New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not harsh at all, take the opportunity whilst you can, before long hell know the meaning behind it all and you're broke!
Cost of living and what not
Yes, that’s what I thought. I wasn’t going to get much for Christmas, but we have beady eyes and I can’t deal with the ‘why hasn’t baby got lots of presents?’ He literally had 1 box of nuby stuff for Christmas last year, so the 6yo wouldn’t notice 😂 he’s lucky he got anything! Couldn’t imagine Mr B running around Xmas eve to get the baby presents!!

Yes, that’s what I thought. I wasn’t going to get much for Christmas, but we have beady eyes and I can’t deal with the ‘why hasn’t baby got lots of presents?’ He literally had 1 box of nuby stuff for Christmas last year, so the 6yo wouldn’t notice 😂 he’s lucky he got anything! Couldn’t imagine Mr B running around Xmas eve to get the baby presents!!
The boy was born a week before Christmas, he got nothing his first Christmas he was like a week old!? For his second Christmas just after he turned 1 I just bought x amount of presents and split them down the middle so 3 for birthday 3 for Christmas and it's what I've done ever since. I find I don't spend as much then. But then find myself buying silly stuff throughout the year on the account of he has to wait a whole 12 months for both events😂🤦🏻‍♀️
December and Jan babies are hard!

Reactions: 2
The boy was born a week before Christmas, he got nothing his first Christmas he was like a week old!? For his second Christmas just after he turned 1 I just bought x amount of presents and split them down the middle so 3 for birthday 3 for Christmas and it's what I've done ever since. I find I don't spend as much then. But then find myself buying silly stuff throughout the year on the account of he has to wait a whole 12 months for both events😂🤦🏻‍♀️
December and Jan babies are hard!
Yes! I am so with you about buying loads throughout the year! Teen is a June baby, and it was so much easier as she’d have 6 months in between, which was perfect!
I think it’s so much easier to get away when you only have 1, or you still have other children believing in FC. Baby is going to hate me when he’s older 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We had a horrendous night with baby G last night. She refused to go to sleep, at first just pinging around the bed clapping and shouting and generally just being awake. 8pm came and went, then 9pm. And then she absolutely lost her tit - she was a complete overtired mess, screaming the house down and inconsolable. I tried everything I could think of to settle her but NOTHING worked, eventually she just fell asleep exhausted mid way through crying at about 11.15.

I was hoping that would mean she’d sleep through the night but she was back in our bed by 1am, and kept waking up crying throughout the night. I think I might have had about 2 hours sleep in total.

I was supposed to be in the office today but had to switch my days around and wfh because I feel like an actual zombie. Praying that last night was a one off because it very nearly sent me over the edge!
I am also in the zombie club today but not having to work so sending strength to you! (Although I am looking after baby and 3yo all day and 3yo is ill so it's not exactly a picnic over here 😂)
I think I got about 1.5-2 hours last night and in a very unusual move for me I cried when after finally getting baby to sleep at 4am after an hour and a half of trying and then getting to sleep myself (on the sofa holding baby but surrounded by cushions, no chance of falling Snoop!) 3yo woke up twenty minutes later and husband was too deep asleep so didn't wake up so I had to wake baby to go and look after toddler, had a little cry about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahhh! I was supposed to say this yesterday, but got distracted. Got a few bits for Christmas and the baby’s birthday. Although, I am thinking of not getting him anything for his birthday. Harsh? He’s only 1, and it’s Christmas the next day 🤔
No I’ve just got the twins a small toy each to open on their bday. Then for Xmas we’re getting them one of those pop up tunnel things. I’d rather save up for when they’re a bit older and actually know what a birthday is 😂

We had a horrendous night with baby G last night. She refused to go to sleep, at first just pinging around the bed clapping and shouting and generally just being awake. 8pm came and went, then 9pm. And then she absolutely lost her tit - she was a complete overtired mess, screaming the house down and inconsolable. I tried everything I could think of to settle her but NOTHING worked, eventually she just fell asleep exhausted mid way through crying at about 11.15.

I was hoping that would mean she’d sleep through the night but she was back in our bed by 1am, and kept waking up crying throughout the night. I think I might have had about 2 hours sleep in total.

I was supposed to be in the office today but had to switch my days around and wfh because I feel like an actual zombie. Praying that last night was a one off because it very nearly sent me over the edge!
We had a night like that recently with t2. It’s the most frustrating thing when you know they’re exhausted but just won’t go to sleep 😫.
hoping you get a better night tonight 🤞🏻

Reactions: 4
No I’ve just got the twins a small toy each to open on their bday. Then for Xmas we’re getting them one of those pop up tunnel things. I’d rather save up for when they’re a bit older and actually know what a birthday is
Read this as “pop up funeral things” and was like wow, that’s dark, but how does that work?
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Are we calling parents KWs or do we have another word? My OH is away with work for the night and I asked my mum to come to mine to watch baby while I deep cleaned the house before swimming & so he could nap on time and I could eat. She text this morning she’s not coming cause she’s hungover so now I’m stuck under a napping baby the air fryers pinged for my dinner the dogs being a needy dick swimming is in 50 minutes and I have no swimwear dry 😩
Who gets so drunk they can’t see their grandchild when it’s been planned for a week. I can’t stand more than one glass of alcohol as it is and between her and my OH after a drink I’m sure I’m right to feel how I do about it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Are we calling parents KWs or do we have another word? My OH is away with work for the night and I asked my mum to come to mine to watch baby while I deep cleaned the house before swimming & so he could nap on time and I could eat. She text this morning she’s not coming cause she’s hungover so now I’m stuck under a napping baby the air fryers pinged for my dinner the dogs being a needy dick swimming is in 50 minutes and I have no swimwear dry 😩
Who gets so drunk they can’t see their grandchild when it’s been planned for a week. I can’t stand more than one glass of alcohol as it is and between her and my OH after a drink I’m sure I’m right to feel how I do about it.
Not quite the same situation, but my mum is an alcoholic (currently not drinking afaik) and she is 100% the reason I don’t drink at all. Watching the fool she made of herself over and over, and watching her sleep half her days away then be hungover. Nah mate, I’m alright with a few cokes and the worst outcome being a set of furry teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We'll call parents TitWanks!

Sorry she's let you down Belle 😔

I'm really sorry, it's worse when they promise and then let you down than if they'd just said no in the first place 😔
I know it's frustrating when you've paid for something and see looking forward to it but if swimming will cause you more stress than not going then sack it off for this week, I used to be so rigid about going to every class for something I'd paid for but occasionally it's just not worth the stress!

Also my parents have issues with drink and drugs and it's awful, you have all my sympathy.

Reactions: 5
KW quote of the day:
“It’s a good job you’re not as ill as I was when I had this bug”

Yes darling, in fact I feel just as awful as you did but if I just went to bed for 36 hours like you did, someone would probably call social services on me for neglecting the children as apparently you can’t take any time off work 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
KW quote of the day:

Yes darling, in fact I feel just as awful as you did but if I just went to bed for 36 hours like you did, someone would probably call social services on me for neglecting the children as apparently you can’t take any time off work 🙄
My partner says things like this.
Or more so indirectly. He'll be talking to his Mum and be like "Luckily she didn't get it as bad as I did. I felt awful"
Mmm I did mate, I just didn't complain about it 24/7, I got on with it 🙃

• Angry
Probably a long shot but does anyone else have partners who are chronically ill/with no diagnosis in particular? OH has been for nearly two decades and it's life ruining, had every test, tried an insane amount of things to help himself, spent so many hours researching etc. But nothing. The system don't care about him at all, never have and just treat him like it's all in his head. He has incredible resilience considering but since Tommy that has all changed. Honestly it's breaking us. He (understandably) can't cope with the lack of sleep at all and it doesn't matter if I make the effort to give him more time, he can't sleep when he's stressed and clearly that has increased significantly since having Tommy, so he's sleeping maybe 1-2 hours a day maximum. He's shutting down and I don't know what to do. He won't go to the doctor because (again understandably) they never help him. But it's making his health worse as a whole and his mood is just so, so bad (he definitely wouldn't go to the doctor about mental health either). We have had such a hard year but things are just getting unbearable, we are struggling so badly with money, everything is getting on top of us and the health thing is just all too much. He's in a really dark place as well about thinking he's a "sick dad" who won't be able to give Tommy what he needs and it doesn't matter how much I say he doesn't need an active, strong Dad yada yada, just one who loves him, he doesn't hear it. I just don't know what to do anymore, it's hell. We just have too many things going on and it's all so overwhelming, I think having Tommy just took the last tiny thing he had to give. He keeps saying things like his life isn't worth living and not because he doesn't love us but because he'll never have the life he wants with us. It's killing me. I know he's badly depressed but he wouldn't ever take pills and we both find CBT is a load of bollocks and I just can't force him y'know? I'm just at my wits end and wondering if anyone else has experienced similar and what they do?
Oh lass, what a difficult set of circumstances. It's so hard not having anything to pin any hope on at all if there are no more doctor appointments or tests being run. Your OH being stuck on the 'this is the way it is and will never get better' mentality and therefore not looking into any soloutions has to be incredibly tough on you and your mental health, you're doing bloody well coping through this and Tommy and the job and family things that have cropped up too.

I can somewhat relate, Mr SI has been off work for weeks now with physical health issues that I am sure are related to his MH, as he's been changing his medication doses, but won't accept the link....even though the physical symptoms are the same with no tests churning up a 'reason' as just before he absolutely cracked it, went through some extremely dark times and went off to be an inpatient. It terrifies me at times as I gave so much of myself to him last time he was really really unwell, he was a danger to himself so I could basically never leave even for work, and I used up all my goodwill there, ran through savings, had to give up my hobbies and social life. They'd only had a short stay space for him and then turfed him out back home with community nursing a couple of times a day while he was still very much not okay and still bavigating visions and voices, but I couldn't have that around the baby now, but I couldn't kick him when he was down and ban him from his family either, it's such a tough spot.

The part I find the hardest is when it seems like they aren't trying to get better. It's hard when someone is ill, but it is easier to manage when they actively WANT to be well. I know metophorically even standing still can be difficult for them, let alone trying to make strides forward. But with all the burden of life falling on you, it can end up with you flip flopping between resentment and low self esteem at not being worthy enough for them to want to get better for. And then going back to being gutted for them because you love them.
This is such a ramble and I don't wnat to make it about me but I want you to know that you aren't alone xxxxx

Me and my husband call the grandparents the Old Goats, idk why. But they're always butting in/being annoying.
You're deffo right feeling cheesed off, having so much to drink on a weeknight that plans to help with a grandchild have to be cancelled ain't if and it's nor fair either.

KW quote of the day:

What a massive bit of rage bait!!! You're doing a good job with the kids = you're obviously not that ill is such an unfair stance as most mums will summon up any ounce of strength to see to little ones, even if it's at their own recovery detriment and makes being ill drag on longer than if they could just go to bed for a day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Not quite the same situation, but my mum is an alcoholic (currently not drinking afaik) and she is 100% the reason I don’t drink at all. Watching the fool she made of herself over and over, and watching her sleep half her days away then be hungover. Nah mate, I’m alright with a few cokes and the worst outcome being a set of furry teeth.
My mum and dad are both alcoholics but neither will admit as such. They’ve not been together since I was 14 but the fights wow, I always said I never want that for my child. I’ll have 1 drink and I’m done I don’t understand drinking to act like a dick or blackout and be rough the next day. I’ll stick to the diet cokes I can feel the fur from normal Coke reading that 😂

We'll call parents TitWanks!

Sorry she's let you down Belle 😔
I like that!

I'm really sorry, it's worse when they promise and then let you down than if they'd just said no in the first place 😔
I know it's frustrating when you've paid for something and see looking forward to it but if swimming will cause you more stress than not going then sack it off for this week, I used to be so rigid about going to every class for something I'd paid for but occasionally it's just not worth the stress!

Also my parents have issues with drink and drugs and it's awful, you have all my sympathy.
We made it to swimming he had a 10 minute Power Nap and was happy enough, I’m going to try to get him to have a couple of hours now 🤞🏼 it makes you never want to ask for help doesn’t it! Yet she’s always saying ‘oh I’ll look after him I’ll have him so you can sleep/gym/go out’ this was her prime opportunity and she threw it up the wall 🙄

Me and my husband call the grandparents the Old Goats, idk why. But they're always butting in/being annoying.
You're deffo right feeling cheesed off, having so much to drink on a weeknight that plans to help with a grandchild have to be cancelled ain't if and it's nor fair either.
I like that! Old goats makes so much sense!
She works mad shifts so this is her weekend but still on a Wednesday night it’s too much for me

• Heart
Solidarity with the TW let down grandparents 👎🏼

• Heart
KW quote of the day:

This sounds familiar. I was actually saying to my friend yesterday, I spent all day yesterday tiptoeing around Mr O as he was genuinely v ill. Not giving him extra special treatment, but just recognising that he was in no fit state for parenting or anything all day... but I was still resentful of it because I knew if the roles were reversed I wouldn't get the same treatment.

• Sad
  • Heart
On the topic of grandparents, my dad came out with a classic the other day: “Presumably on the days you work from home you won’t need to pay for childcare as baby author can just be home with you”.

Even my KW had the decency to roll his eyes at that comment and later laughed about it with me that only someone who had never really looked after kids would think you could do a full time job at the same time!

On the topic of grandparents, my dad came out with a classic the other day: “Presumably on the days you work from home you won’t need to pay for childcare as baby author can just be home with you”.

Even my KW had the decency to roll his eyes at that comment and later laughed about it with me that only someone who had never really looked after kids would think you could do a full time job at the same time!
This! But also I think that some of the older generation who have never worked from home think it's code for "watch TV and do no work" 🙄
I have to constantly explain to my mum that yes, I do actually do work when I WFH, and in fact I usually get more done and work harder as there are fewer distractions!

• Heart
Baby Cupcake is 7.5 months old and has had 3 teeth come through in the last 3 weeks. He’s been extra twisty this morning and when I’ve had a look I can see the hole in his gum where his other top tooth is starting to poke through. Is this normal?! I feel like he’s going to have a full set of gnashers by the time he’s 9 months if he keeps going at this rate!

I work full time from home, with baby and 2.5 days a week toddler, because I refuse to pay for childcare 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.