Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
So, in the UK it will be dropped from channels? But it's still going to be filmed and played in Australia and NZ?
Sorry, I'm so confused 😅
Probably not. A large portion of the production funding comes from the UK so if another channel won’t take it on it will likely just end full stop.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

1001 others

VIP Member
I wonder if Amazon Prime would consider throwing it a lifeline?

It could even air via You Tube ...

It's an expensive show to produce, though ... without the financial support from the UK TV network, it's not going to happen. It just doesn't have the following it used to enjoy.

I wonder if "Toadie" got a heads-up that the show might be coming to an end?

I don't know if this was posted here earlier but Sharon liked this comment...Sharon and Colette defo did not get along. It explains her quick exit storyline and the lack of scenes between the two when she returned especially since they were besties on the show. They were probably waiting for her contract to end before giving her the boot. Random thing I find strange is April Pengilly and her not following each other when they seemed close friends on insta back when they were working together.

Attachments

• Wow

Em_

VIP Member
Levi's cop boss has gotta be involved in Freya's storyline. Dodgy AF. And can't stand his brat of a daughter too.

Observations
Leo is gorgeous
Glen is a creep
David needs a haircut
Roxy calling Sheila Mama is annoying AF
Amy is looking less than polished these days. Gone are the miniskirts and she looks quite puffy in general
Zara is the worst but Mackenzie is a close second
Bored of Levi's wounded puppy face
Therese needs to jump on Leo again to get one over on Paul
I love Roxy calling her Mama, I loved their relationship.
Leo, Levi and Ned are gorgeous.
Amy doesn't look as good as she did and isn't as fun as when she first came back and dated Shane.
I think Leo's visa is quite fit

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I hope Marlene Kratz appears in the final episode after her 3 month ship cruise from 1995.
Be an appearance from beyond the grave though. The actress died a few years ago aged 91 and I don’t think a recast would be appropriate.

I’ll be a bit irritated if all these former stars who’ve always said no and been too busy in the past are suddenly magically available for the last couple of weeks of the show and the current cast end up being overshadowed by them. It’s one thing family members of current cast returning because that would make sense but just randoms it’s going to irritate me.

rootattoottoot

Yeah I would be devastated if it ended. From a very young age I have watched itx even during school, watched it lunch and tea time! I sure hope it gets picked up by another UK channel

Multi-21

VIP Member
It would be nice if all the Kennedy kids came back. I think it’s nice they get mentioned in conversation still and that Helen Daniels’ painting of them all is still in the living room!

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
Yes I don’t like Hendrix and Mackenzie together. Feels like they were just put together as they were the same age.
Oh I really like the two of them together! They've made each other so much more interesting and bearable characters in a way that I could believe it to be a proper, healthy relationship. Hendrix was a petulant spoiled brat and Mackenzie seemed to stand up to him, and I think he's become a really nice guy. Mackenzie was really serious and stuck up but Hendrix encourage her to be more fun and exciting. But neither have them completely changed- they both make a point of liking the other's quirks that would probably otherwise make them really annoying (i.e. because Hendrix seems to like Mac being really into her work, it makes her smugness about it less annoying because he's telling us it's cute?) I think there's something to be said about having the jack-the-lad type handsome rich dude be with a trans character where that has never once been something mentioned, he absolutely isn't bothered by it, which would have been a direction many shows might have taken that relationship. I think the lack of chemistry is that they're both not great actors and they've been given some really awkward dialogue. I dunno, I think I've gotten a bit soft post covid, I just like seeing people be nice and happy.

Hattieliz

This new neighbours, the police man’s wife is infuriating. Just shut up.

I find it weird that they bought them in to the street but perhaps their contract was signed before the collapse happened so they had to continue.

Her and her daughter are such irritating characters.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
That’s the thing with Neighbours. Characters grow on you, they are arrive troubled and difficult and Ramsey St rehabilitates them into someone completely different. I’m sure Zara will also go through this process, despite being a complete and utter brat at the moment,

Em_

VIP Member
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't watched Neighbours for a very long time (not deliberately - I was just always busy when it was on).

I've started watching it again now though and, although I don't like to admit this, I can understand why it's being canned. It's just all doom and gloom ... a festival of misery. People watch these sorts of shows for a bit of escapism and because they like to be entertained. Nobody wants to see miserable people acting miserly. The characters rarely smile or laugh; it's just awful. I haven't looked at the viewing numbers but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've been dwindling.

It used to be that there would be one or two miserable storylines going on in the background which had to happen in order to tell the story - but now, they seem to be the norm.

It's a real shame :(.
It's really not all doom and gloom, maybe because you've not watched for so long and don't know what's been going on. Also, just because you don't like it shouldn't mean that it should be axed. If you don't like it, don't watch it