New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Orange actually slept last night only woke up for her dummy twice abs didn’t straight back to sleep I’ve actually had 7ish hours sleep yet I’m still knackered 🧐

Reactions: 6
Baby Rose slept 8pm - 4.30am then 5am - 8am, and it genuinely by my blows my mind there are children who sleep like that every night 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Bad mum moment - baby was on the sofa in one of those c shaped pillows sat up. Stood up to move my drink and she dived off and landed face first on the floor 😭😭😭😭 oh the crying! Real screaming hysterics for a good 10 mins. She’s okay now but she has got a little pink patch on her head where she hit it 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bad mum moment - baby was on the sofa in one of those c shaped pillows sat up. Stood up to move my drink and she dived off and landed face first on the floor 😭😭😭😭 oh the crying! Real screaming hysterics for a good 10 mins. She’s okay now but she has got a little pink patch on her head where she hit it 🥺
It happens ♥

I'm sure if you go back and read through each thread, someone has mentioned their baby falling off of somewhere in each one

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Remember my last post about being at an airport and KW forgot to pack nappies?! Thought I’d give him another chance and asked him to pack the nappy bag for the plane journey home. Baby pooed in the airport, I went to go and change her and…. No wipes this time. Had to get the worst off with loo roll then washed her bum under the tap at the sink 🤦🏼‍♀️ Honestly how can one man make the same mistake twice!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Left KW to do the toast for their dinner. Hearing a lot of whinging from the kitchen which is odd they normally love toast. KW has given them black burnt toast 😩. He thought if he scraped it a bit they would eat it because he would 🙃🤷‍♀️ Poor babies. (Now munching on a nice non burnt crumpet instead)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve got so many questions today 🤣 We’ve had an extremely relaxing Sunday at home.

Has anyone tried the Lovevery toy subscription? Is it worth it?

It seems to be about €500 a year. This is our first and so we don’t have any toys. How much would say you spent on toys in the first year?

I’ve got so many questions today 🤣 We’ve had an extremely relaxing Sunday at home.

It seems to be about €500 a year. This is our first and so we don’t have any toys. How much would say you spent on toys in the first year?
Blimey I read that as LoveHoney the online adult store 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I've looked at this several times but we only buy toys for birthday and Christmas and maybe £100/£150 each time. Other toys are what others have bought.
So for us it wouldn't really be worth it

Reactions: 1
Remember my last post about being at an airport and KW forgot to pack nappies?! Thought I’d give him another chance and asked him to pack the nappy bag for the plane journey home. Baby pooed in the airport, I went to go and change her and…. No wipes this time. Had to get the worst off with loo roll then washed her bum under the tap at the sink 🤦🏼‍♀️ Honestly how can one man make the same mistake twice!!
There’s only one way for him to learn, and that’s if he’s the one washing the pooey bum of a wriggling crying baby in a tiny public sink!! 🙈

My KW told me he was coming home ‘early’ from his weekend away. It’s nearly 5pm and is he home?! 😐

Lovevery looks great but I think it’s mega overpriced, in the past I’ve looked at the boxes for the baby’s age and just nicked a couple of the toy ideas from them! You can usually get them cheaper individually from Amazon or second hand (if you can be bothered to do that)

Reactions: 4

I buy from the charity shop, Facebook market place & eBay, I’m in a WhatsApp group for local mums and people give stuff away, lovevery seemed so expensive!!

Not caught up but got the get this out, Been at my mums all day and we've just got back omg I am exhausted.

On the way down the main road to my mums was closed so we had to follow a diversion into the middle of bloody nowhere and doubled our journey time. Got there and spent the entire time chasing baby elf around the most un baby friendly house ever. 5yo was so hyped up because her cousins were there so she was running about like a maniac. My mums husband was telling all the kids off every 5 minutes. He also told of my sister boyfriend for not saying please 🤣 hes that type of guy. My mum spent approx 0.5 seconds with the children then got back to her drinking and showing off her house. Babyelf was getting very tired at about 2:30 when he would normally nap so I suggested we make a move home as drive home is 1hr - so cue 30 mins of packing the car back up dragging 5yo away from cousins and my mums bleating on about how she never sees us. The get going road home is still closed so have to follow diversion again, get home and everyone is miserable from sleeping in the car.

Not to mention the trauma of being back in my home town which i find very very hard.

I am 100% having a voddy tonight. Not going down there for at least a few months 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It happens ♥

I'm sure if you go back and read through each thread, someone has mentioned their baby falling off of somewhere in each one
Yep I put baby c on the bed once turned to grab some socks from the drawer and...whack! Massive screams and much mum guilt. Then there was the time he's just learned to sit up and he ended up falling forward and face planting a toy and ending up with a fat lip.

Yep I put baby c on the bed once turned to grab some socks from the drawer and...whack! Massive screams and much mum guilt. Then there was the time he's just learned to sit up and he ended up falling forward and face planting a toy and ending up with a fat lip.
Little crazy cat hit her head on the table in the hall way this afternoon trying to pull herself up. She wasn’t happy 😳 I think all babies hit their head at some point. Multiple times 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just cutting baby Rita’s nails and she moved her hand when I wasn’t expecting it and I cut a tiny bit of skin off 😭😭😭😭 she really screamed and cried and it was bleeding although it has stopped now. Currently feeling like the worst mum and I’m so traumatised I feel like I never want to cut them again
I remember doing this to my dog, i am 38 weeks pregnant with my first baby and i have already said i wont be cutting her nails, i was traumatised with the dog and cried for 15 minutes so god knows how i will be with my baby 😭 hope you have recovered i can imagine how horrible it was for you.

• Heart
Can I still blame post birth hormones for the fact I am SOBBING at the football 😂😂
I’m not a football fan but I’ve found it so empowering and a bit emosh to watch too! Woman once again showing men how it’s done 💪🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Girl power 🫶🏻✌🏻
Just told the knobwaffle to duck off because he’s taking the piss out of the women footballers🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.