New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like my body is trying to bring my period back but breastfeeding and my contraceptive injection are saying no 😂
Every time I feed I cramp and I’ve bled a tiny bit but nothing proper. I can’t tell if I’m going to get a proper one or not, 6 months without isn’t bad going if so
I only have the injection cause I hate periods and it stopped them before pregnancy
I have the injection and I get a very light period every 3 months. But the cramps I get are ridiculous!
I've never had painful periods but since being on the depo, they've been awfully painful

Middle of the night words of wisdom from sleeping husband.

As I'm trying to settle baby back to sleep in his next to me crib: "Just press the tummy to turn it off". 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

As I'm trying to settle baby back to sleep in his next to me crib: "Just press the tummy to turn it off". 😂😂
Is this the answer we’ve all been needing 😱

KW has cracked it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Ahhh is this what we have been doing wrong all this time. Has anyone tried pressing the tummy!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I mean... Has anyone actually tried it though? He might be on to something... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
After my first baby it was a blood bath. I had never had heavy periods before this. I ended up going on medication to make them lighter as I was needing to change a tampon every 2 hours and who has the money or time for that 😂
Oh god 🙈 ok so it seems that they become the opposite of what they were before, well hopefully in my case they become less painful because before my coil they were horrendous 😨

Oh god 🙈 ok so it seems that they become the opposite of what they were before, well hopefully in my case they become less painful because before my coil they were horrendous 😨
So I don’t have a huge amount of experience really (I’ve had about 20 periods in the last decade with pregnancies and breastfeeding).But mine are massively less painful now than prekids. Still very heavy, but the cramps weren’t as bad as before.

That said my last period was in June 2020 so I may be misremembering 🤣

Reactions: 1
I have a question, my baby is 7 weeks old, shes not breastfed (sore subject) and today i have woken up to blood in my underwear, i am fairly certain its aunt flo returning after 11 months away 🙄 as my post partum bleeding stopped 5 & half weeks after birth. So my question is simply what should i expect, how were your first periods after birth assuming you have had them yet? Before i became pregnant i had the mirena coil fitted as i used to have really painful periods, after having it removed my periods were a dream before i got pregnant so i am hoping they go back to before but i am not sure.
I’m 8 weeks PP today, I started mine just before I was 6w. I have to be honest with you and say it’s the most horrendous period I have EVER had. It was so much worse than my bleeding just after birth, I was constantly leaking and the cramps were horrific. But it did just come to an abrupt end on day 5 which was quite nice cos it was almost a surprise 😂 I’m hoping it might settle a little for my next one but hopefully yours isn’t as bad as mine was 😅💀

I have PCOS and another hormonal condition so before little Lantern my periods where whack, really painful and super far apart. Since I had him 8 months ago I've had 3 periods and while the frequency/flow hasn't changed, they haven't been painful at all. I'm hoping it will stick!

When I picked baby o up from nursery yesterday they said that if she wasn’t sick again they’d have her back today so I took her in. Felt horribly guilty all morning so I called to check up on her and she’s fine.

Then her key worker said that so far baby o has been watching the other babies but not really joining in with them, but today she keeps following them around and sitting next to them 🥺 so now I’m sat here crying worrying about her making friends and hoping the other babies will play with her 😭

• Heart
I have the injection and I get a very light period every 3 months. But the cramps I get are ridiculous!
I've never had painful periods but since being on the depo, they've been awfully painful
I never used to even get cramps on it, I forgot what a period and its symptoms were for the 3 years I was last on it. I lost weight as well, safe to say it’s not the same this time 😂

When I picked baby o up from nursery yesterday they said that if she wasn’t sick again they’d have her back today so I took her in. Felt horribly guilty all morning so I called to check up on her and she’s fine.

Then her key worker said that so far baby o has been watching the other babies but not really joining in with them, but today she keeps following them around and sitting next to them 🥺 so now I’m sat here crying worrying about her making friends and hoping the other babies will play with her 😭
If it is any consolation kids don’t really play together until 3+. Before that most kids play alongside - so they may mirror what others are doing, move to the same place etc -but don’t really play WITH. X

If it is any consolation kids don’t really play together until 3+. Before that most kids play alongside - so they may mirror what others are doing, move to the same place etc -but don’t really play WITH. X
That makes me feel better. They said at story time she takes herself off to sit in between kids so I’m guessing that’s a good sign ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That makes me feel better. They said at story time she takes herself off to sit in between kids so I’m guessing that’s a good sign ☺
I think that’s really great. She obviously enjoys the other kids’ company, and is comfortable making a move towards people. All very good signs! None of my older 3 would go near an unknown person - adult or child - at that age!

Reactions: 5

When I picked up toddler from preschool this week, his key worker said that he’s finally playing with people, which broke me, because he’s been there since January and I thought he’d have loads of friends 😂 I honestly didn’t expect to be told that as the other kids have always been social (older than baby O though. More like 2)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Omfg I am the KW. I just tore the house apart looking for a dummy with the baby screaming…. Turns out I had somehow zipped it in his bodysuit when I got him changed 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Omfg I am the KW. I just tore the house apart looking for a dummy with the baby screaming…. Turns out I had somehow zipped it in his bodysuit when I got him changed 🤦🏻‍♀️
Nah not a KW, just a frazzled mum!

once, many years ago, my eldest had a really unsettled night, crying loads and seemed very upset. Next morning I discovered a biro pen in her sleep suit with her 🙈 presumably poking her all night which is why she was so cross!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Baby o often gets hers lost in her sleeping bag. She had one underneath her mattress for over a week 🤷🏻‍♀️ very easily done! They’re always hardest to find when you need them the most - the rest of the time it feels like you’re tripping over them 😂

Baby o often gets hers lost in her sleeping bag. She had one underneath her mattress for over a week 🤷🏻‍♀️ very easily done! They’re always hardest to find when you need them the most - the rest of the time it feels like you’re tripping over them 😂
We have found all sorts in my toddlers sleeping bag, never thought I’d lose something in a bodysuit though 😅

off to buy a back up pack tomorrow i think!

For some reason I thought you were talking about the Biro and I was just imagining Baby O sitting around the house surrounded by her Biros, penning the next Harry Potter or some tit 😭 :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.