• I’m still pregnant and just reading ahead

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I’m snoop doggy dog

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll be honest and say this time the thread title is my own personal tale of woe rather than anything from the thread. I haven’t been paying as much attention this last week as between being away, eldest’s hospital admission and now baby’s bug, my hands, brain and washing machine are at full capacity.

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Borntorun thanks for setting up a new thread will all that you’re coping with at the moment! Hope you manage to dodge the bug.

good luck to all the mums going back to work today, hope it goes well 🍀

I have a question for you seasoned mamas. Baby T is usually fed on demand (BF), and the last few mornings he’s not been fussed about having any milk when he wakes up, yesterday he only had a few minutes worth and today he didn’t have any at all. He does usually wake up at about 5am and has the boob for a while until he goes back to sleep, and then wakes up roughly around 7. He has breakfast and eats quite a lot of that, so is he just dropping a feed? He’s nearly 8 months, so I just want to make sure it’s normal.

Reactions: 3
my morning started out with me flooding the bathroom. Baby Bluebird desperately needed a bath and she’s decided she now hates before and after the bath so screams her head off once she’s out. So I pulled up the drain stopper on our baby bath and let it run. I’m not sat here in bed feeding her and have looked up to see my bathroom floor covered in water.

I stink and need to shower so I really hope she naps after this feeding.

Oh and the cat threw up at the top of the open stairs and I’m pretty sure his vomit hit every stair and splattered all over.

Had a chat with myself yesterday that I need to improve my patience and resilience so I guess this is a great day to practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good luck to all of the mamas returning to work today! Just think of alllll of the hot drinks you’ll be able to enjoy and also the loveliest smiles that you will get from your little ones when you’re reunited tonight! ❤

I’m feeling far too emotional about the fact I’ve just ticked the 7-9 month option 😥😥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Borntorun thanks for setting up a new thread will all that you’re coping with at the moment! Hope you manage to dodge the bug.

I have a question for you seasoned mamas. Baby T is usually fed on demand (BF), and the last few mornings he’s not been fussed about having any milk when he wakes up, yesterday he only had a few minutes worth and today he didn’t have any at all. He does usually wake up at about 5am and has the boob for a while until he goes back to sleep, and then wakes up roughly around 7. He has breakfast and eats quite a lot of that, so is he just dropping a feed? He’s nearly 8 months, so I just want to make sure it’s normal.
How ungrateful of him 🤣 you are there, offering your hard made milk, and he is rudely refusing!
Sounds like he is happy enough to drop that feed, so just go with it. He may pick it up again in a week or a month - if a cold hits, or teething, or a growth spurt. As long as you keep listening to him and feeding as and when he wants you won’t go wrong at all ❤ Sounds like you’re both doing fabulously

Good luck today @onlyheretoorbit @Lulu Goss xxx

• Heart

T doesn’t have milk when he wakes up and never really has done oddly apart from when he was a tiny baby, he just goes straight for breakfast now then has milk before his nap so I wouldn’t worry about it 😊 (tbf I hope it’s fine…I’ve done no further research into this topic just gone with the flow 🤣) He is 9 months tomorrow (cry).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks girls for all the replies to my weight question, and I’m sorry so many of you all feel the same. You all hit the nail on the head, I just have no style anymore or time to do anything to make me feel good!!

Baby has woken with a cold and he’s so sniffly bless him 😭

• Heart
How ungrateful of him 🤣 you are there, offering your hard made milk, and he is rudely refusing!
Sounds like he is happy enough to drop that feed, so just go with it. He may pick it up again in a week or a month - if a cold hits, or teething, or a growth spurt. As long as you keep listening to him and feeding as and when he wants you won’t go wrong at all ❤ Sounds like you’re both doing fabulously
T doesn’t have milk when he wakes up and never really has done oddly apart from when he was a tiny baby, he just goes straight for breakfast now then has milk before his nap so I wouldn’t worry about it 😊 (tbf I hope it’s fine…I’ve done no further research into this topic just gone with the flow 🤣) He is 9 months tomorrow (cry).
Thanks both, I’ll just follow his lead but it does seem like he’s dropping that first feed :cry: I’m sad about it, but equally relieved that this could be the start of me getting my boobs back 😆

my morning started out with me flooding the bathroom. Baby Bluebird desperately needed a bath and she’s decided she now hates before and after the bath so screams her head off once she’s out. So I pulled up the drain stopper on our baby bath and let it run. I’m not sat here in bed feeding her and have looked up to see my bathroom floor covered in water.

I stink and need to shower so I really hope she naps after this feeding.

Oh and the cat threw up at the top of the open stairs and I’m pretty sure his vomit hit every stair and splattered all over.

Had a chat with myself yesterday that I need to improve my patience and resilience so I guess this is a great day to practice.
if it helps, baby T went through a stage of screaming his head off every time he got out of the bath, it made it so stressful but it didn’t last too long, he loves them now. When he was screaming after every bath, I just changed the routine a bit so I would just wrap him up in a big towel and then pick him up and distract him by something like looking out of the window, and once all was calm I’d then put cream on him and get him dressed etc, it ended pretty soon after that. I hope your day improves after a rubbish start!

Reactions: 2
Thanks both, I’ll just follow his lead but it does seem like he’s dropping that first feed :cry: I’m sad about it, but equally relieved that this could be the start of me getting my boobs back 😆

if it helps, baby T went through a stage of screaming his head off every time he got out of the bath, it made it so stressful but it didn’t last too long, he loves them now. When he was screaming after every bath, I just changed the routine a bit so I would just wrap him up in a big towel and then pick him up and distract him by something like looking out of the window, and once all was calm I’d then put cream on him and get him dressed etc, it ended pretty soon after that. I hope your day improves after a rubbish start!
That’s excellent advice! I worry she’ll get too cold since we don’t have the heating on yet so I hurry to dress her. But wrapping her up and distracting her is an excellent idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
First overnight for work tonight since having this baba! First one in ages actually probably pre covid. She currently wakes a bazillion times for boob so will be interesting to see how my husband fares. Maybe I’ll come back to a baby who sleeps through 🤷🏻‍♀️ HA or I’ll just rock myself silently tonight through my tears as she refuses to sleep back home. Or I’ll get mastitis.

Am I looking forward to an uninterrupted night yeeeeeees I am. Going to buy snacks and enjoy my restaurant meal then veg out to tv and sleep alllll night in my hotel bed. Enjoy my cooked breakfast in the morning and not get up at 6am.

But also I feel like the worst mum in the world 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't believe Elanna is 6 and a half months old already. Little bugger has the commando crawl down to a T and its so fast. I think I blink and she is across the room. And we may have lost our sanity pure and simple, but she's going to be a big sister. Going to be about 15 months between them so if anyone has 2 close in age, please share you tips!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can't believe Elanna is 6 and a half months old already. Little bugger has the commando crawl down to a T and its so fast. I think I blink and she is across the room. And we may have lost our sanity pure and simple, but she's going to be a big sister. Going to be about 15 months between them so if anyone has 2 close in age, please share you tips!
Oh wow congratulations! I have no advice as mine are nearly 3 years apart so quite different!

Also the fast commando crawling is such hard work, I've had to put the travel cot downstairs as a playpen for if I need to leave him for a minute. He has also learned to get to sitting independently but then easily falls and hurts himself so if I leave the room he's guaranteed to crawl to the most dangerous spot, sit up and then fall 🙃🤕

Oh this is lovely, huge congrats 💕💕💕

We have a 19 month age gap so semi similar, it’s chaotic at first but now they’re absolutely inseparable and I know it’s cliche but watching their bond grow is just the best and most heart warming thing ever. I was actually just thinking to myself this morning how brilliant it is that we were able to give my eldest a sibling with a smaller age gap because it teaches them so much that you don’t even realise.

My biggest tips are go easy on yourself and your expectations of your household, not everything can and needs to be cleaned every minute of every day and if it needs to be left then leave it so you can rest while you get a second and also not everything will go to plan - accept, take a deep breath and try again later, you do find you roll with the punches a lot more. Get a really decent double buggy that can go literally everywhere on all terrains to take the anxiety out of taking 2 out of the house (the out and about v4 double has been my absolute godsend) oh and….always do your big shop online for delivery 😅 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Congratulations 🥳🥳
I have no tips! But they will have the best bond! And Bugaboo donkey is your best friend can be a double and single for whenever you need it😂

The OH has just nonchalantly said ‘oh I forgot to tell you, the baby almost rolled off the sofa a few weeks ago his head was off the edge but I caught him just in time and went back to the tv’ sorry mate what? Knobwaffle.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The OH has just nonchalantly said ‘oh I forgot to tell you, the baby almost rolled off the sofa a few weeks ago his head was off the edge but I caught him just in time and went back to the tv’ sorry mate what? Knobwaffle.
Im sure we’ve all been there, but to not even tell you at the time! Imagine if you’d have left him on the sofa/bed and he rolled off! I’m sure most of us have been there!

Reactions: 4
Congratulations ❤ How lovely they’ll be so close! Not sure how it works with diff ages but for twins keeping them on the same schedule keeps me sane. Organisation is key! If you’re looking for a tandem pram I can recommend the cybex gazelle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.