New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I put baby in bed, and my partner does the 3 year old...
Everleigh has gone straight to sleep, and we came up a bit earlier, so I'm finished. But my 3 year old goes to bed at 7. I refuse to help. So I'm just laying on the bed 😂
Not leaving the bedroom until he's put her to bed 😂
My husband and I have I similar stand off on going. I do baby, he does 3yo at 7pm. Then the 5yo is in bed at 7.30 but we both don’t want to bother getting back up to go and sort him so we both just hang on until someone cracks 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
At what age did your babies have bedtimes? Mine falls asleep anytime between 8.30-10.30 - like with the naps is it just a case of going with the flow until she’s falls asleep more consistently at the same time?

Reactions: 1
At what age did your babies have bedtimes? Mine falls asleep anytime between 8.30-10.30 - like with the naps is it just a case of going with the flow until she’s falls asleep more consistently at the same time?
Yes I think that’s it, it will work itself out as she gets older. I remember with my eldest she started out with a bedtime of about 8.30 as that’s when she was tired, and then as her naps changed it got earlier and earlier. I think don’t necessarily worry so much about the exact time, rather just watching for signs of that tiredness, and if you want to implement some bedtime routines (eg bath/story etc) start when you see those signs.
My 5mo is generally ready for the night around 7, but could be 6.45 or could be 7.30 depending on his previous nap.

I wouldn't say she has a bed time exactly but we've sort of fallen into a routine around her that she has a bottle anywhere between 6 and 7 and she's ready to sleep.
So that's kind of become her bed time. Whatever time that bottle is due.
But that's literally been since around 5 months.

My 4 month old usually goes to bed around 10pm which works fine for me as I don’t have any other kids or responsibilities so we tend to get up at 9am! My partner will do his last feed at 9pm.

Reactions: 4
I had the same for my two (now 12 and 11 - 15 months apart) and I did low lights, bottle/feed bath and bed nighttime routine from around a couple weeks to show them difference between night and day. I started off later the younger they were so 10pm from a couple weeks and then as they got older I slowly reduced it to 7pm. Only now they have started secondary school they go to bed at 8.30 and have always been great sleepers. I think the day/night time difference was very important and although I co-slept and breastfed my second (first was bottle fed and in Moses basket until cot at 6 months) I still managed to somehow stick to the routine more or less.
As you get to know your baby, their personality and routines you work out what works and it’s also trial and error.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.