Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw an article saying Hollyoaks gets 600,000 viewers a day. I can’t see channel 4 replacing that with neighbours but it does show 1.4 million is a good number.
I wonder what doctors or other programmes currently in the lunchtime slot on BBC1 get.

Reactions: 5
I saw an article saying Hollyoaks gets 600,000 viewers a day. I can’t see channel 4 replacing that with neighbours but it does show 1.4 million is a good number.
I wonder what doctors or other programmes currently in the lunchtime slot on BBC1 get.
They could show neighbours before and then Hollyoaks would gain more viewers. I wondered if sky would be interested as they don't have a soap

Reactions: 3
I read channel 5 have a deal to show H&a as long as it’s made, probably why they’ve shoved it over to 5 star.
I looked up viewing figures for ch5 and last week of January Neighbours comes in 11th, 16th, 19th in the top 20 shows shown that week.
The more I read about the new head of ch5 it seems he trying to reinvent the station which means ditching shows that are still popular. I hope they outcry by fans makes another sit up and realise it’s a good show to take on.

Reactions: 4
I had no idea Jackie was brought up in Ireland! Her accent really surprised me in this clip 😆
Dr Karl has spoken too :D

Good to see support from Home and Away especially as a lot of people will lose their jobs.....

Speaking of losing their jobs how well do people think the cast will do away from the soap? A lot of them are typecast like Karl, Susan, Paul and Toadie who will always be seen for that role but I can see them offered things here like I'm A Celebrity and Dancing On Ice. Bland characters like Aaron, David and Jane I don't see offers flooding in for. There is probably only Chloe that I could see ending up on a big subscription service production or going to Hollywood either for a movie or a sitcom/drama.

Reactions: 3
It says in that interview with Alan Fletcher that Adele is a fan. Maybe she could put up the funds and get a tv channel to show it.

• Haha
It says in that interview with Alan Fletcher that Adele is a fan. Maybe she could put up the funds and get a tv channel to show it.
She's too tight to do that, she's self obsessed. Also if she saved it, we might have to endure a guest appearance from her, she might even sing, that would be worse than Bea

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sheila’s exit is going to be off camera. So she will just randomly vanish one day. How strange…

I’m all for saving the show but I can’t see it happening. I think soaps have had their day and I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the UK soaps axed in the near future as well. The thing that gets me the most though is that Neighbours is in far better shape than it’s UK counterparts, and that it’s being dropped while Eastenders is still on air despite being unwatchable tripe really stings.
i keep hoping someone like ITV would step in and make it Itv2’s early evening soap but I’m not sure it fits it’s target audience and I’m guessing it’s unlikely due to the cost.

I agree, Eastenders is horrendous and relentlessly feel bad

The ratings for the big three are high like 5m plus but seem to be in decline but quite slowly. I haven’t watched Eastenders in over 20 years, always seems very bleak and depressing.
Every few years rumours swirl around about hollyoaks and with the viewing figures I’m amazed channel 4 haven’t cancelled it so I can’t see channel 4 wanting neighbours.

Really said about this news, it has a bit more comedy feel too it than home and away which i also love

Reactions: 2
She hasn't read the room when compared to how other cast members have reacted to the news. I think she's been sacked and probably because of the race row.

• Wow
I think we safely assume she was the racist in the cast. TBH I think we all knew it was her anyway once the likes of Karl, Susan, Toadie, Paul and Terese were ruled out.

I think we safely assume she was the racist in the cast. TBH I think we all knew it was her anyway once the likes of Karl, Susan, Toadie, Paul and Terese were ruled out.
I must admit I didn't think it was her. Although I was never really sure who it could be because so many were ruled out. She worked so closely with the actor who made the complaint. If it was her, what an awful thing to have to work that closely with someone who was being racist toward you.
I wonder if anyone else will speak out once it's no longer on air.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.