New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is quite truly magnificent! You have to do it on one slice and fold it in half rather than 2 slices
I don’t have it anymore as gluten free bread doesn’t hit the same spot 😭
Have you tried Warburton gf tiger loaf? It's the closest thing I've found to actual bread that doesn't have the consistency of cake 🙃

I’m with you on this one, I still save some mash when I have it now and finish off the meal with a mash sandwich :love:😂
Yaaaas!! I knew someone would agree with me 😂

Have you tried Warburton gf tiger loaf? It's the closest thing I've found to actual bread that doesn't have the consistency of cake 🙃
I have tried it, but I’m not a fan of tiger loaf 😭 even when I was eating gluten I never liked it. Warbutons have bought out these sandwich thins thingys (not sure if they’re new. I normally avoid bread) and they are nice. Tastes good with cheese and marmite 🤤

I don't find the Genius seeded one in the purple bag too bad, a bit cardboardy obviously but what gf stuff isn't?
It's just all so bloody expensive too, best part of £3 for a loaf.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Made a puree today for baby which was the first food she couldn’t get enough of 🙌🏻 potatoes, peas, carrots and cheese. She was lapping it up. Sorry to all the potato haters haha.

Reactions: 7
I don't find the Genius seeded one in the purple bag too bad, a bit cardboardy obviously but what gf stuff isn't?
It's just all so bloody expensive too, best part of £3 for a loaf.
Yeah that ones not too bad, I hardly get bread now I usually go for Wraps but even they are expensive and cardboard like 😭 what I would give to eat a loaf of proper white bread 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Omg having one of those days where everything is getting on my nerves. Baby is poorly and is back to feeding 20 times a day, won’t nap and I just want to scream. Everything is winding me up and I feel like if anyone touches me I’ll explode. Sounds dramatic so I hope it’s not just me that gets days like this 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg having one of those days where everything is getting on my nerves. Baby is poorly and is back to feeding 20 times a day, won’t nap and I just want to scream. Everything is winding me up and I feel like if anyone touches me I’ll explode. Sounds dramatic so I hope it’s not just me that gets days like this 🤣
Right there with you! Our sleeping and napping has gone to tit aswell and she's so stuffed up 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Right there with you! Our sleeping and napping has gone to tit aswell and she's so stuffed up 😭
She’s sooo tired but just fighting it all the time, she’s got bronchiolitis now, and I know she’s poorly and just needs fluids but I really just want 5 minutes to myself 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wow... having 3 is HARDDDDD:ROFLMAO: Haven't brushed my hair since Friday, popped to Asda this morning and couldn't remember how to get home and unsure if I'll ever have a full nights sleep again :ROFLMAO: but my gosh it's so worth it. I never want this newborn stage to end 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I did my first long solo drive with the babies today. 90 mins each way to see a friend. Doesn’t sound a big deal to some but I have slight anxiety with driving so I’m so pleased with myself for doing. It was so worth it as we had a lovely girlie day and the babies slept for the whole journey each way (usually one of them cry). 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Going back to the talk about oranges being sodding oranges etc my son drives me crazy. Loves a Pom bear crisp but won’t eat the aldi ones as they don’t have arms and legs like the big brand!

• Haha
Tommy seems to be finally improving some with his colic however he has now realised life is better being held all the time so while the constant crying with farts has reduced, he's just switched it for crying if you put him down, so we are still up all night. Give me strength 😅 Can't even resent him because who can blame him really. Sleep, who u?

• Heart
I did my first long solo drive with the babies today. 90 mins each way to see a friend. Doesn’t sound a big deal to some but I have slight anxiety with driving so I’m so pleased with myself for doing. It was so worth it as we had a lovely girlie day and the babies slept for the whole journey each way (usually one of them cry). 😄
Well done! I’m so anxious about long drives on my own! I’m doing my first one next Sunday and I’m dreading it. I get anxious when it’s it’s me on my own let alone with the baby!

Also thank you everyone for the kind words about the cut to babas finger! It’s almost healed now and I’ll be leaving nails to dad 😂.

PS. also hate weaning and love the pouch life! (I think I’m caught up on my comments now 😂)

• Heart
Well done! I’m so anxious about long drives on my own! I’m doing my first one next Sunday and I’m dreading it. I get anxious when it’s it’s me on my own let alone with the baby!

Also thank you everyone for the kind words about the cut to babas finger! It’s almost healed now and I’ll be leaving nails to dad 😂.

PS. also hate weaning and love the pouch life! (I think I’m caught up on my comments now 😂)
We have missed your take on mash potatoes and bananas, fraid your not caught up till we know what side you're on😂

• Haha
We have missed your take on mash potatoes and bananas, fraid your not caught up till we know what side you're on😂
Mashed potatoes are RANK. I remember my mum having to be called into primary school and asked to give me packed lunches as I kept being sick when they gave me mash 😂.
I am a fan of bananas though!

• Haha
Anyone found the pause button for the world? Or the cure for cancer while we're at it?
Dad's tumor and metastasis are still growing, so he'll need stronger chemo therapy.
But now they also found something new on my mom's liver. And she had been pretty much cancer free for a while now. So that really, really sucks. They need to do more tests to figure out what it is, but they're assuming it's malicious.

Getting back on topic. Kitten had a fever yesterday, but hasn't had a fever today. She also hasn't puked (yet?), which is nice, but she's coughing a lot. Keeps waking herself up, poor thing.
For weaning I do cook fresh veggies everyday (unless she's going to daycare, because they prepare fresh meals there) and then just blend them. Today was sweet potato/carrots/broccoli, but she wasn't a big fan. Think she dislikes broccoli.
The weaning poos are very smelly, but they also seem to irritate her skin? Her poor bum was all red, so using some wonder cream (inotyol) on it and it seems to be getting better luckily.

I also like bananas and biscoff, sorry not sorry 😁

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.