New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone use an app to share photos with family etc? Feel like there must be a better way than overloading the WhatsApp chat. Sure someone has mentioned it before but can’t remember who or when 🤔 also would like somewhere where everything is in one place!
I’ve made a Google album. You can invite people and use the app. It’s really easy to use even my 81 year old grandma can get onto it on her tablet!

Reactions: 3
Baby slept! (I mean, woke at 3am for a feed, but he's a 4 month old baby so I expect that) 🙌 and toddler slept! 🙌
First time in a good while that they've both had a decent night, I feel like a new human!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Baby slept! (I mean, woke at 3am for a feed, but he's a 4 month old baby so I expect that) 🙌 and toddler slept! 🙌
First time in a good while that they've both had a decent night, I feel like a new human!
We are also in this parallel universe. 4 yr old stayed in bed until her gro clock woke up and 1 yr old is still sleeping and dare I say it out loud, has been since 6.45 last night!

Reactions: 2
We are also in this parallel universe. 4 yr old stayed in bed until her gro clock woke up and 1 yr old is still sleeping and dare I say it out loud, has been since 6.45 last night!
Wowza that's amazing! Baby didn't properly settle until 9 last night, kept waking and needing resettling before then but I'll take that over crap nights.

Back to work for me 😭😭😭😭
Good luck lovely, how are you feeling now?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is there something in the air cause this was our exact night! Went down about 9ish woke once for a feed at 3:30 then back to sleep till now. I’m not banking on ever recreating this 😂

Back to work for me 😭😭😭😭
Good luck! Just think wees in peace and actually drinking your drinks hot x

• Heart
Twin 1 woke up today and thought she'd walk.
This is not okay😂 I wasn't prepared for this I expected her to be atleast 15months corrected before she started not fricking 10months corrected.
Send help because she's a god damn menace🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Twin 1 woke up today and thought she'd walk.
This is not okay😂 I wasn't prepared for this I expected her to be atleast 15months corrected before she started not fricking 10months corrected.
Send help because she's a god damn menace🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Awwww well done twin 1!!! I actually found with both of mine they were much nicer to be around once they could walk and felt less restricted.

How are you getting on?
We were doing well up until like day 3 or 4, now day 20 and we have have gone totally backwards!
They are chill by day, but literally by night there are each fussy from about 8pm until 6am and getting absolute zero sleep!
Not quite sure how to manage them at the moment... my husband has his own gardening business and obviously needs his sleep to go to work and earn, but then I get less than 2 hours from when he comes down at 3am until like 5-6am.

Not gonna lie, we are struggling ... we also have a really out of control 3.5 year old who was tricky before babies arrival but it's like this has made him snap and he has just lost the plot... so that has been really difficult.
We were given a TAF last week which I believe is a team around the family , but all takes time to get the ball rolling.

Sorry , way longer message than I'd intended!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We were doing well up until like day 3 or 4, now day 20 and we have have gone totally backwards!
They are chill by day, but literally by night there are each fussy from about 8pm until 6am and getting absolute zero sleep!
Not quite sure how to manage them at the moment... my husband has his own gardening business and obviously needs his sleep to go to work and earn, but then I get less than 2 hours from when he comes down at 3am until like 5-6am.

Not gonna lie, we are struggling ... we also have a really out of control 3.5 year old who was tricky before babies arrival but it's like this has made him snap and he has just lost the plot... so that has been really difficult.
We were given a TAF last week which I believe is a team around the family , but all takes time to get the ball rolling.

Sorry , way longer message than I'd intended!
Don't apologise! Life with a newborn is hard! But with twins it's genuinely horrific!
You sound like your slap bang in the middle of the 4th trimester, I remember it well we were on 3hourly feeds and we were literally managing 2hrs sleep a night, it is torturous especially when you've still got to function for your eldest.

There's also Twins Trust, I found their Twinline invaluable in the early days when we came home and I was really struggling to manage all 3 kids together. (I have the co head of the twins Trust crisis team ringing me today funnily enough to help with twin 2😅)

I don't have much helpful advice, as me & my partner didnt do it in shifts we were up together as we found it easier to manage for us as a whole, but all I can promise you is, it does get better, one night it all just kinda snaps into place and they settle a bit better.
We are always here for you to blow off steam, but you are doing brilliantly❤

Awwww well done twin 1!!! I actually found with both of mine they were much nicer to be around once they could walk and felt less restricted.
It's lovely to see but if I see her climb on her sister again I'm sending her back😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone use an app to share photos with family etc? Feel like there must be a better way than overloading the WhatsApp chat. Sure someone has mentioned it before but can’t remember who or when 🤔 also would like somewhere where everything is in one place!
We just use a shared iPhone album where anyone can upload pictures and comment etc It’s also useful for both Mr Author and I to share pics we’ve individually taken.

You’re right, I don’t miss the frustration of a 6/7 month old who hasn’t mastered moving!

Aw thank you ladies!
Thankfully the sickness has gone and I feel ok.
I cried like a baby dropping her off. She was fine 😂😂 then I cried when I got to work. But I’m settling myself back in & our phone lines are down so it should be nice & quiet 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I used Family Album.
So far it's been really good!

KW said you can't really compare the lionesses to mens football so its not really coming home🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼mate just doing what the men haven't been able to do in my lifetime ffs 🙄
I think this is most men tbh
‘The standard of football isn’t the same’
No, they may not be, but the WOMEN won the Euros. Only something the men could dream of. There was SO much passion in the women. They deserved it.
Women have only been allowed to play like this since the 70s. And the men haven’t won in that time.

Also, my KW make a smart remark about them having to get back in the kitchen. While HE was in the kitchen washing up after he made dinner. Made me laugh. He is not sexist in anyway btw. Just a wind up 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Aw thank you ladies!
Thankfully the sickness has gone and I feel ok.
I cried like a baby dropping her off. She was fine 😂😂 then I cried when I got to work. But I’m settling myself back in & our phone lines are down so it should be nice & quiet 😂
Hope you get a nice easy day! X

• Heart
I think this is most men tbh
‘The standard of football isn’t the same’
No, they may not be, but the WOMEN won the Euros. Only something the men could dream of. There was SO much passion in the women. They deserved it.
Women have only been allowed to play like this since the 70s. And the men haven’t won in that time.

Also, my KW make a smart remark about them having to get back in the kitchen. While HE was in the kitchen washing up after he made dinner. Made me laugh. He is not sexist in anyway btw. Just a wind up 😂😂
Hahah I know, my partner managed to restrain himself from commenting about womens football, but let’s face it, the comments come from jealousy that they haven’t achieved anything since 1966 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe because the women are genuinely passionate about it in a way the men maybe aren’t? Let’s face it the men have had far less obstacles to overcome to get here and they still haven’t managed it!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.