New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we not talk about chocolate because I am on a diet, as I need to lose 2.5 stone and I’m sooooo hungry 😭

I am really proud of myself, as I have nearly lost half a stone this week!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Me who’s going out tonight for the first time sat eating snickers, crisps and crisp sandwiches and washing it down with coke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Baby only has 4 teeth but he’s just started grinding them together in the daytime and OMG I want to rip my ears off and set them on fire.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My 14mo old doesn’t walk yet.
They have until 18 months.
She’ll walk using a walker and holding my hand but independent steps are a no.
Is baby cruising etc?
It’s actually more like 2 really, my friends 2 children didn’t walk until 23 months and no doctor or HV was concerned. They’re now proper sporty 4 and 6 year olds. Tbf I rolled everywhere until I was 2 as well 🤣

• Haha
Should you worry about a 15 month old not walking?
Twin 1 was showing no signs she wasn’t even cruising much but just before Xmas she got up out of nowhere and started taking a few steps. I think they say around 10-18th months for walking. My friends little boy didn’t walk Til almost 2 but he when he did he was fab, not wobbly or anything!

Is baby cruising etc?
It's 18 months for cruising and 2 years for walking before they're concerned 😊

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have recommendations for really dry scalp, for me? My head is covered. I don’t think it’s dandruff, I think it’s very mild psoriasis
I’ve Done 2 hair washes in this and it’s still there. It worked really well for me last time 😭 I also have dry patches on my face - side of my nose/eyebrows so if anyone can recommend a good face cream, I would be very grateful x

70253256-0BF0-49E4-BF00-CD3F97D6F8E9.jpeg

Is baby cruising etc?
he defo cruises, he didn’t start crawling until 13 months tbh. I find it really hard sometimes because he has a cousin 2 weeks apart and the in laws CONSTANTLY compare but seem to forget the part where he spent months lying in a hospital bed🤣🤣

Does anyone have recommendations for really dry scalp, for me? My head is covered. I don’t think it’s dandruff, I think it’s very mild psoriasis
I’ve Done 2 hair washes in this and it’s still there. It worked really well for me last time 😭 I also have dry patches on my face - side of my nose/eyebrows so if anyone can recommend a good face cream, I would be very grateful x

View attachment 1863412
try polytar

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
he defo cruises, he didn’t start crawling until 13 months tbh. I find it really hard sometimes because he has a cousin 2 weeks apart and the in laws CONSTANTLY compare but seem to forget the part where he spent months lying in a hospital bed🤣🤣

try polytar
That’s not fair to compare every baby is different and does things at their own pace. 💕

Reactions: 6

View attachment 1863412
Nizoral shampoo worked best for me. Mine went really bad when pregnant, I use it once a week now just to keep on top of it. I get the same patches of dry skin almost at the front of my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose and I use epaderm at night cos the smell of it is actually repulsive 🤮 but then I use welda skin food or the cerave lotion in the day x

• Heart
I've just seen someone on Instagram buy 1kg of mini eggs from Amazon, and let me tell you I am TEMPTED!!!! 🍫🍫🍫🍫

ETA: Obviously the second thing I thought (after I need to buy that) is I must tell tattle!!! 🤣
Link me up!!
I also need to confess… I bought four 850g bars of dairy milk over Xmas off amazon as for some reason they were selling them for £2.79. I’m currently dairy free while breastfeeding a CMPA baby, but when I’m done I’m gonna smash those bad boys in a week 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
soooo the baby sleep today went as follows
9.30-9.40am nap (10 min 🫣 fell asleep on me and woke up as I put him in the cot)

11.30-12 nap as we were in the car

no further naps 🫠 refused his second nap. His eyes were closing 3pm ish when i shushed him but he kept thrashing around and wouldn’t drop off. 5pm rolls round hes being crabby so I’m trying to hold off a bit as I didnt want him going to to bed at 6pm as he will be up very early in the morning. Ugh 😩. Are we on our way to one nap? Or is it because he had a crap first nap?

am I over thinking it😆

• Heart
Reactions: 1
soooo the baby sleep today went as follows
9.30-9.40am nap (10 min 🫣 fell asleep on me and woke up as I put him in the cot)

11.30-12 nap as we were in the car

no further naps 🫠 refused his second nap. His eyes were closing 3pm ish when i shushed him but he kept thrashing around and wouldn’t drop off. 5pm rolls round hes being crabby so I’m trying to hold off a bit as I didnt want him going to to bed at 6pm as he will be up very early in the morning. Ugh 😩. Are we on our way to one nap? Or is it because he had a crap first nap?

am I over thinking it😆
If he's anything like my kids, they close their eyes for 2 minutes, wake up and decide that's a whole nap 😂

How old is he?

I would say if this is the first time, then it's just a one off.
It's when it becomes a consistent thing that they're cutting down.

All my kids have gone to bed at 6pm and it's never made them get up any earlier than if they go to bed later. Usually makes them sleep better as they're not over tired 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yes he crawls, climbs on the sofa, walks around the sofa’s holding on but doesn’t have any balance to let go. He got a shopping trolly for xmas but when I stand him to walk with it he drops straight to his bum
Sounds like he is doing perfectly. The play trolleys aren’t really great for them walking as they usually tip when any weight is on the handle.
If he is cruising the sofa one thing you can do is put a moveable piece of furniture (chair, side table, footstool etc) beside the sofa. Put him at the other end and put a fave toy or snack on the moveable piece and allow him to cruise up to it. Then slowly increase the gap between the sofa and other piece of furniture so he can practice stepping further and having to turn and move, and eventually it’ll be far enough away to try and encourage a step on his own. But really sounds like he is doing well and it will come.

Reactions: 4
Nizoral shampoo worked best for me. Mine went really bad when pregnant, I use it once a week now just to keep on top of it. I get the same patches of dry skin almost at the front of my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose and I use epaderm at night cos the smell of it is actually repulsive 🤮 but then I use welda skin food or the cerave lotion in the day x
Do you have bad lips as well? Because mine are always so dry and cracked 😭 z

Sounds like he is doing perfectly. The play trolleys aren’t really great for them walking as they usually tip when any weight is on the handle.
If he is cruising the sofa one thing you can do is put a moveable piece of furniture (chair, side table, footstool etc) beside the sofa. Put him at the other end and put a fave toy or snack on the moveable piece and allow him to cruise up to it. Then slowly increase the gap between the sofa and other piece of furniture so he can practice stepping further and having to turn and move, and eventually it’ll be far enough away to try and encourage a step on his own. But really sounds like he is doing well and it will come.
This is what we did with our eldest when she was nearly there, we called it walking bootcamp and she took her first steps just a day or two later!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Link me up!!
I also need to confess… I bought four 850g bars of dairy milk over Xmas off amazon as for some reason they were selling them for £2.79. I’m currently dairy free while breastfeeding a CMPA baby, but when I’m done I’m gonna smash those bad boys in a week 😂😂
Amazon girl, but the price keeps going up so I'm going to watch it. It was £10 which didn't seem bad considering I paid £4 for 250g the other day 😏😏😏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.