New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have but I’ve found she’s actually slept slightly better still in her bed, she was just too hot and couldn’t get comfy with me in the bed as well.
She was kinda like that last night, rolling about my bed as if she was uncomfortable!
I always let the baby get back in with me if he needs it. We did the same with our toddler and he was fine. I do have the same anxiety though, what if they expect to always be in with me but they never have they can’t wait to get away from me again 😐
I think they’re usually all out of whack anyway because they’re ill so I always think it’s might just be one night and once they’ve got decent sleep they’ll be back to normal. I always start in own bed then bring them in if they’re up a lot that way I feel like I’m still trying albeit feebly
I've been starting her out in her own bed and just bringing her in when she's cried too, so hard knowing the right thing to do

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been starting her out in her own bed and just bringing her in when she's cried too, so hard knowing the right thing to do
every part of parenting is thinking you’ve got it then something happens and you feel deflated :cry: She’s been doing so so well with her sleep before this though so I honestly don’t think a couple of nights would set her back massively tbh, it might take a bit of adjusting again but I don’t think it’ll be like it was before. Fingers crossed she’ll be feeling better quickly🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
:( My reaction and quote options are playing up. but I'm so sorry about your news @LongishCat hoping your mum's results come back okay and dad has a turn of fortune because frig me, what a couple of years you've all had.

Team mash & banana btw. Sadly little lad doesn't feel the same. We're doing BLW which seems fortunate as he's loved anything solid I've offered him (except a tart raspberry), but loathes anything 'mushy' - ReadyBrek, mash, porridge - gutted about all of them. Full looks of betrayal 😆
I've wasted so much breast milk trying to convince him, but nah. Can only get him to eat saucy things as a topping or dip - avacado, cream cheese, hummus, baba ganoush etc.

We went to my parents' today and quickly set up the travel cot they got so I can see what size sheets it needs so we can get ready for when we take it on our UK hol. We put him in it to try it out for a few mins, so bloody cute. Think we need to get it set up in their spare room properly though as they babysat him yesterday and had to take shifts sitting with him while he had a 2 hour nap on the sofa, as he can roll now. I used to leave them with the pram and they'd use that for his naps, but he's out of the bassinet now. I don't mind him being left asleep in the buggy seat, but it's a bit weird putting him in it when he's already asleep right?

(It was the first proper babysit - first one that wasn't to go to a health appointment, run round Aldi or go back to my house round the corner to do jobs. We went on a spa day we were gifted for our wedding in 2020 and I only had a bloody massage 🙌🙌🙌 )

• Heart
Reactions: 10
every part of parenting is thinking you’ve got it then something happens and you feel deflated :cry: She’s been doing so so well with her sleep before this though so I honestly don’t think a couple of nights would set her back massively tbh, it might take a bit of adjusting again but I don’t think it’ll be like it was before. Fingers crossed she’ll be feeling better quickly🤞
Thank you, I hope so 🤞

Why oh why did I not wake my baby when she fell asleep at 6.45pm 😭 She’s currently wide awake, laying on her stomach in her cot bashing the mattress with her hands and feet. All I can think about is my profiteroles waiting downstairs for me.

• Heart
Do you guys let your baby sleep with you if theyre not well? We had been trying to step away from bed sharing and we had been doing great but since she's not been well she's very clingy and sleeps better in with me because she has direct access to boobs 🤣 I'm just worried it's going to set us back but at the same time she obv wants her mum 😭
Yeah, I figure there's such a small window of time I can genuinely give him everything he wants, so if being in bed next to me is all he wants, crack on son. I find it gives me the peace of mind to keep an eye on him when he's not well too.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, I figure there's such a small window of time I can genuinely give him everything he wants, so if being in bed next to me is all he wants, crack on son. I find it gives me the peace of mind to keep an eye on him when he's not well too.
Glad I'm not the only one (and i do secretly love having her in with me....sonetimes 🤣)

Reactions: 1
Okay no one’s posted on here overnight… does that mean you’ve all been tucked up all night fast asleep?! I didn’t get to sleep til midnight, have been woken up four times since, and now apparently it’s party time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Glad I'm not the only one (and i do secretly love having her in with me....sonetimes 🤣)
Haha I was so sad when she stopped co sleeping, I loved it (although simultaneously craved my own space) for a few days she only wanted contact naps and I’d forgotten how lovely they are. Now she won’t nap at all

Okay no one’s posted on here overnight… does that mean you’ve all been tucked up all night fast asleep?! I didn’t get to sleep til midnight, have been woken up four times since, and now apparently it’s party time
Nooo, We’ve only been up 3 time but one was for 2 hours 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I wish, dis be my child every night 🤣

D9BE35B6-A283-484F-9672-3D5C45025DB1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nope, I saw a time on the clock at least every hour last night, it was a conspiracy between the toddler and the baby. 😴😴

• Sad
Nope I’ve been up every hour since 12am, Met Gala coverage & Jonathan Van Ness’ book got me through!

Reactions: 6
Orange still has an awful cold I’ve got some kind of tummy flu I’m off work all week mr annoyed has a big birthday and today orange is going to nursery and we are having a shopping day just us two and thank the lord I slept from 11-5:30 orange is now being destructive in the bouncer while I do my hair. Has anyone else had this flu/ gastric flu? X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me and my husband have colds so I kicked him out half way through the night. Baby had a 3am fart thrash but other then that all good. Though I feel rubbish today. Defo a lazy day today

• Heart
Orange still has an awful cold I’ve got some kind of tummy flu I’m off work all week mr annoyed has a big birthday and today orange is going to nursery and we are having a shopping day just us two and thank the lord I slept from 11-5:30 orange is now being destructive in the bouncer while I do my hair. Has anyone else had this flu/ gastric flu? X
I had something the other week and I couldn't stop vomiting, luckily it only lasted a day though. Being sick and being in charge of a baby is so hard!

Hannah is floored with the cold aswell, won't let me snot suck her either 🙄🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My partner had it over the weekend, luckily only seemed to last about 24 hours, and the worst of it was 12 hours

I wouldn’t say it was a good or bad night just a very usual night of up two times with little whines and cries out in between.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.