New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made the knobwaffle get up as I’m pretty sure he’d sleep through a tornado if there was one. He was up at 5 with the baby. I don’t even care 😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Part of motherhood that I hate is not being able to poo in peace. We’re staying somewhere with no lock on the bathroom door. So I had the baby in with me already as my husband doesn’t cope with two children well. Then the toddler wandered in because she can open the door. Then my husband comes in to ask if I want him to take at least one child out…. Who needs privacy anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Part of motherhood that I hate is not being able to poo in peace. We’re staying somewhere with no lock on the bathroom door. So I had the baby in with me already as my husband doesn’t cope with two children well. Then the toddler wandered in because she can open the door. Then my husband comes in to ask if I want him to take at least one child out…. Who needs privacy anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️😂
This annoys me so much 😂
My 4yo will be playing, hasn't spoken to me for the past half an hour but as soon as I step in that bathroom, she's in the doorway talking to me as if she hasn't seen me in years.
JUST LET ME POOP

• Haha
Just what you need the day before you go back to work, being sick through the night and feeling like tit today. My stomach hurts so much. 😭 just hope little one doesn’t get anything and they send her home on her first day 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Just what you need the day before you go back to work, being sick through the night and feeling like tit today. My stomach hurts so much. 😭 just hope little one doesn’t get anything and they send her home on her first day 😂
Oh no! Best of luck for tomorrow, it’s the last thing you need. My friend had to go to her union to get her job back after maternity (head doesn’t want her there basically) so she got the shits 2 days before but had to go in after she caused all that fuss and hope for the best as calling sick would have been a nail in the coffin for her!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Sending good thoughts and dry toast for your stomach!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
They rolled away the stone and lo’ the pidge family were there. bleeping hell girls, Noravirus got us all HARD. Mr. Pidge and I were practically taking turns hanging over little pidges cot, neither of us could stand without retching. Absolutely horrific, -10/10 do not recommend to a friend…

Little pidge seems to be ok’ish now (although still teething), the poops have slowed down and she has stopped vomiting but she keeps gagging very easily when eating and it seems to be putting her off. Hopefully it improves!

good news though, I lost 5lbs and I missed a lot of pages. Good to be back, I’m off to catch up 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
They rolled away the stone and lo’ the pidge family were there. bleeping hell girls, Noravirus got us all HARD. Mr. Pidge and I were practically taking turns hanging over little pidges cot, neither of us could stand without retching. Absolutely horrific, -10/10 do not recommend to a friend…

Little pidge seems to be ok’ish now, the poops have slowed down and she has stopped vomiting but she keeps gagging very easily when eating and it seems to be putting her off. Hopefully it improves!

good news though, I lost 5lbs and I missed a lot of pages. Good to be back😂😂😂😂
That sounds horrible! Happy you're all starting to feel better!

Oh no! Best of luck for tomorrow, it’s the last thing you need. My friend had to go to her union to get her job back after maternity (head doesn’t want her there basically) so she got the shits 2 days before but had to go in after she caused all that fuss and hope for the best as calling sick would have been a nail in the coffin for her!
Wow surely that should be illegal!!! Your poor friend ☹

• Sad
Wow surely that should be illegal!!! Your poor friend ☹
Yeah she fought hard with tribunals which has damaged their already fraught relationship more and she’s on a trial so if she doesn’t get part time she’ll go full time and long term sick, last thing women need returning to work!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
After finding the birth and first few weeks of having baby boy really difficult I was insistent that he would be an only child. Now I'm finding myself feel pangs of envy / broody when I see pregnancy announcements. Oh dear!! 😳

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Hope you’re all well ladies, just need to offload for a second. I’ve got the worst viral infection at the moment (not covid), my glands on my neck are so swollen I can barely speak or swallow 😭 having such a tit time of it. Had to wake my boyfriend up at 2 last night to speak to 111 for me as I couldn’t and bc I’m breastfeeding I’m so limited in what pain relief I can take. Pretty much everything says to avoid if breastfeeding it’s such a pain!!! Beb sleeps well on a nighttime but because I’m feeling so tit ive barely slept the last couple of days 😔 any pain relief ideas much appreciated

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Baby o has started doing this thing where she lies on her tummy but picks her bum up and rocks it up and down like she’s twerking 😂🙈 except she’s currently lying on my chest doing it and it’s like being humped by a small hairless dog 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's my birthday today and KW (he's been okay recently for the most part 🤣) got up with Hannah...and it's the ONE day I couldn't get back to sleep for a nice long lie 😭 is this my karma for all the bad things I've ever done 🤣🤣

• Heart
It's my birthday today and KW (he's been okay recently for the most part 🤣) got up with Hannah...and it's the ONE day I couldn't get back to sleep for a nice long lie 😭 is this my karma for all the bad things I've ever done 🤣🤣
Happy birthday!

Hope you’re all well ladies, just need to offload for a second. I’ve got the worst viral infection at the moment (not covid), my glands on my neck are so swollen I can barely speak or swallow 😭 having such a tit time of it. Had to wake my boyfriend up at 2 last night to speak to 111 for me as I couldn’t and bc I’m breastfeeding I’m so limited in what pain relief I can take. Pretty much everything says to avoid if breastfeeding it’s such a pain!!! Beb sleeps well on a nighttime but because I’m feeling so tit ive barely slept the last couple of days 😔 any pain relief ideas much appreciated
So sorry to hear this. Hope you have loads of paracetamol. Don't really have a lot of advice :( hope you'll get better soon!
Being ill while having a baby is next level...

Reactions: 2
Happy birthday to our resident roast dinner ❤ Hope you have a fab day 🐔 🎈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have a look at the breastfeeding network drugs in breastfeeding service, they have information on pretty much every drug and medication whether it’s safe to take whole breastfeeding. Most medicines will say you can’t take it while breastfeeding or to check just to cover their own backs.
I emailed the service last week as the info I wanted wasn’t on their website and they got back to me within hours. Hope you feel better!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.