New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look at the breastfeeding network drugs in breastfeeding service, they have information on pretty much every drug and medication whether it’s safe to take whole breastfeeding. Most medicines will say you can’t take it while breastfeeding or to check just to cover their own backs.
I emailed the service last week as the info I wanted wasn’t on their website and they got back to me within hours. Hope you feel better!
Docs prescribed me naproxen instead of ibuprofen so just need to bear the pain to get some food down me before I take some. Honestly haven’t been in this much pain since childbirth lol and the most annoying thing is the doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with me except the swollen glands so not really sure what’s causing it at the moment 😭 so glad my partner has been off this past week and been able to help with baby (good knobwaffle 🏆) as I really don’t know how I would have coped

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey ladies, my 8month old just stopped drinking her bottle 😭 she doesn’t seem interested in it anymore! She’s eating solids but no bottle 😭 has anyone else had this issue?

Hey ladies, my 8month old just stopped drinking her bottle 😭 she doesn’t seem interested in it anymore! She’s eating solids but no bottle 😭 has anyone else had this issue?
Yeah at 8 months too, after a few days she was back on them. They really like to test you at this age 😂

Everleigh stopped drinking bottles around 5 months. We had to pretty much force them down her and ended up giving her purees because she wasn't having bottles.
Since around 6 months old, she's had a bed time bottle and that's it.
And even that was hit and miss if she'd drink it or not 😊
Don't worry too much!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Just cutting baby Rita’s nails and she moved her hand when I wasn’t expecting it and I cut a tiny bit of skin off 😭😭😭😭 she really screamed and cried and it was bleeding although it has stopped now. Currently feeling like the worst mum and I’m so traumatised I feel like I never want to cut them again

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just cutting baby Rita’s nails and she moved her hand when I wasn’t expecting it and I cut a tiny bit of skin off 😭😭😭😭 she really screamed and cried and it was bleeding although it has stopped now. Currently feeling like the worst mum and I’m so traumatised I feel like I never want to cut them again
It happens, don't feel too bad! I'm sure she has already forgotten about it ❤

Kitten has discovered dancing and it's the most chaotic, uncoordinated and cute thing ever 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had anyone used a Haakaa? I tend to leak quite a bit from the opposite breast, but feed her on both breasts each feeding as per the LC. If I use the Haakaa, will it decrease the amount of milk she can get when it’s that breast’s turn? If that makes sense.

I’ve just ordered a Haakaa since I can leak almost 150ml per 24 hours and this seems an easier way to collect it than the leak cups / shields I’ve been using, and I’d also like to build a bit of a stash for when I go back to work and for a trip home to America I have to make when she’s 3 months sans baby.

I feel like it’s a right of passage for babies to have their fingers snipped when we cut their nails, don’t feel guilty we’ve all done it. I saw someone recommend doing them when they’re sleeping because they don’t thrash around but I don’t have the balls - I imagine potentially waking them up would feel as stressful as bomb disposal

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had anyone used a Haakaa? I tend to leak quite a bit from the opposite breast, but feed her on both breasts each feeding as per the LC. If I use the Haakaa, will it decrease the amount of milk she can get when it’s that breast’s turn? If that makes sense.

I’ve just ordered a Haakaa since I can leak almost 150ml per 24 hours and this seems an easier way to collect it than the leak cups / shields I’ve been using, and I’d also like to build a bit of a stash for when I go back to work and for a trip home to America I have to make when she’s 3 months sans baby.
From my experience the Haakaa has just always collected my let down from the boob I'm not using and I've never found an issue when I've swapped over and fed from the side I've had the haakaa on.
It's rare I solo feed & use it though to be honest so although I've not had an issue I'm not 100% sure if it would affect you.
@Definitelyme is my breastfeeding god tbh. I'm sure she'll have the right answer 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Tommy has razor claws that literally slice you raw because out of the 3 times I've tried to cut his nails, I've done this twice, I felt so guilty I've just abandoned trying and accepted I have a risk of being garotted everytime I hold him now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Re nails - our baby nurse* that helped us the first 10 days recommended a cardboard nail file and we’ve been using that. Just one or two swipes across on one motion, no back & forth like we’d do if it were our own nails, and that’s good. We haven’t had any issues with it this far.

*This is something the Dutch government provides to all parents. We’re not fancy 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I use the haakaa that’s shaped as a ladybird and pop it on first thing when I wake up before 7am feed as I find my breast are quite full from overnight and often leaking. I then keep it on one boob whilst I breastfeed from the other, and when it comes to swapping boobs during the feed have never had an issue with baby not having enough.

I can usually collect about 60ml this way and after finishing the morning feed I also express to add to what the haakaa has collected so that mr Author has enough to either do a bottle feed later in the day or it can go into the freezer. That said, I only use the haakaa in the morning and not throughout the rest of the day so maybe my body and milk production is just used to this routine now.

Docs prescribed me naproxen instead of ibuprofen so just need to bear the pain to get some food down me before I take some. Honestly haven’t been in this much pain since childbirth lol and the most annoying thing is the doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with me except the swollen glands so not really sure what’s causing it at the moment 😭 so glad my partner has been off this past week and been able to help with baby (good knobwaffle 🏆) as I really don’t know how I would have coped

I found this on their website on Naproxen hopefully it helps you if you still need to check it out!
I used to get swollen glands all the time the only think that ever helped was a warm compress and hot water with lemon and honey.
I checked the other day you can have honey when you’re breastfeeding I panicked cause Baby’s can’t have it until after 1.
Hopefully you start to feel better before your partner goes back to work x

• Heart
I swear by an electric nail file, literally every other novelty baby purchase has been shite but this is incredible. It’s very gently and has different gradient files you can clip on for different ages, a light that shines onto the nail and takes a fraction of the time than cutting/manually filing

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a crawler 🥲. Exciting to see but also slightly dreading her twin starting too as it’s already a task following her around 😅😅

I’ve done this it’s an awful feeling, try not to be too hard on yourself. I use a baby nail file now, too scared to use the scissors. Takes a bit longer but it’s less risky 😅❤

It's my birthday today and KW (he's been okay recently for the most part 🤣) got up with Hannah...and it's the ONE day I couldn't get back to sleep for a nice long lie 😭 is this my karma for all the bad things I've ever done 🤣🤣
Happy birthday! ❤

No advice but we’ve had the same! I just started offering more food (went from 2 meals to 3 and a snack). And more water. I also use their milk to make their weetabix or porridge in the mornings to get extra ounces in

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.