Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I’ve worked out someone who may be returning…

I saw a Twitter post earlier this week quoting Jodi Gordon (actress who played Elly Conway). I’m paraphrasing but she said she’d love to return to Neighbours and she had been in talks with members of production but nothing has amounted from those talks as of yet. The only source I could find online that could possibly verify the contents of this Tweet is an article in the Daily Telegraph that’s hidden behind a paywall…

April Rose-Pengilly who plays Chloe when initially responding to the news that Neighbours was returning was originally apprehensive to the idea of returning because she didn’t want to ruin the happy ending that #Chelly fans received back in July. Since then, on one of her Instagram stories a month or so ago, she’s said she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and either move back to Melbourne or commute there. With April about to embark on the Neighbours UK Celebration Tour, in the next few weeks, I feel it’d be slightly awkward, if production haven’t at least asked her to reprise her role of Chloe once the show returns. Therefore, given how producers have likely asked April if she wants to return coupled with the fact that she’s stated on her Instagram she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and how she’s now no longer responding to questions on her Instagram asking her if she’s been asked back yet, this all points towards the idea that she’s returning to the show.

Here’s a clip of April and Jodi together:

This to me suggests that April was willing to return to Neighbours when she heard that Jodi was considering going back as well. This way, #Chelly fans are satisfied and the actresses get to return to the show.

Reactions: 2
I think I’ve worked out someone who may be returning…

I saw a Twitter post earlier this week quoting Jodi Gordon (actress who played Elly Conway). I’m paraphrasing but she said she’d love to return to Neighbours and she had been in talks with members of production but nothing has amounted from those talks as of yet. The only source I could find online that could possibly verify the contents of this Tweet is an article in the Daily Telegraph that’s hidden behind a paywall…

April Rose-Pengilly who plays Chloe when initially responding to the news that Neighbours was returning was originally apprehensive to the idea of returning because she didn’t want to ruin the happy ending that #Chelly fans received back in July. Since then, on one of her Instagram stories a month or so ago, she’s said she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and either move back to Melbourne or commute there. With April about to embark on the Neighbours UK Celebration Tour, in the next few weeks, I feel it’d be slightly awkward, if production haven’t at least asked her to reprise her role of Chloe once the show returns. Therefore, given how producers have likely asked April if she wants to return coupled with the fact that she’s stated on her Instagram she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and how she’s now no longer responding to questions on her Instagram asking her if she’s been asked back yet, this all points towards the idea that she’s returning to the show.

Here’s a clip of April and Jodi together:

This to me suggests that April was willing to return to Neighbours when she heard that Jodi was considering going back as well. This way, #Chelly fans are satisfied and the actresses get to return to the show.
I hope she doesn't return, I hated Chelly and the ending they gave Chloe was awful. I don't know anyone who likes them, they are quite disliked on a neighbours fb group I'm on.
I love the character of Chloe, but I'd rather they not bring her back if they bring Chelly back. I also wondered how she could come back as she was the only one who sold her house.

Reactions: 5
I guess if they move it forward in time they could make anything happen. Jane and Mike leave and see back to Chloe maybe. With Aaron and David leaving I guess having a same sex couple might be something producers want. I’m not overly fused with either Chloe or Ellie but Im just happy neighbours is coming back so will take anything.

Reactions: 3
I hope she doesn't return, I hated Chelly and the ending they gave Chloe was awful. I don't know anyone who likes them, they are quite disliked on a neighbours fb group I'm on.
I love the character of Chloe, but I'd rather they not bring her back if they bring Chelly back. I also wondered how she could come back as she was the only one who sold her house.
I agree. There’s definitely many characters I want back before Elly, especially considering I couldn’t stand her relationship with Chloe. I never understood why the idea of them becoming a couple was popular amongst fans considering Elly’s treatment of Chloe, even in the final few weeks of the show. I hope the new cast won’t constitute of the scraps and remnants of the 2022 cast. I hope the producers are appealing to past cast members who weren’t present for the finale to make a comeback. For example, I’d love to see Darcy Tyler and Dee to return.

I also agree with your point about Chloe. Logistically, considering she sold the house and there wasn’t really anything else keeping her on Ramsay Street anymore, it would make more sense for her not to come back to the show, once it returns, as opposed to keeping her on the street which also has potential to ruin one of the best things about the finale which was Mike and Jane buying No. 24. I REALLY hope that even if they can’t secure Guy Pearce to guest star in the first couple of episodes, that they don’t undo that ending. I think that would leave many long-term fans with a sour taste in their mouths and could possibly discourage people from sticking with the reboot.

I agree. There’s definitely many characters I want back before Elly, especially considering I couldn’t stand her relationship with Chloe. I never understood why the idea of them becoming a couple was popular amongst fans considering Elly’s treatment of Chloe, even in the final few weeks of the show. I hope the new cast won’t constitute of the scraps and remnants of the 2022 cast. I hope the producers are appealing to past cast members who weren’t present for the finale to make a comeback. For example, I’d love to see Darcy Tyler and Dee to return.

I also agree with your point about Chloe. Logistically, considering she sold the house and there wasn’t really anything else keeping her on Ramsay Street anymore, it would make more sense for her not to come back to the show, once it returns, as opposed to keeping her on the street which also has potential to ruin one of the best things about the finale which was Mike and Jane buying No. 24. I REALLY hope that even if they can’t secure Guy Pearce to guest star in the first couple of episodes, that they don’t undo that ending. I think that would leave many long-term fans with a sour taste in their mouths and could possibly discourage people from sticking with the reboot.
I guess Mike and Jane could decide to leave for a fresh start somewhere and pull out of the house deal leaving Chloe to think she might stay after all if Elly is willing to relocate. Although I am not sure if in the final episode Chloe had already sold to Shane? I feel a bit sorry for Annie (Jane) as in order for Mike and Jane to have their happy ending really she can't come back long term as Guy won't.. i never watched Chloe and Elly together only at the end so can't form an opinion at the moment. I am still rooting for Terese and Mel to come back but will have to see..

Reactions: 1
I guess Mike and Jane could decide to leave for a fresh start somewhere and pull out of the house deal leaving Chloe to think she might stay after all if Elly is willing to relocate. Although I am not sure if in the final episode Chloe had already sold to Shane? I feel a bit sorry for Annie (Jane) as in order for Mike and Jane to have their happy ending really she can't come back long term as Guy won't.. i never watched Chloe and Elly together only at the end so can't form an opinion at the moment. I am still rooting for Terese and Mel to come back but will have to see..
I hope Terese and Mel come back more than anyone, because I don't want to split the two couples up, even though Terese can do better than Paul.
I hope Jane comes back, maybe they could either kill Mike off or jane mentions him and we never see him. I suppose they could re-cast him, but that wouldn't work.
I'd love Roxy and Kyle back.
I would like from the recentish cast, Xanthe, Tyler and Piper to come back, I don't think any of them did anything for the final. I'd have liked to see Ben and Xanthe and Libby, but the actor who plays Ben won't come back, he's doing well in America.

I’d quite like a refresh, some old faces coming back but with a couple of new families in Chloe and the Brennan house. I think for a happy ending Jane needs to leave and if she goes as well as David and Aaron no need for Nicolette to come back.
It does need to get some rid of the excess characters and hangers on it had who had no real ties to the street anymore, Glenn, Kiri, McKenzie, Amy, Zara, Levi & Freya.

I think Terese and Mel coming back is almost a guarantee.

I’d like to see the Kennedy family bolstered up once the show returns. I wonder if they can tempt Kym Valentine to reprise her role as Libby. I think they could get Mal Kennedy back. Definitely get Darcy Tyler to returnI absolutely love Izzy to return once again but I doubt that will happen.

I think a big new family is just what the show needs. Something akin to the Scullys, the Starks or the Timmins. Neighbours thrives on producing these big chaotic families, but it was something we was deprived of in the final few years of the show. Introducing a big extended family during the show’s return would give it an extra injection of life and could entice new viewers as well.

I wouldn’t mind David and Aaron sticking around, purely for the fact it gives Nicolette an excuse to remain on Ramsay Street considering she was one of my favourite characters.

I’d like to see the return of Sharon Davies who sent Melanie her congratulations on marrying Toadie. I saw someone suggest that maybe Bronwyn and Henry’s lovechild could turn up on the street giving Shazza an excuse to stay on Ramsay Street to look out for her troubled nephew.

I want Freya to return. She was a brilliant layered character who I felt could’ve been explored even further.

I would love Roxy and Kyle to return, especially now Roxy will be a mother. I could definitely see the actress who plays Roxy being up for it.

I’d like Dee to return.

I’ve been doing some more digging and another fan has possibly found out another person who may be returning…

If Lucinda Cowden is under no contractual obligations with Fremantle, why is she being prevented from doing a Neighbours Q&A, by production? This to me suggests Melanie is returning.

Reactions: 3
I think Terese and Mel coming back is almost a guarantee.

I’d like to see the Kennedy family bolstered up once the show returns. I wonder if they can tempt Kym Valentine to reprise her role as Libby. I think they could get Mal Kennedy back. Definitely get Darcy Tyler to returnI absolutely love Izzy to return once again but I doubt that will happen.

I think a big new family is just what the show needs. Something akin to the Scullys, the Starks or the Timmins. Neighbours thrives on producing these big chaotic families, but it was something we was deprived of in the final few years of the show. Introducing a big extended family during the show’s return would give it an extra injection of life and could entice new viewers as well.

I wouldn’t mind David and Aaron sticking around, purely for the fact it gives Nicolette an excuse to remain on Ramsay Street considering she was one of my favourite characters.

I’d like to see the return of Sharon Davies who sent Melanie her congratulations on marrying Toadie. I saw someone suggest that maybe Bronwyn and Henry’s lovechild could turn up on the street giving Shazza an excuse to stay on Ramsay Street to look out for her troubled nephew.

I want Freya to return. She was a brilliant layered character who I felt could’ve been explored even further.

I would love Roxy and Kyle to return, especially now Roxy will be a mother. I could definitely see the actress who plays Roxy being up for it.

I’d like Dee to return.
I totally agree with everything you've said. I wonder if they'll bring back the policeman's family, I can't even remember their names.
---
I’ve been doing some more digging and another fan has possibly found out another person who may be returning…

If Lucinda Cowden is under no contractual obligations with Fremantle, why is she being prevented from doing a Neighbours Q&A, by production? This to me suggests Melanie is returning.
Fingers crossed, the acrod who plays Toadie said he'd like her to return. It would be nice to have a happily married couple and they work well together

Jodi Gordon has once again hinted at a return to Neighbours!

Conversations have been happening and she hints that April could be returning as well, as I predicted. Not sure how I feel about this as whilst Elly was quite a significant character during her time on the show and I’d like the Kennedy family bolstered up during the show’s revival, I think there’s a whole host of other characters the audience would want back before Elly.

Jodi Gordon has once again hinted at a return to Neighbours!

Conversations have been happening and she hints that April could be returning as well, as I predicted. Not sure how I feel about this as whilst Elly was quite a significant character during her time on the show and I’d like the Kennedy family bolstered up during the show’s revival, I think there’s a whole host of other characters the audience would want back before Elly.
Jodi should go back to home and away, Martha was a better character than Elly and it's filmed in Sydney.

Reactions: 4
Went to start watching the 2012 eps & didn't realize they were adding a few older eps at the same time. There's 50 eps from the start up til 2010

I started watching 2012 for the first time. It’s quite easy viewing and I watched 6 episodes this morning.

Hope everyone is enjoying the batch of Neighbours episodes that landed on Freevee yesterday!

In other exciting news, we could be getting some news next week regarding the reboot and another actor is hinting towards a return to the show. Tim Kano who played Leo Tanaka, has hinted that he could be returning to the rebooted Neighbours.

“I am tightly lipped about it but it is really exciting,” Kano said as he boarded a Virgin Australia Pride Flight to Sydney. “There will be a few announcements next week about what is happening, the new cast and the future of the show, it is just awesome.”

Reactions: 4
Hope everyone is enjoying the batch of Neighbours episodes that landed on Freevee yesterday!

In other exciting news, we could be getting some news next week regarding the reboot and another actor is hinting towards a return to the show. Tim Kano who played Leo Tanaka, has hinted that he could be returning to the rebooted Neighbours.

“I am tightly lipped about it but it is really exciting,” Kano said as he boarded a Virgin Australia Pride Flight to Sydney. “There will be a few announcements next week about what is happening, the new cast and the future of the show, it is just awesome.”
I've not had chance to watch yet as I can't download the app on my TV downstairs or on sky, so will try on my other TV. Half term has also got in the way.

Me neither. I do have the app but not watched any yet. Juggling work and half term has been a bit much this week. Looking forward to watching next week.

The app isn’t available in the EU as far as I’m aware so I can’t watch 😞

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.