New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👋🏻 Hello!
The 9yo is like this too 🙃
His attitude stinks at the moment refusal to follow any instruction nor do his homework (or even bother bringing it home)
It's gotta be a hormone thing hasn't it?!
HOMEWORK!!! 💀💀💀

Not being a dick, but my eldest is super smart. She had brains a plenty, particularly for the arts side of life. She does amazingly in school but HOMEWORK 😩 she acts like a proper hole about it every week, drags it out forever (even though we’ve explained the quicker she does it the sooner it’s done) puts no effort in and I want to bloody throttle her every Monday.

I was a great kid, my mum always said you could have had 10 of me and not noticed. I DON’T DESERVE THIS 🤣

Reactions: 8
Absolute super mama. I have one child at home and barely reply to texts 😬
Apparently, I just like being busy?! 😂 I’ve always gone back to work (wfh before it was cool 😂) when they have been weeks old. I’d rather not, but… money 😭

Reactions: 4
HOMEWORK!!! 💀💀💀

Not being a dick, but my eldest is super smart. She had brains a plenty, particularly for the arts side of life. She does amazingly in school but HOMEWORK 😩 she acts like a proper hole about it every week, drags it out forever (even though we’ve explained the quicker she does it the sooner it’s done) puts no effort in and I want to bloody throttle her every Monday.

I was a great kid, my mum always said you could have had 10 of me and not noticed. I DON’T DESERVE THIS 🤣
This is the boy!!!!!
Like you, I'm not blowing his trumpet or anything but when he was in Y4 they were setting him Y5/Y6 pieces of work to stimulate him.
He kept coming home saying nope got none, then the teacher put a homework reminder on Class Dojo, oh I could of killed him. So I made him get the 4 weeks he missed then he sat there like he couldn't even spell his own last name🙄

And don't get me started on his hand writing, the way he rushes it you can't read it. I know boys have shocking writing most times, but his is so damn lazy it angers me watching him write!!!

Reactions: 3
But you are giving a really good example of being a multitasking badass!
My work would definitely not be cool with me working with a child in any way shape or form 😂
Not sure Mr B would see it as multitasking 😂 the house is a tit hole and he always runs out of boxers 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

My boss brings in her kids also. It’s a really great company to work for. Apart from the stress of somethings 😂

This is the boy!!!!!
Like you, I'm not blowing his trumpet or anything but when he was in Y4 they were setting him Y5/Y6 pieces of work to stimulate him.
He kept coming home saying nope got none, then the teacher put a homework reminder on Class Dojo, oh I could of killed him. So I made him get the 4 weeks he missed then he sat there like he couldn't even spell his own last name🙄

And don't get me started on his hand writing, the way he rushes it you can't read it. I know boys have shocking writing most times, but his is so damn lazy it angers me watching him write!!!
Oh stop it. We have this argument all the time “can you PLEASE write nearly?… that is NOT how you write an f! … you are 9 years old can you WRITE ON THE BLOODY LINE?”

Oh I am so delighted other people’s 9yo are arseholes about this stuff too. Makes me feel so much better and so much less of a terrible person for being annoyed by it all!

Not sure Mr B would see it as multitasking 😂 the house is a tit hole and he always runs out of boxers 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

My boss brings in her kids also. It’s a really great company to work for. Apart from the stress of somethings 😂
He can wash his own blooming boxers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Can I please come work with you? Your company sounds far more friendly and supportive of working parents than mine!

Reactions: 4
He can wash his own blooming boxers!
He ‘doesn’t know how to use the washing machine’ mummies boy

Can I please come work with you? Your company sounds far more friendly and supportive of working parents than mine!
Yes. I would love for you all to come work with me 💓 they are really good. And if I have a problem with the kids, they will all cover me if needed, and I will catch up with my hours when the kids are all in bed. I know how lucky I am as I used to work for a company who let me wfh twice a week, office 3 times a week, which they then decided I wasn’t allowed to wfh and then made me redundant after coming back from mat leave 🫠 they hated mums

• Wow
My MIL arrived and we started the handover for baby bluebird.

As I was settling her to bed I kept saying I love you I love you, smelling her hair, and telling her I’m not abandoning her. We’re so closed and bonded that I worry I’ll come home and she’ll feel abandoned and rejected. 3 full days and I’ve convinced myself I’m traumatizing her. I know I’ve said this before but oh man it hit me hard as I was putting her to bed.

I haven’t even left and I feel like I’ve left a part of my soul.

This is me going quiet for the next couple of days. I hope everyone stays well and your KWs get their sh*t in order and support you queens!
❤😍

• Heart
Reactions: 14

As I was settling her to bed I kept saying I love you I love you, smelling her hair, and telling her I’m not abandoning her. We’re so closed and bonded that I worry I’ll come home and she’ll feel abandoned and rejected. 3 full days and I’ve convinced myself I’m traumatizing her. I know I’ve said this before but oh man it hit me hard as I was putting her to bed.

This is me going quiet for the next couple of days. I hope everyone stays well and your KWs get their sh*t in order and support you queens!
❤😍
Enjoy your time away mama, you deserve it Xx

❤😍
Have the best time! We all need ‘me’ time. And she’s so little, she will never remember it. SLEEP!!

Reactions: 1

❤😍
have a lovely time, and get the rest that you deserve! You’ll be reunited with baby bluebird before you know it, just think of all the sleep you can have 🤭

I wfh yesterday with baby o - luckily she does 2 big naps a day (2hrs) and mr o is around from 4 to watch her but there was a period between 11am and 2pm where I got tit all done between feeding her, changing her and stopping her terrorising the dog or pulling over the kitchen bin every 2 mins 🙄

Hello! Jumping over from the pregnancy thread to ask you experienced mums a question. Going to visit a nursery today in preparation for when I go back to work next year. Any must ask questions? Things to look out for? Been reading about the lovely lady here (so so sorry I can’t remember your name!) and the hard time she’s getting from nursery at the moment and hoping they’re nicer than that!! She’ll only be 6 months and I’ll be leaving her 2 days a week so want to make the best choice!! Thanks ladies 💗💗💗

• Heart
I have a question, my baby is 7 weeks old, shes not breastfed (sore subject) and today i have woken up to blood in my underwear, i am fairly certain its aunt flo returning after 11 months away 🙄 as my post partum bleeding stopped 5 & half weeks after birth. So my question is simply what should i expect, how were your first periods after birth assuming you have had them yet? Before i became pregnant i had the mirena coil fitted as i used to have really painful periods, after having it removed my periods were a dream before i got pregnant so i am hoping they go back to before but i am not sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a question, my baby is 7 weeks old, shes not breastfed (sore subject) and today i have woken up to blood in my underwear, i am fairly certain its aunt flo returning after 11 months away 🙄 as my post partum bleeding stopped 5 & half weeks after birth. So my question is simply what should i expect, how were your first periods after birth assuming you have had them yet? Before i became pregnant i had the mirena coil fitted as i used to have really painful periods, after having it removed my periods were a dream before i got pregnant so i am hoping they go back to before but i am not sure.
My first 6 months or so of periods were really heavy and painful.
I was very lucky to not have very painful period previously.
I was also having 2 periods a month for the first 6 months. Sometimes 3.
It takes a while for hormones to settle 😊

Hello! Jumping over from the pregnancy thread to ask you experienced mums a question. Going to visit a nursery today in preparation for when I go back to work next year. Any must ask questions? Things to look out for? Been reading about the lovely lady here (so so sorry I can’t remember your name!) and the hard time she’s getting from nursery at the moment and hoping they’re nicer than that!! She’ll only be 6 months and I’ll be leaving her 2 days a week so want to make the best choice!! Thanks ladies 💗💗💗
My baby hasn’t started at nursery yet, but when I went round I asked the following:
- What the sickness policy is
- How many children per class
- Typical timetable of their day and activities they do
- How often they play outside
- If the food is made fresh on site and for typical menu
- What provision there is for dietary requirements
- Looked at interaction between workers and babies/children
- If nappies were included in the fees or not
- Looked what the nap set up was like- ie is there a separate area or is it part of the same room etc
- Drop off and pick up hours, and how many days a year open (a friend has recently also changed nursery because she found they were shutting loads at short notice due to staffing levels so maybe ask how often they unexpectedly have to shut?)
- Looked at security ie having to be buzzed in/ randoms can’t just walk in etc
- Looked at decorations on the wall as a sign of activities the children have done (note Montessori nurseries don’t tend to have anything on the walls as it’s part of the ethos)
- See whether they celebrate/mark any events- when I looked round it was during the jubilee so lots of places had flags up and said they were doing nursery tea parties etc, and Father’s Day was coming up so some said they were doing a breakfast for the kids and their dads

That said Baby Author hasn’t started yet, so I defer to the more experienced mums on this lovely board for anything they suggest checking/asking about!

• Heart
My first 6 months or so of periods were really heavy and painful.
I was very lucky to not have very painful period previously.
I was also having 2 periods a month for the first 6 months. Sometimes 3.
It takes a while for hormones to settle 😊
Urgh ok 🙈 i had a feeling it would come today as i have plans to meet the girls for a night out for the first time in over a year 🙄 so far i just have bleeding, no pain but i want to prepare myself for the worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
After my first baby it was a blood bath. I had never had heavy periods before this. I ended up going on medication to make them lighter as I was needing to change a tampon every 2 hours and who has the money or time for that 😂

• Wow
I generally look at childrens interactions with the adults. If the kids are happy to go over to them and spontaneously hug them for example, I’d consider that a plus. If there are a load of children just sat alone crying, I wouldn’t be happy. The interactions with adults are my main concern tbh.

Other things I look at, in no particular order:
-What’s included in the fees/do I need to send nappies, milk, lunches
-Do they support my various parenting decisions. Eg baby led weaning, I potty train relatively early, that kind of thing
-Do they open year round or are they term time only
-If your child has any allergies, ask about their allergy procedures
-How much structured activity they do compared to just free play

I don’t tend to worry about naps because weird things happen to babies with sleep at nursery. Don’t expect them to keep to your schedule

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like my body is trying to bring my period back but breastfeeding and my contraceptive injection are saying no 😂
Every time I feed I cramp and I’ve bled a tiny bit but nothing proper. I can’t tell if I’m going to get a proper one or not, 6 months without isn’t bad going if so
I only have the injection cause I hate periods and it stopped them before pregnancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.