Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But that wouldn't explain her being so off about the future of the show like she's gone from it so no longer cares and is moody over being let go. If she was just gone for a short Roy Cropper period I would expect her tweets about the show being cancelled to be a lot more positive saying she hopes it is saved, love the show etc.
She wouldn't be the first celebrity to be blunt with people asking things, or giving few word answers to questions.

I've seen it numerous times on Twitter.

I'm also not keen on pointing the finger at someone, without any credible evidence to back up the claims.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone see Julie Martin on BBC Breakfast yesterday? She came across very well... They showed the clip of her reversing into Cheryl Stark! I was hoping they were going to show her falling off the roof at the murder mystery weekend 🤣

Reactions: 2
I would love back,Piper Tyler xanthe ben libby steph all who have relations still on the street i think that be a great way too say goodbye

Reactions: 3
It would be nice if all the Kennedy kids came back. I think it’s nice they get mentioned in conversation still and that Helen Daniels’ painting of them all is still in the living room!

Reactions: 6
I like that this thread is the more realistic of all the places I see neighbours discussed. Some of the twitter and Facebook fans are being quite unrealistic in their expectations of what the outcome is going to be for neighbours. Twitter seems to be the worse for it moaning a completely different department of channel 5 (and likely an external production company anyway) dare make another tv show 🙄🙄🙄.

I doubt they’ll be many character returns if the show does end. Unfortunately I think it would be too short notice for many especially those who are now overseas with other jobs. I'm not sure how it would work anyway and a major death forcing people to return for a funeral would be a cop out In my opinion and there’s nobody that could realistically get engaged and get married in the time we’ve got left.

Reactions: 5
It was the same when C5 dropped Big Brother, their fans were bombarding Netflix and god knows who else demanding it was picked up.

I like that this thread is the more realistic of all the places I see neighbours discussed. Some of the twitter and Facebook fans are being quite unrealistic in their expectations of what the outcome is going to be for neighbours. Twitter seems to be the worse for it moaning a completely different department of channel 5 (and likely an external production company anyway) dare make another tv show 🙄🙄🙄.

I doubt they’ll be many character returns if the show does end. Unfortunately I think it would be too short notice for many especially those who are now overseas with other jobs. I'm not sure how it would work anyway and a major death forcing people to return for a funeral would be a cop out In my opinion and there’s nobody that could realistically get engaged and get married in the time we’ve got left.
I keep seeing Australian fans on Facebook not understanding that it’s gonna be axed everywhere, it’s really annoying when people don’t read 😂

I’m keeping a slither of hope but I’ve accepted that it will end.

I think a Ramsey Street anniversary party or something could be written in to bring people back. Or one of those events at Lassiters they always do. I hope some of the actors will think it’s worth flying over to do it

I personally think its a bit disrespectful to the current cast to get a load of past characters back. They've left and left for a reason for some characters it might make sense like the Kennedy kids, the willis kids but people who no longer have any connection or haven't been mentioned in years would be bad and move in my opinion and pointless to any storyline.
I'm absolutely gutted and in disbelief that any of this is happening, I've watched all my life and am even named after one of the characters as my mum was a fan before I was born.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe a few cameos over the next few months, someone comes back for Easter for example but I think the last episode should just be the current cast.
Im still in denial about the whole thing, I think I’d accept it more if no one watched it but there’s so much love for it still.
Maybe a channel like gold could run the episodes from day one again and I can still get my neighbours fix.

I think the trouble is soap viewing figures just aren’t what they were. It seems these days people are more interested in reality stuff or bigger budget six to ten episode drama such as killing eve or line of duty. I don’t really know many people my age who sit and watch soaps. I’m the only person in my friend circle who watches any soaps these days compared to when I was at school/college where people seemed to at least watch one.

A big downside of many peoples streaming habits is that people want an entire series all in one go to binge watch. They’re used to just clicking a box set and having it all immediately.
(obviously some exceptions and some streaming exclusives are now limited to one ep a week)
You could obviously stack your episodes for a week or so and binge but I don’t think soaps really lend themselves to binge watching (aside from in the 90’s with weekend omnibus episodes which was your only opportunity to catch up unless you taped them)

As much as I hope and pray neighbours finds a new (accessible) home I think it’s unlikely. If it was just a case of finding a broadcaster we’d be in with a bigger chance but I think finding a channel willing to cough up the money to make it as well is very slim. If it was more popular in Australia then maybe it would be better but I don’t see another British network proping up a foreign tv show that’s struggling to find funding in its own country.

Has anyone seen Jemma Donovan’s insta story? The original theme tune is number 1 on the itunes chart

Has anyone seen Jemma Donovan’s insta story? The original theme tune is number 1 on the itunes chart
Yeh it was a fan campaign 😊 weirdly Sheila put it on her story and tagged Bonnie Anderson as if to ask why why her version wasn’t charting

• Haha
Yeh it was a fan campaign 😊 weirdly Sheila put it on her story and tagged Bonnie Anderson as if to ask why why her version wasn’t charting
I saw that, felt like replying because it's awful 😂

Britbox looks promising to save it at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Something I want clearing up before the worst happens is what was in that report that got blown away about Glenn's past? I have tried watching Home and Away the last week, but just not feeling it. I like the fact that Neighbours has the characters in their intro so you pick up the names / faces easier. Home and Away used to do this in the early days but have stopped. I know none of our British soaps do it but it's a good idea really...

Something I want clearing up before the worst happens is what was in that report that got blown away about Glenn's past? I have tried watching Home and Away the last week, but just not feeling it. I like the fact that Neighbours has the characters in their intro so you pick up the names / faces easier. Home and Away used to do this in the early days but have stopped. I know none of our British soaps do it but it's a good idea really...
Hollyoaks is the only one that does it. I can see why more don’t. It must be a lot of time and effort having to change them all the time when characters come and go

Reactions: 4
Ive also tried with Home and Away on and off since it went to C5 but it feels like a completely different show now and has lost any of the warmth it had back in the 90’s. Am I right in saying that they don’t even have the full theme tune at the start anymore? Sacrilegious if true!

Neighbours on the other hand has always remained true to itself and has never tried to be something it’s not.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.