Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’m sure I read that Lucas is coming back but it didn’t mention Vanessa.
i never knew Pierce no. 2 is married to her.
There are so many connections with neighbours like Sonya (Eve Moray) being married to Tad in real life and Stefan Dennis’ real wife blowing up lassisters.
i always like finding out about things like that. Off to Google Pierce no. 2 now 😁

Reactions: 7

Jen

I do like the fact he isn’t bothered by trans but Mackenzie isn’t actually trans - she’s an activist. I think it’s good that’s she’s bringing trans to neighbours but why can’t a trans person play a trans person 🤷🏻‍♀️
The actress who plays Mackenzie - Georgie Stone - is trans is real life.

1001 others

VIP Member
It really is the end of an era :(. I honestly thought it would keep going forever ... it was the most exciting thing ever when it started and I was in my early teens ... at long last there was a show for the kids, while the parents favoured Coro Street.

Sam Frost (Home and Away) annoys me as she comes across as a major attention seeker. When she left Home and Away (she now wants to return, but that's a different story), the producers said her role would not be re-cast. However, I would like to see April Rose Pengilly slot into that role instead! From where I sit, she has worked hard, been loyal to the show without any scandals or 'look at me' attention-seeking antics, and she'd fit in well with that cast. It wouldn't be the first time H&A recast the role with someone who looks completely different to the previous actor.

Tim Kano would also make a great addition to the H&A cast in some capacity (maybe a younger love interest for the lovely Marilyn?).

1001 others

VIP Member
Anyone here who used to watch it on YouTube? At Australian pace?
I can't find the new episodes anymore and I'm just wondering if any YouTube watchers know which YouTube channel might have it now?
If you look up, 'RA Apparel Neighbours' you might find it ;)

Probably not. A large portion of the production funding comes from the UK so if another channel won’t take it on it will likely just end full stop.
I agree with this. Remember just a few years back when there was talk of it being cancelled, and the UK deal came through? Without that deal, it definitely would have ended. It's not as popular in NZ as Home and Away; not sure about the viewing numbers in Oz but it is on some obscure channel which isn't a good sign.

It hasn't been axed. It's facing the axe, but I don't think it will come to it. Channel 5 will renew their contract with the show for less money or surely one of the million subscription services around will pick it up. Look at some of the garbage on Netflix that becomes a huge hit because it has 222 million subscribers around the world. Whack something like Neighbours on there and it will be watched by tens of millions more than see it on Channel 5.
100%! Maybe a 'last minute' deal will come through much like it did a few years ago.

It's a shame the storylines have become so 'woke' ... it used to be a great watch.

I laughed at this comment in the DM:

1644123689270.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’m shocked at how sad I feel about it as well. It does feel like this is the end, and it’s not the same as when the show left BBC1 when both Five and ITV were fighting over it. ITV would have snapped their hands off back then, but I don’t think they would now and there’s nowhere in their schedule where it would fit in anyway.

Em_

VIP Member
I agree , I'm really not seeing how Nicolette is the victim in it all , very annoying at the moment how it's all playing out
I can't understand how she always gets forgiven, she's done so many horrible things. I don't think she has any redeeming features at all.

Multi-21

VIP Member
Goodness Nicolette is annoying - she took the boys baby, gave them a different one to raise and has now completely gone back on their original parenting agreement yet thinks it is all their fault and she’s well within her rights. As David said they had a perfectly good arrangement in place before she stepped in.
Sorry I’ve only just caught up on Fridays U.K. pace and she has infuriated me! Guess that means she is a good actress though 😂

I hope a channel like Drama starts showing it from the beginning. There’s some moments I’d love to watch again that I can’t find anywhere

newtoyou

VIP Member
Looks like it really is done 💔 See the email to the cast and crew in this article. No one is coming forward to fund it. Perhaps the fan reaction will make another channel reconsider.

Im the same as a lot of you, it’s my comfort programme and I’m really sad about it, despite it being rubbish at times, I still watch it and laugh at the nonsense.

• Sad

Lollypad

VIP Member
Gosh the news is sad (I know there are sadder things in the world) but it’s like an old family friend.

• Sad
Amy and her daughter Zara moving into toadys house how many bedrooms are there meant to be? Amy told Zara she would be getting her own room
That was exactly the mental calculation I was doing. I came up with four originally, based on Toady having a room, Nell and Hugo sharing and then Amy and Zara having separate rooms (I'm sure Amy said Zara would have her own room). However, I'd forgotten about Mackenzie. So unless Mackenzie and Zara are sharing I really don't know.

I had a similar thought when Dipi, Shane, Yashvi and the Kirsha lived there. To be fair though I think 'The Street' have always been a bit 'flexible' with the amount of bedrooms per house 😆.

• Haha

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Maybe a few cameos over the next few months, someone comes back for Easter for example but I think the last episode should just be the current cast.
Im still in denial about the whole thing, I think I’d accept it more if no one watched it but there’s so much love for it still.
Maybe a channel like gold could run the episodes from day one again and I can still get my neighbours fix.

VoicingOpinion

Who else agrees that Nicolette is annoying, a bully, interfering. The fake smile she does aswell.

It will be interesting to see where Dipi lives when the affair comes out.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think we safely assume she was the racist in the cast. TBH I think we all knew it was her anyway once the likes of Karl, Susan, Toadie, Paul and Terese were ruled out.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’m gutted. I love neighbours, it’s my 20 mins of sun and relax. I’ve watched for over 30 years.
It’s like when they cancelled shortland street all over again.

junkme

I personally think its a bit disrespectful to the current cast to get a load of past characters back. They've left and left for a reason for some characters it might make sense like the Kennedy kids, the willis kids but people who no longer have any connection or haven't been mentioned in years would be bad and move in my opinion and pointless to any storyline.
I'm absolutely gutted and in disbelief that any of this is happening, I've watched all my life and am even named after one of the characters as my mum was a fan before I was born.

• Heart

Em_

VIP Member
It says in that interview with Alan Fletcher that Adele is a fan. Maybe she could put up the funds and get a tv channel to show it.
She's too tight to do that, she's self obsessed. Also if she saved it, we might have to endure a guest appearance from her, she might even sing, that would be worse than Bea

• Haha