New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay no one’s posted on here overnight… does that mean you’ve all been tucked up all night fast asleep?! I didn’t get to sleep til midnight, have been woken up four times since, and now apparently it’s party time
T1 slept solid 7-7 T2 woke up at 430am and had a full on conversation with herself and decided to practice rolling in her cot 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Back at work today! Actually quite happy about it, get to have a commute by myself and listen to Sam Fender ☺.
I think I already hate another of the nursery mams, twice now she has openly boasted about how much sleep her baby has. Like “oh she’s had a great sleep” or “oh I forget she’s here because she sleeps so well” well you evil well rested woman, I wish you a hellish teenager!! Mwahaha!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Okay no one’s posted on here overnight… does that mean you’ve all been tucked up all night fast asleep?! I didn’t get to sleep til midnight, have been woken up four times since, and now apparently it’s party time
I think I had literally the exact same night as you 🤣

Baby gets too distracted when feeding now and we were out all day so naturally he was then starving all through the night 🙃

Little guy decided to party all night last night... who needs sleep anyways :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
We got a 5am wake up call this morning with baby o waving her hands in the air and giggling 🙃

It feels like I barely have time to be on here lately, I’m so behind! We now have TWO teeth coming through and she’s just getting over a nasty cold which threw our routines out altogether - at one point I was feeding her every 1-2 hours because she was so congested she could only take 3oz at a time 😵💫

Immediate thought for the day:
Who the duck made baby tops with a tiiiiiny button at the back and how do I get hold of them?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
By the sounds of it I think my baby was the only one who slept well last night, but I couldn’t sleep because I had to keep checking that he was alive when he wasn’t doing his usual thrashing around in his sleep or 4am wake up 🙃 I woke up a couple of times in the night and checked him, and then again at 5 and he was still asleep so my brain went straight to “he must be dead”. I was then worrying about the temperature and him being too hot because it was 1 degree warmer than the recommendation for his tog sleeping bag, so I just led there awake until he eventually woke up 😂 why am I like dis. I have no idea how to dress him for sleep at the moment, the temperature in the bedroom drops in the early hours so I put him in a sleepsuit and sleeping bag based on that, but then by 5/6ish it starts to warm up again.

Reactions: 5
I had a terrible night. Not the baby but the dog then the baby 😂 then the baby again. FML!

I’m going to make an effort to note down the routine (or lack of) that I have with the baby at the minute. He gets soo upset when he doesn’t nap then can’t drop off and doesn’t nap for long 😖 As long as he gets his naps he is ok! That is my aim for today 😊

Reactions: 2
I’ve not really posted much about sleep yet as baby cupcake hasn’t been too bad - however he appears to have been swapped earlier this week as we’ve seen every hour of the clock over the last few nights 🥴

I had a terrible night. Not the baby but the dog then the baby 😂 then the baby again. FML!

I’m going to make an effort to note down the routine (or lack of) that I have with the baby at the minute. He gets soo upset when he doesn’t nap then can’t drop off and doesn’t nap for long 😖 As long as he gets his naps he is ok! That is my aim for today 😊
This was us last week! If you haven’t already, have a look at the free version of the huckleberry app. I use it to track baby cupcake’s naps and aim to have him back down between 1 hour - 1 hour 15 mins after he’s woken from the previous nap and it’s made such a difference to how settled he is xx

I’ve not really posted much about sleep yet as baby cupcake hasn’t been too bad - however he appears to have been swapped earlier this week as we’ve seen every hour of the clock over the last few nights 🥴

This was us last week! If you haven’t already, have a look at the free version of the huckleberry app. I use it to track baby cupcake’s naps and aim to have him back down between 1 hour - 1 hour 15 mins after he’s woken from the previous nap and it’s made such a difference to how settled he is xx
Ahhhh that sounds great I’ll look into it. Thank you. Do you put him down when he’s due a nap even if he doesn’t look or seem tired??

I had a tit night too...hannah eventually just slept in my bed and woke up every 2 hours for milk and on top of that my rabbits (who sleep in my room) decided to have a big falling out and were fighting on and off for 6 hours 🙃 how can such cute little fluffy things be so vicious.

• Heart
Ahhhh that sounds great I’ll look into it. Thank you. Do you put him down when he’s due a nap even if he doesn’t look or seem tired??
Yeah he doesn’t always show sleep cues so I’m just trying to follow the wake windows for his age - I’ve just cuddled him in there even though he seemed wide awake and he cried for 2 mins then crashed out!

Does any one’s little one get waxy ears? I’ve noticed a bit of ear wax recently. I don’t think I can clean them out yet. Does anyone get these and does anyone do anything to clean them?

Does any one’s little one get waxy ears? I’ve noticed a bit of ear wax recently. I don’t think I can clean them out yet. Does anyone get these and does anyone do anything to clean them?
Hannah does and has done since birth, both me and her over produce wax. I would just gently clean the stuff near the outside with a baby wipe, other than that I left it

All of my kids do.
I just get a baby wipe and clean any thag I can round the outside

Waxy ears here too @Crazycatlady18 🙋🏼‍♀️
Baby wipe for the older ones, babys comes out quite easily after a bath, so I wipe his ears with a towel. Obviously not far down though!

Argh, we are at the terrible 4 month stage. He’s not happy on the floor for long or the jumperoo. I can’t eat or have a cup of tea without him trying to grab it (tea isn’t hot because I don’t ever get to drink tea hot 🙃)
He’s now proper rolling back to front, but then gets aggy because he forgets he can roll front to back. So he’s on my lap and I’m trying to work and type with one hand.
Any good baby tv, coz I’m done 😂😂

• Heart
This was exactly the same as my night too 😭 this was my Google search this morning😂
8C000F32-6F6B-471F-8347-7A9E1FB4EFC4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes my girls are so waxy! I put a bit of their eczema cream (you could use lotion maybe) on a cotton bud and use that around the ear to clean it (obvs not in the ear hole).

Just had a crappy morning at baby sensory. Now the babies are big but not sitting holding them both is impossible. So I’m finding it hard to keep up in the class. They both cried throughout the whole playtime so couldn’t chat to anyone (which is usually my only adult convo in the day as hubby away working). I love getting out the house but I’m so exhausted. And I’ve bloody paid for a full term so keep having to go to these sessions.
Wish they did more baby stuff at weekends so I could get someone to come with me

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m going for a massage soon 😆😆 I might use it as an opportunity to have a sleep 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m going for a massage soon 😆😆 I might use it as an opportunity to have a sleep 😆
I'm very jealous, enjoy yourself!

I feel like I need one especially after surviving our first soft play trip with both kids and at one point having to carry both of them as the nearly 3 year old hurt herself in soft play so I had to climb in with the newborn and then climb out carrying the pair of them... My spine is not thanking me for that manoeuvre!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.