New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boy mamas: any advice to avoid the pee fountain happening whilst changing? He only does it to me and not my husband lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Boy mamas: any advice to avoid the pee fountain happening whilst changing? He only does it to me and not my husband lol
Ive never had this happen with either boy (so probably later on!) but I’ve heard loosely undoing the nappy and using a wipe across the top of their nappy line prompts the pee first and it’s caught in the nappy. Dunno if it works!

Reactions: 2
It does happen with girls too I soon learnt.
But apparently they change in temperature is what makes them do it. So people have suggested before to put a wipe on their stomach and because it's cold, it makes them pee first before taking the nappy off

Reactions: 1
Chocolate is made from plants so it’s practically fruit 👍🏻👍🏻 Sorry about the crap night, we’ve had a few very unsettled nights and days this week. Lots of screaming. Not crying or chatting, but just screaming angrily. It’s super fun 😩
We had very intense screaming at 1am, came out of nowhere!

• Heart
I think girls do this too, I undo her nappy let her feel the air then get my cotton wool balls and nappy bag prepped so she has some time to still go in her dirty one before her clean up!?!

Reactions: 4
Chocolate is made from plants so it’s practically fruit 👍🏻👍🏻 Sorry about the crap night, we’ve had a few very unsettled nights and days this week. Lots of screaming. Not crying or chatting, but just screaming angrily. It’s super fun 😩
Must be something in the air, we’ve had this too!

• Heart
It’s a good job breastfeeding burns calories- I’ve already eaten 2 chocolate bars this morning as baby was up virtually every hour last night!
This was me. Those first weeks of bf I craved that quick energy boost & was eating chocolate constantly…. except the calorie burn thing didn’t work for me 😩😂

I’ve been throwing a muslin cloth on top. My boy is very talented and has got wee in his mouth and ear this week 🤦‍♀️🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Might be a stupid q but do you put a short sleeve bodysuit under leggings and tops? When would you use a long sleeve bodysuit? I have absolutely no idea how many layers she needs 😬

Might be a stupid q but do you put a short sleeve bodysuit under leggings and tops? When would you use a long sleeve bodysuit? I have absolutely no idea how many layers she needs 😬
Ummmm i love her in outfits so don’t really use sleep baby grows, so because it’s warm I just have her in her leggings and top/baby grow without a vest and at night she has a long or short sleeve vest with a 1.5 tog halo swaddle.
I always prefer to keep her that teenie bit colder so she can tell me if she’s cold rather than layering her up.
same for outdoors for her daily pram walk with dad but add a hat and cardi on a sheep skin liner.
Hope that makes sense x

I put short sleeve bodysuit under leggings and tops, I use the long sleeved ones for dresses when it's a bit too cold for a short sleeve one. At night she's just in a short sleeve body suit and a 1 tog swaddle but my room is roasting all the time.

I was always just told one extra layer than what I have on so if I'm wearing just a t-shirt she has the body suit and t shirt. But I'm I'm ftm too so I'm just learning as I go along 🤣

We haven’t used vests since around June time, just started again this week as it got colder.

I have them in
• short sleeved vest and baby grow until about 6 months
• short sleeved vest and outfit (eg leggings and a top)

I don’t use any long sleeved vests.

Then add a cardigan at cooler times for going out, or when it’s cold I use a fleece all in one over the top of whatever they are wearing. I don’t use snow suits as they are impractical for the car and sling. Honestly, she’ll be fine in whatever you put on. Have extra layers handy in your change bag just in case. I repacked mine this week with hats etc for the cooler months ahead.

It also depends if you're going out ect too.
As it's been warm, I've just been putting a sleepsuit on by itself. Or outfits without a vest.
But when it's a bit chillier, I'll put the vest underneath.
To start with in the first month or so I'd put a vest underneath too.

Long sleeved ones I'd use just that and leggings, no top. Or I'd put them under dresses 😊

As someone said, the basic rule is 1 layer more than you need. But obviously if you're just in a Tshirt and you're hot. Then just 1 layer for baby is enough

Also, just to add if you’re planning to put baby in a sling that would count as a layer. And if you have them in a car seat or buggy with a blanket, and you’ve folded the blanket over it counts as 2 layers.

Reactions: 4
Just to double add for anyone that isn't aware not to put baby in car seats with coats/snowsuits ect on.

I think it's widely known now but just incase 😊

Reactions: 7
Just to double add for anyone that isn't aware not to put baby in car seats with coats/snowsuits ect on.

I think it's widely known now but just incase 😊
This is why I love a fleece all in one, because they are so thin and don’t compress at all 😊 a really good (safe!) Middle ground!

Thanks everyone! Since the heatwave I’ve had her in a sleepsuit but no vest most of the time, so I think I just panicked now it’s getting chillier 😂 my issue with the one layer more rule is that I’m always cold (will literally wear knitwear all year round) whereas my other half wears shorts when it’s snowing, so we’re useless as a baseline guide 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.