Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems it's over :( Even if someone wants it now it would likely have to go off air so they could get things ready to start filming again as it's that late in the day.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Alan seemed pretty resolute on This Morning that it’s ending. I guess they need to get going now on ending it properly and can’t hold out for stations to pick them up now. I’d love ITV to pick it up, their afternoon schedule is bloody awful!

It really is the end of an era :(. I honestly thought it would keep going forever ... it was the most exciting thing ever when it started and I was in my early teens ... at long last there was a show for the kids, while the parents favoured Coro Street.

Sam Frost (Home and Away) annoys me as she comes across as a major attention seeker. When she left Home and Away (she now wants to return, but that's a different story), the producers said her role would not be re-cast. However, I would like to see April Rose Pengilly slot into that role instead! From where I sit, she has worked hard, been loyal to the show without any scandals or 'look at me' attention-seeking antics, and she'd fit in well with that cast. It wouldn't be the first time H&A recast the role with someone who looks completely different to the previous actor.

Tim Kano would also make a great addition to the H&A cast in some capacity (maybe a younger love interest for the lovely Marilyn?).

Reactions: 7
It really is the end of an era :(. I honestly thought it would keep going forever ... it was the most exciting thing ever when it started and I was in my early teens ... at long last there was a show for the kids, while the parents favoured Coro Street.

Sam Frost (Home and Away) annoys me as she comes across as a major attention seeker. When she left Home and Away (she now wants to return, but that's a different story), the producers said her role would not be re-cast. However, I would like to see April Rose Pengilly slot into that role instead! From where I sit, she has worked hard, been loyal to the show without any scandals or 'look at me' attention-seeking antics, and she'd fit in well with that cast. It wouldn't be the first time H&A recast the role with someone who looks completely different to the previous actor.

Tim Kano would also make a great addition to the H&A cast in some capacity (maybe a younger love interest for the lovely Marilyn?).
The three I see doing the best away from Neighbours as in a chance of getting known by way more people around the world due to either Hollywood or a big hit on a streaming service would be....

Chloe. April has a famous musician dad and is in with Peta so ticks boxes.

Mckenzie is trans and her mum wrote a book about it. She ticks boxes.

Hendrix. He's young and got the look that's marketable to a certain demographic.

Others like Paul, Toadie, Karl and Susan would be typecast from being there so long so would be more likely to get a reality TV slot like I'm A Celebrity or do a theatre tour talking about their time on the show.

Most of the rest we may never see again. Harlow aka Gemma may get drama work back over here because of her family name.

Reactions: 5

April would probably love h&a, especially with it being in Sydney as she doesn't seem keen on Melbourne. Are her and Tim together?
Rebekah could potentially go back to h&a, it's where she started and she was one of my favourite characters in it.

• Heart
Just heard that that is definitely it, no last minute rescue packages. It's sad, but I think everyone has become resigned to it the last month... I think the writing was on the wall when the UK started seeing the show first it just felt wrong, call it superstition or something ..

• Sad
I think there will be an “event/function” as the backstory of everyone coming back for the final months/eps. I think, it will be the re-wedding of Paul and Terese.

Sad that it’s ending. I think I might start watching from the beginning. I have to say though I don’t really like to watch shows set in the 80s/90s so I’ll see how it goes.

Today’s ep made me feel sorry for Zara. A 180 cause I absolutely hated her.

Reactions: 6
The episode today annoyed me....

Toadie is a trained lawyer but can't tell when a teenager is telling the truth?

Despite all the other fire incidents the school still hasn't put up CCTVs to see who the culprit is?

Zara is arrested with no evidence? Kerosene started the fire but nothing links it to her.

Hendrix got to Mckenzie before the trained fire brigade did even though the professionals had a head start on the teenager?

Zara and Mckenzie are surrounded by smoke but don't think to cover their mouths at any time?

Reactions: 5
I think we all knew this was going to happen. I will miss it terribly.

• Sad
Do none of these teachers ever lock their classrooms or store cupboards? (Obvs in soapland things are different) but in real life at least when I was at school everything was locked up when not in use. But given how many incidents that schools had youd think common sense would coming same goes for CCTV in communal areas.

Also surely they wouldn’t have been able arrest and question Zara as a minor without Amy (as her parent) or Toady (as legal rep) being present at the station. Also sure the police would do a mass questioning at the school before an arrest.

Reactions: 2
Do none of these teachers ever lock their classrooms or store cupboards? (Obvs in soapland things are different) but in real life at least when I was at school everything was locked up when not in use. But given how many incidents that schools had youd think common sense would coming same goes for CCTV in communal areas.

Also surely they wouldn’t have been able arrest and question Zara as a minor without Amy (as her parent) or Toady (as legal rep) being present at the station. Also sure the police would do a mass questioning at the school before an arrest.
You would also move everyone away from a burning building on safety grounds. Yet the fire brigade like a bunch of school kids and teachers hang around outside the school where anything could happen.

At least we know why MacKenzie’s arm was in the cast for so long now though 😂

• Haha
Yep, confirmed by Daily Mail too:

It's very sad ... it feels like a relative's passing :cry:.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get tell-alls from the cast. There was a funny story in DM the other day about a guest star who expected a farewell party to be thrown - lots of people were guessing it was Tammin Sursok, who seems to think a great deal of herself.

Yep, confirmed by Daily Mail too:

It's very sad ... it feels like a relative's passing :cry:.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get tell-alls from the cast. There was a funny story in DM the other day about a guest star who expected a farewell party to be thrown - lots of people were guessing it was Tammin Sursok, who seems to think a great deal of herself.
Tammin Sursok joining the cast. Christie Hayes has already been on the show. Do we still have time left for Kate Garven to cameo to complete the trifecta of the Sutherland sisters :D I haven't watch Home and Away for donkeys years but did in them days. Lads were obsessed with Tammin but I always preffered Christie.

Reactions: 3
Gosh the news is sad (I know there are sadder things in the world) but it’s like an old family friend.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Harold is supposed to be returning for the final episodes? Hope they bring back Lou as well. Alan also said one of the characters from Karl’s ‘sordid past’ is also returning so I’m assuming Izzy? Alan and Jackie are both close to the actress who played her.

Harold is supposed to be returning for the final episodes? Hope they bring back Lou as well. Alan also said one of the characters from Karl’s ‘sordid past’ is also returning so I’m assuming Izzy? Alan and Jackie are both close to the actress who played her.
I thought Izzy or Sarah (though she came back quite recently)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.