New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone found the pause button for the world? Or the cure for cancer while we're at it?
Dad's tumor and metastasis are still growing, so he'll need stronger chemo therapy.
But now they also found something new on my mom's liver. And she had been pretty much cancer free for a while now. So that really, really sucks. They need to do more tests to figure out what it is, but they're assuming it's malicious.

Getting back on topic. Kitten had a fever yesterday, but hasn't had a fever today. She also hasn't puked (yet?), which is nice, but she's coughing a lot. Keeps waking herself up, poor thing.
For weaning I do cook fresh veggies everyday (unless she's going to daycare, because they prepare fresh meals there) and then just blend them. Today was sweet potato/carrots/broccoli, but she wasn't a big fan. Think she dislikes broccoli.
The weaning poos are very smelly, but they also seem to irritate her skin? Her poor bum was all red, so using some wonder cream (inotyol) on it and it seems to be getting better luckily.

I also like bananas and biscoff, sorry not sorry 😁
So sorry to hear about your Mum &Dad. Sending you and Kitten lots of love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone found the pause button for the world? Or the cure for cancer while we're at it?
Dad's tumor and metastasis are still growing, so he'll need stronger chemo therapy.
But now they also found something new on my mom's liver. And she had been pretty much cancer free for a while now. So that really, really sucks. They need to do more tests to figure out what it is, but they're assuming it's malicious.

Getting back on topic. Kitten had a fever yesterday, but hasn't had a fever today. She also hasn't puked (yet?), which is nice, but she's coughing a lot. Keeps waking herself up, poor thing.
For weaning I do cook fresh veggies everyday (unless she's going to daycare, because they prepare fresh meals there) and then just blend them. Today was sweet potato/carrots/broccoli, but she wasn't a big fan. Think she dislikes broccoli.
The weaning poos are very smelly, but they also seem to irritate her skin? Her poor bum was all red, so using some wonder cream (inotyol) on it and it seems to be getting better luckily.

Gosh you have got such a lot on your plate, and you’re back at work. What a rock star. So sorry to hear about mum & dad 🤍

• Heart

Cancer sucks I’m so sorry ❤

• Heart
Omg having one of those days where everything is getting on my nerves. Baby is poorly and is back to feeding 20 times a day, won’t nap and I just want to scream. Everything is winding me up and I feel like if anyone touches me I’ll explode. Sounds dramatic so I hope it’s not just me that gets days like this 🤣
I had one of those days. My partner asked me to hang his washing up (he was out doing work) and it was clearly an ask too far, I ended up throwing one of his clean vests and it landed on top of the fridge. 🙈🙈

I did my first long solo drive with the babies today. 90 mins each way to see a friend. Doesn’t sound a big deal to some but I have slight anxiety with driving so I’m so pleased with myself for doing. It was so worth it as we had a lovely girlie day and the babies slept for the whole journey each way (usually one of them cry). 😄
Aww well done. That is good going especially with two babies. I have motorway anxiety 👀 so I totally get you.

I’m so sorry. Life just isn’t giving you a break and I wish I could give you a hug or at least help you find that pause button 💖💖💖

People who don’t like mash potato??? Like are you not doing right?? Getting the mashed consistency accurate?? Who could not love a delicious plate of creamy mash potato especially with a bit of gravy…oh now you’re talking. Followed by a delicious banana dessert like banana frites, banana split, bananas and custard, banana ice cream, bananas and yoghurt with honey. 🤔 just trying to think if there are any other delicious bananary treats but that might be it 🍌

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I had one of those days. My partner asked me to hang his washing up (he was out doing work) and it was clearly an ask too far, I ended up throwing one of his clean vests and it landed on top of the fridge. 🙈🙈

Aww well done. That is good going especially with two babies. I have motorway anxiety 👀 so I totally get you.

I’m so sorry. Life just isn’t giving you a break and I wish I could give you a hug or at least help you find that pause button 💖💖💖

People who don’t like mash potato??? Like are you not doing right?? Getting the mashed consistency accurate?? Who could not love a delicious plate of creamy mash potato especially with a bit of gravy…oh now you’re talking. Followed by a delicious banana dessert like banana frites, banana split, bananas and custard, banana ice cream, bananas and yoghurt with honey. 🤔 just trying to think if there are any other delicious bananary treats but that might be it 🍌
Ahh well I do get bored mashing and have wondered if I should invest in a potato ricer? But I still hate the stuff 🤣 it’s not so bad if you mix everything else you have In with it, but on its own the texture is horrendous.

@LongishCat your family just cannot get a break ❤ So sorry to hear about your parents. What about FIL? How is he doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I just went to respond with the dribble emoji forgetting I’m limited to 6 or so emotions 🤣

baked Banana with choc chips! Last night I threw a going off banana in the freezer then blended it to make baby tango ‘ice cream’!

edit: you said banana ice cream already, you can tell I was excited by the potato/banana love haha

• Heart
It's the texture, it just feels soggy. Everyone loves my mums mash it's always so creamy apparently but it's feels soggy in my mouth like when your cereal has been in the milk for too long🙈😂 Same with Bananas.

Reactions: 3
Ahh well I do get bored mashing and have wondered if I should invest in a potato ricer? But I still hate the stuff 🤣 it’s not so bad if you mix everything else you have In with it, but on its own the texture is horrendous.

@LongishCat your family just cannot get a break ❤ So sorry to hear about your parents. What about FIL? How is he doing?
Not really sure, he doesn't talk about it much. But he is in pain.
They're coming over on Friday though.
But his life expectancy is somewhere between May and August. So yeah...
Considering going to a psychologist, cause life is certainly throwing me some curveballs at the moment and it's becoming a bit much 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's the texture, it just feels soggy. Everyone loves my mums mash it's always so creamy apparently but it's feels soggy in my mouth like when your cereal has been in the milk for too long🙈😂 Same with Bananas.
Ok i have a similar love affair with bread. You want me to chew it back to dough in my mouth? Weird. I only eat burgers with one bit of bun because why so much bread?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
🤣🤣

Aww I do understand really. I have a friend who bawks at the texture of banana or mash potato, so I know it can have that effect.

I just went to respond with the dribble emoji forgetting I’m limited to 6 or so emotions 🤣

baked Banana with choc chips! Last night I threw a going off banana in the freezer then blended it to make baby tango ‘ice cream’!

edit: you said banana ice cream already, you can tell I was excited by the potato/banana love haha

Oh nice 🍦 for baby Tango!

Ohh how could I forget banana bread!! Especially moist banana bread with a cup of tea.

Not really sure, he doesn't talk about it much. But he is in pain.
They're coming over on Friday though.
But his life expectancy is somewhere between May and August. So yeah...
Considering going to a psychologist, cause life is certainly throwing me some curveballs at the moment and it's becoming a bit much 😩

It really is too much! So much on your plate. Definitely make sure you’re looking after you too 😢 💖

• Heart
Why is it I want my husband to do more with the baby (he’s been away on a stag do all weekend) so he’s doing the bedtime feed and settle and I cant help but sit on the sofa listening and wondering if it’s going ok, is she feeding, is he getting stressed? Do I need to interfere 😂😂😂😂 I am my own worst enemy I swear

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For whatever reason my quote button won’t work tonight. But while I don’t really like bananas… Sarah Millican has the best recipe for chocolate banana cake at the back of her autobiography (yes, Sarah Millican the comedian. It’s a really random book to have a recipe in but it’s soooo tasty)

• Heart

Sending you a big hug ❤.

the only mash I like is my mums but that’s probably because she uses double cream and a tit tonne of butter in it 😅.

• Heart
  • Haha
@LongishCat that sounds incredibly tit, I’m so sorry your family is having such a tough time if it 💗

could it be covid? Although baby rose got taken to hospital yesterday because she was so poorly, she also had a cough and a fever, butwas also struggling wit my breathing and vomiting and dehydrated, anyway they diagnosed bronchiolitis and advised a schedule of ibuprofen and calpol which had made a world of difference, so would definitely stock up!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do you guys let your baby sleep with you if theyre not well? We had been trying to step away from bed sharing and we had been doing great but since she's not been well she's very clingy and sleeps better in with me because she has direct access to boobs 🤣 I'm just worried it's going to set us back but at the same time she obv wants her mum 😭

• Heart
Mr Bean mashes our mash, and he always does it the same way with his own little rhythm, that we have a little dance to. I always add tons of butter, because, why not 😂😂

• Haha
Do you guys let your baby sleep with you if theyre not well? We had been trying to step away from bed sharing and we had been doing great but since she's not been well she's very clingy and sleeps better in with me because she has direct access to boobs 🤣 I'm just worried it's going to set us back but at the same time she obv wants her mum 😭
I have but I’ve found she’s actually slept slightly better still in her bed, she was just too hot and couldn’t get comfy with me in the bed as well.

I always let the baby get back in with me if he needs it. We did the same with our toddler and he was fine. I do have the same anxiety though, what if they expect to always be in with me but they never have they can’t wait to get away from me again 😐
I think they’re usually all out of whack anyway because they’re ill so I always think it’s might just be one night and once they’ve got decent sleep they’ll be back to normal. I always start in own bed then bring them in if they’re up a lot that way I feel like I’m still trying albeit feebly

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.