New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh well if you’re doing something wrong to make her not sleep I’ve been doing it all wrong for 8yrs 🤣 I’m not a great sleeper myself (even pre-kids) so I don’t then think it’s weird that my kids don’t sleep well. I suppose I could try and do something to make them self settle but tbh… I’m lazy 🙈 I stopped talking to people about my kids’ sleep years ago for the same reasons. When people ask “are you getting any sleep?” I always just smile and say “Yes, thankfully”.

Glad to hear she’s growing so well 🥰 hopefully you get seen soon
Exactly this - there seems to be a lot of expectation about babies sleeping through the night but as an adult I always wake up a couple of times in the night, as do most adults I know! Not sure why we put so much pressure on babies to do what lots of adults can’t! That said, I can’t wait to have slightly fewer wake ups 🤣🤣 @OIM I don’t have any advice sorry but good luck back to work on Wednesday, hope it all goes okay for you!

Reactions: 3
Hey! My little one had an umbilical hernia, I honestly wouldn’t worry. They don’t do anything at this age for them unless it goes red/sore which is a sign of infection but in general they fix themselves. My little boys hernia disappeared when he was about 12 weeks old. It freaked me out but it was fine.
Really? Did it pop out? Cos my little boys really pops out. Sometimes it sticks out more than usual. Why does it do that? Is your little boys belly button all normal now then? Xx

Found a pic! It looked like this.. you could pop it all the way back in but then as soon as he wriggled it would pop out again. It just felt quite squidgy but never caused him any bother. When he moved it definitely bulged more 🤢 my gp saw it at his first vaccination appt and said don’t worry at all unless there are signs of infection obviously. But yep his bellybutton is competely back to normal now, it literally happened overnight ☺ I’m not entirely sure why it happens but honestly I wouldn’t worry!
C05DBC2A-9A6E-4556-B441-6510E5CE7343.png

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Found a pic! It looked like this.. you could pop it all the way back in but then as soon as he wriggled it would pop out again. It just felt quite squidgy but never caused him any bother. When he moved it definitely bulged more 🤢 my gp saw it at his first vaccination appt and said don’t worry at all unless there are signs of infection obviously. But yep his bellybutton is competely back to normal now, it literally happened overnight ☺ I’m not entirely sure why it happens but honestly I wouldn’t worry! View attachment 738285
Ahhh thanks hun 🥰🥰 yeh my little boys bulges more when he wriggles and moves! It sticks out so much and is all squishy too. But I feel better now you have experienced the same thing. He's having his vaccines on Monday so I shall show him then. Thanks so much for replying and sharing your experience,its put my mind at ease xxx

• Heart
Hi 👋🏼 so I was a bit of a lurker on the pregnancy thread but had my baby 2 days ago so thought I'd join this one now. Reeeeeeallly just needed to vent because a family member just asked if I was going to start my diet now.... I GAVE BIRTH 2 bleeping DAYS AGO 😭😭 needless to say I sat and cried when they left, hormones and all that.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Hi 👋🏼 so I was a bit of a lurker on the pregnancy thread but had my baby 2 days ago so thought I'd join this one now. Reeeeeeallly just needed to vent because a family member just asked if I was going to start my diet now.... I GAVE BIRTH 2 bleeping DAYS AGO 😭😭 needless to say I sat and cried when they left, hormones and all that.
Oh my goodness that is absolutely VILE behaviour, I’m so sorry that someone said that to you. They are lucky to have been invited over to see your beautiful new baby (so I’m assuming a very close relative) and they have the audacity to be such absolute duck witted dick heads? Unbelievable 😡😡😡😡😡

From now on I think we should all vow that when someone asks us if we are going to start our diet we look them dead in the eye and say “why would I need to diet?” I’m sure not many people would have a comeback for that unless they are a total bleep. And if they have the nerve to say anything after that, good luck to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bless my husband. He just took dummies out the steriliser and ran them under cold water so ‘they’d be clean and fresh’. I asked him what he thought the steriliser was for haha. He’s been amazing these last few days and has stepped up so much, I think he just had a major brain fart hahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi ladies, I feel like a bit of a fraud joining I should still be pregnant and still don't feel like I'm the twins mum whilst I'm in NICU. But for any one who has had nicu babies does the guilt of leaving them and not being the one caring for them all the time ever leave you? I'm not sleeping because I just feel so immensely guilty I'm not with them and it's giving me the most awful headaches that when i do go to NICU I'm struggling with the noises 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies, I feel like a bit of a fraud joining I should still be pregnant and still don't feel like I'm the twins mum whilst I'm in NICU. But for any one who has had nicu babies does the guilt of leaving them and not being the one caring for them all the time ever leave you? I'm not sleeping because I just feel so immensely guilty I'm not with them and it's giving me the most awful headaches that when i do go to NICU I'm struggling with the noises 😔
hi I’ve been thinking of you. No advice based on experience and I can’t imagine how hard it is but I can only say the thing that you have to remember to hopefully ease your guilt (which must be awful for you) is knowing that they’re in the right place getting looked after. It’s a necessary thing and it’ll end and they’ll get to come home nice and healthy with you soon. They won’t remember any of this one day, all they’ll know is that you’re their mummy and that you love them so much. Sending all the love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way and I do think it's very common!
My partner had a baby in nicu for a week as he was born extremely prematurely and he's said at the time, it was horrible to leave him. Even though there was nothing he could do at all and the poor baby was only just 24 weeks.
But he also said similar that he felt so guilty about it because it should've been his job.
He literally said the only thing he was thinking was that it's was for his sons own good. He doesn't know any different and if he were to survive, he wouldn't remember it at all. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wish I had some advice for you, but I have lots of love instead (not so useful). I can’t imagine how horrendous this is for you and your OH, and your son too. Are you still in hospital or have you been allowed home? You should ask in NICU if they have anyone you can talk to, because I imagine all families who end up in NICU need support x

• Heart
I wish I had some advice for you, but I have lots of love instead (not so useful). I can’t imagine how horrendous this is for you and your OH, and your son too. Are you still in hospital or have you been allowed home? You should ask in NICU if they have anyone you can talk to, because I imagine all families who end up in NICU need support x
I'm home from hospital but I am in hospital accommodation so it's not too bad I still feel like I am close to them. But I need to go home soon as my son still needs me to be his mummy too 😔. There's a lot of trauma counselling offered and lots of support groups I don't think I could do it to be honest. Thank you for allowing me to vent on here!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My wee one keeps choking (not real choking but thats what it sounds like) on almost like thick saliva/sick. Always happens during the night and her wee nose sounds so stuffy. I've never jumped up so fast in my life as I did last night when it happened its so scary 😭 totally fine during the day or after she's had some milk.it's so odd but means she's been in with me cos I'm too scared to leave her in her crib even though it's right beside the bed 🙈

I'm home from hospital but I am in hospital accommodation so it's not too bad I still feel like I am close to them. But I need to go home soon as my son still needs me to be his mummy too 😔. There's a lot of trauma counselling offered and lots of support groups I don't think I could do it to be honest. Thank you for allowing me to vent on here!
Vent away. We might be no physical help but you can let it all out to us. Sometimes the anonymity of online is great for that.

My wee one keeps choking (not real choking but thats what it sounds like) on almost like thick saliva/sick. Always happens during the night and her wee nose sounds so stuffy. I've never jumped up so fast in my life as I did last night when it happened its so scary 😭 totally fine during the day or after she's had some milk.it's so odd but means she's been in with me cos I'm too scared to leave her in her crib even though it's right beside the bed 🙈
Have you tried raising up her bed at one end?Might help her keep whatever it is down?

Vent away. We might be no physical help but you can let it all out to us. Sometimes the anonymity of online is great for that.

Have you tried raising up her bed at one end?Might help her keep whatever it is down?
Totally never thought of that I'll try that tonight. Thank you!

• Heart
Postpartum bleeding: did you find that you had lost one day and not much the next and then a lot the next day etc? I thought it would be steadily heavy and then gradually get lighter like a period but it’s been all over the place and I never know what to expect. Is this pretty standard?

Postpartum bleeding: did you find that you had lost one day and not much the next and then a lot the next day etc? I thought it would be steadily heavy and then gradually get lighter like a period but it’s been all over the place and I never know what to expect. Is this pretty standard?
It was for me! My bleeding was very up and down, after about 3 weeks it stopped for a week completely then came back really heavy- which was a lovely surprise 😫

The amount I bled would be dependant on how much I was doing. So if I was resting, I wouldn’t bleed much but I went out shopping or for walks, I’d bleed more. It eventually did just get lighter and stop after a few weeks

Reactions: 5
Mine was constantly changing. At some points it would stop for a whole day and then the next be back in full force.
Was like that for around 5 weeks!

Same for me, mine would be very up and down, and also dependent on what I was doing. Mine lasted 9 weeks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.