Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Jim Robinson died of a heart attack and knocked a fruit bowl off the table in ther process? So unintentionally hilarious 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve always thought David was too boring for Aaron. I feel like Aaron could do better

Reactions: 4
Why does the original tweeter think she left of her accord though and didn’t want a lot of fuss?

Reactions: 2
I'd love to see Colette back, we don't know if the rumours are true that it was her, either way I liked her character.

Reactions: 1
There was a reply she made on Twitter. Can’t remember exactly what but made it obvs she’s not returning. If she’s racist then good riddance.

I'd love to see Colette back, we don't know if the rumours are true that it was her, either way I liked her character.
She annoyed me most of the time. Way too invested in her grandson’s’ relationships to the point it was creepy. The pigeon thing was stupid. Hated the way she’d teeter around, like exaggerated tiptoeing with hands out.

Reactions: 3
Did you guys see the pics of Harlow and Ned holding hands?

Also looks like Harlow isn’t a witch anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She annoyed me most of the time. Way too invested in her grandson’s’ relationships to the point it was creepy. The pigeon thing was stupid. Hated the way she’d teeter around, like exaggerated tiptoeing with hands out.
I loved her and Gary the pigeon was hilarious, it's what I love about neighbours, some of the batshit crazy storylines like Gary the pigeon.

Did you guys see the pics of Harlow and Ned holding hands?

Also looks like Harlow isn’t a witch anymore.
She's over her compassion fatigue now 😂
I don't want them to put her with Ned

Reactions: 3
I loved her and Gary the pigeon was hilarious, it's what I love about neighbours, some of the batshit crazy storylines like Gary the pigeon.

She's over her compassion fatigue now 😂
I don't want them to put her with Ned

I think they might show Harlow falling for Ned, and so he leaves to give her space. She is so not his type, and he's clearly still into Amy.

I didn't like the Gary the pigeon storyline, but I do appreciate the continuity ,even having Gary at the wedding. Usually these kind of things last 3 episodes and are never mentioned again.

I think they might show Harlow falling for Ned, and so he leaves to give her space. She is so not his type, and he's clearly still into Amy.

I didn't like the Gary the pigeon storyline, but I do appreciate the continuity ,even having Gary at the wedding. Usually these kind of things last 3 episodes and are never mentioned again.
I found it hilarious when he was at the wedding. I just loved the ridiculousness of it

Interesting what it is like to live on Ramsay Street.

I do love this 2019 article about the home where Karl and Susan live because the inside of the real home is better than the inside of the tv show home.....

Reactions: 5
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't watched Neighbours for a very long time (not deliberately - I was just always busy when it was on).

I've started watching it again now though and, although I don't like to admit this, I can understand why it's being canned. It's just all doom and gloom ... a festival of misery. People watch these sorts of shows for a bit of escapism and because they like to be entertained. Nobody wants to see miserable people acting miserly. The characters rarely smile or laugh; it's just awful. I haven't looked at the viewing numbers but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've been dwindling.

It used to be that there would be one or two miserable storylines going on in the background which had to happen in order to tell the story - but now, they seem to be the norm.

It's a real shame :(.

• Angry
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't watched Neighbours for a very long time (not deliberately - I was just always busy when it was on).

I've started watching it again now though and, although I don't like to admit this, I can understand why it's being canned. It's just all doom and gloom ... a festival of misery. People watch these sorts of shows for a bit of escapism and because they like to be entertained. Nobody wants to see miserable people acting miserly. The characters rarely smile or laugh; it's just awful. I haven't looked at the viewing numbers but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've been dwindling.

It used to be that there would be one or two miserable storylines going on in the background which had to happen in order to tell the story - but now, they seem to be the norm.

It's really not all doom and gloom, maybe because you've not watched for so long and don't know what's been going on. Also, just because you don't like it shouldn't mean that it should be axed. If you don't like it, don't watch it

Reactions: 6

"While the show clearly doesn't bring in 20 million viewers like in its '80s heyday, its audience figures are remarkably consistent year in, year out – reflecting the fanbase's fierce loyalty.

Neighbours performs particularly well at lunchtime with an audience share of around 13%. This is often Channel 5's highest audience share of the entire day. The show also appears in the list of Channel 5's most-watched programmes each week, with figures around the 1.4 million mark.

"Neighbours is also a strong performer on Channel 5's streaming service My5. The "most popular" section of My5 regularly features episodes of Neighbours and Home and Away, perhaps indicating that fans watch on catch-up after coming home from work."

For references, that's 3-5x more than Hollyoaks.

Reactions: 5
We've all praised the cast but how about a word for those behind the scenes? The make up department do a good job at making Sadie look young for the part because it doesn't even look like her on her social media.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.