New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh lass, what a difficult set of circumstances. It's so hard not having anything to pin any hope on at all if there are no more doctor appointments or tests being run. Your OH being stuck on the 'this is the way it is and will never get better' mentality and therefore not looking into any soloutions has to be incredibly tough on you and your mental health, you're doing bloody well coping through this and Tommy and the job and family things that have cropped up too.

I can somewhat relate, Mr SI has been off work for weeks now with physical health issues that I am sure are related to his MH, as he's been changing his medication doses, but won't accept the link....even though the physical symptoms are the same with no tests churning up a 'reason' as just before he absolutely cracked it, went through some extremely dark times and went off to be an inpatient. It terrifies me at times as I gave so much of myself to him last time he was really really unwell, he was a danger to himself so I could basically never leave even for work, and I used up all my goodwill there, ran through savings, had to give up my hobbies and social life. They'd only had a short stay space for him and then turfed him out back home with community nursing a couple of times a day while he was still very much not okay and still bavigating visions and voices, but I couldn't have that around the baby now, but I couldn't kick him when he was down and ban him from his family either, it's such a tough spot.

The part I find the hardest is when it seems like they aren't trying to get better. It's hard when someone is ill, but it is easier to manage when they actively WANT to be well. I know metophorically even standing still can be difficult for them, let alone trying to make strides forward. But with all the burden of life falling on you, it can end up with you flip flopping between resentment and low self esteem at not being worthy enough for them to want to get better for. And then going back to being gutted for them because you love them.
This is such a ramble and I don't wnat to make it about me but I want you to know that you aren't alone xxxxx

Me and my husband call the grandparents the Old Goats, idk why. But they're always butting in/being annoying.
You're deffo right feeling cheesed off, having so much to drink on a weeknight that plans to help with a grandchild have to be cancelled ain't if and it's nor fair either.

What a massive bit of rage bait!!! You're doing a good job with the kids = you're obviously not that ill is such an unfair stance as most mums will summon up any ounce of strength to see to little ones, even if it's at their own recovery detriment and makes being ill drag on longer than if they could just go to bed for a day.
Thank you ❤ I'm so sorry you all went through that, it sounds so bloody difficult, you are an absolute rockstar for getting through it all. I hope you are all doing better now xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I work full time from home, with baby and 2.5 days a week toddler, because I refuse to pay for childcare 😂
I take my hat off to you- those are levels of multi tasking that are definitely beyond me! I only have Baby author and already know that it wouldn’t work for us.

Reactions: 5
I take my hat off to you- those are levels of multi tasking that are definitely beyond me! I only have Baby author and already know that it wouldn’t work for us.
100% would not work for me either, I can't even imagine how you'd do it! I have had to attend the odd meeting in the past over Teams on one of my non working days so I had my eldest with me, when she was little I'd usually try to time it for a feed and then turn my camera off, mute myself and hope I didn't have to say much or it was just chaos with her around! I genuinely don't think I could do fifteen minutes of work with the kids around, nevermind a full time job!

Reactions: 3
Guys I can hardly even look after my kids with my kids around, let alone be a functioning member of the work force. Dunno how people have managed it these last two and a half years, it’s honestly mind blowing to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I mainly work from home and used to do about 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, now I'm lucky if I manage 1. Main reason we are so skint, absolutely blows my mind you boss babes who manage it. I was so bloody naive thinking I could make it work!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys I can hardly even look after my kids with my kids around, let alone be a functioning member of the work force. Dunno how people have managed it these last two and a half years, it’s honestly mind blowing to me.
I WFH during the first lockdown with a three year old and to be honest I have blocked it out 🤣😳

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I WFH during the first lockdown with a three year old and to be honest I have blocked it out 🤣😳
Ugh lockdown. I'm really lucky that I only had to do this for about two months but I returned off my first mat leave mid lockdown and had to do a crazy arrangement whereby I worked half my hours (luckily only part time to begin with) at the correct time and half of them evenings and weekends and then me and my husband shared looking after our eldest, but it meant we both worked every evening and tag teamed at the weekend so we had no down time whatsoever, it was brutal but I feel very lucky that I didn't have to try to do my job with a one year old in tow as that would have been impossible.

• Heart
God I'm so annoyed. I'm really OCD with my house (manifested from anxiety yay) and KW knows this - everything has to be in place (obviously apart from the toys) else I get really aggy and can't settle. He came home from work at 7, went straight out to the gym. I've just come up to put all 3 kids to bed and it's an actual tit tip - clothes hanging out of the drawers, wet towels all over the bed. It just irks me so much, I do everything for you just clean up after your bloody self!!

Also just lost my patience with my 8yo, her attitude towards me stinks and we are just arguing so much at the moment which makes me feel bloody awful.

Send wine, and jesus

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God I'm so annoyed. I'm really OCD with my house (manifested from anxiety yay) and KW knows this - everything has to be in place (obviously apart from the toys) else I get really aggy and can't settle. He came home from work at 7, went straight out to the gym. I've just come up to put all 3 kids to bed and it's an actual tit tip - clothes hanging out of the drawers, wet towels all over the bed. It just irks me so much, I do everything for you just clean up after your bloody self!!

Also just lost my patience with my 8yo, her attitude towards me stinks and we are just arguing so much at the moment which makes me feel bloody awful.

Send wine, and jesus
I hear you about your daughter. My 9yo daughter is similar. She seems to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder, and can be quite tricky. We argue a lot and I hate it. We are so similar as well, which doesn’t help.

• Heart
I hear you about your daughter. My 9yo daughter is similar. She seems to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder, and can be quite tricky. We argue a lot and I hate it. We are so similar as well, which doesn’t help.
Bless you, it's a tough age. We are so alike as well so we just clash. I want to be close with her, especially when she goes through her teen years for obvious reasons. It just seems impossible at this point!

100% would not work for me either, I can't even imagine how you'd do it! I have had to attend the odd meeting in the past over Teams on one of my non working days so I had my eldest with me, when she was little I'd usually try to time it for a feed and then turn my camera off, mute myself and hope I didn't have to say much or it was just chaos with her around! I genuinely don't think I could do fifteen minutes of work with the kids around, nevermind a full time job!
I don’t answer phones. Well, I should, but I always say the baby moans 😂 it’s a very small company. I take the baby in the office when I’m in. I even bought a highchair for the office 😂 the company is so laid back, and to be honest, as long as I’m doing work they are fine. The only thing is, I am not giving the baby the full attention he needs, which honestly, breaks my heart 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bless you, it's a tough age. We are so alike as well so we just clash. I want to be close with her, especially when she goes through her teen years for obvious reasons. It just seems impossible at this point!
I am so happy to hear it’s not just me (although sorry you’re going through the same). I don’t have any friends who have a daughter the same age who seem to struggle with them (not that I know of anyway). I’ve been feeling awful about it for a while as it just doesn’t feel like it should be this hard with her 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t answer phones. Well, I should, but I always say the baby moans 😂 it’s a very small company. I take the baby in the office when I’m in. I even bought a highchair for the office 😂 the company is so laid back, and to be honest, as long as I’m doing work they are fine. The only thing is, I am not giving the baby the full attention he needs, which honestly, breaks my heart 💔
But you are giving a really good example of being a multitasking badass!
My work would definitely not be cool with me working with a child in any way shape or form 😂

• Heart
Ugh lockdown. I'm really lucky that I only had to do this for about two months but I returned off my first mat leave mid lockdown and had to do a crazy arrangement whereby I worked half my hours (luckily only part time to begin with) at the correct time and half of them evenings and weekends and then me and my husband shared looking after our eldest, but it meant we both worked every evening and tag teamed at the weekend so we had no down time whatsoever, it was brutal but I feel very lucky that I didn't have to try to do my job with a one year old in tow as that would have been impossible.
God that sounds stressful and tiring. I was only doing 9-5 Monday - Wednesday and that was hard enough. I take my hat off to you

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am so happy to hear it’s not just me (although sorry you’re going through the same). I don’t have any friends who have a daughter the same age who seem to struggle with them (not that I know of anyway). I’ve been feeling awful about it for a while as it just doesn’t feel like it should be this hard with her 😩
My mum says I was exactly the same at her age, so its Karma for me!! My niece is 10 and her and her mum are exactly the same, girls are tough!!

• Heart

Send wine, and jesus
Jesus could turn water into wine for you 😉

• Haha
👋🏻 Hello!
The 9yo is like this too 🙃
His attitude stinks at the moment refusal to follow any instruction nor do his homework (or even bother bringing it home)
It's gotta be a hormone thing hasn't it?!

• Heart
👋🏻 Hello!
The 9yo is like this too 🙃
His attitude stinks at the moment refusal to follow any instruction nor do his homework (or even bother bringing it home)
It's gotta be a hormone thing hasn't it?!
Oh yes the homework thing, two times this week I've asked where her spellings are to be told she doesn't have them this week. Went in her bag this morning to get her kit out to wash and it's there all scrumpled up with maths homework too! Such a tit, will never take her word for it now! I think hormones 1000%, I guess this is just a taster of the teenage years god help us :eek:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.