally any better off, a little less insane and more tired.
how do I get myself out this weird funk I seem to have got myself in to? ☹

• Heart