Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never thought we'd have a new thread for our beloved neighbours. Neighbours announced on the 17th Novemebr 2022 that it was coming back. Neighbours will be on freevee in the UK from mid 2023 and Channel 10 in OZ.
It's great news and the majority of us are happy that neighbours is back, roll on 2023!

So far we know that Karl, Susan, Toadie and Paul will be back.

Thanks to Don'tStart for the thread title.
Screenshot_20221118-153928_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Reactions: 5
Toadie has been doing interviews today.

- Said they only found out last week via a personal visit to each of their homes by the producer Jason
- He doesn’t know if Freevee will air all the old episodes or just a selection
- The new series is considered full time employment for him

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Toadie has been doing interviews today.

- Said they only found out last week via a personal visit to each of their homes by the producer Jason
- He doesn’t know if Freevee will air all the old episodes or just a selection
- The new series is considered full time employment for him
It sounds like a really last minute decision, or is it normal for producers to leave telling actors til the last minute like this?

Reactions: 3
I would say last minute. Do Karl, Susan and toadie live in Melbourne? Maybe it was a last minute whiz round to see if they are onboard and do the promo video. Maybe they were up against it time wise to tell people before the news broke hence just those 4 being spoken to.

I would say last minute. Do Karl, Susan and toadie live in Melbourne? Maybe it was a last minute whiz round to see if they are onboard and do the promo video. Maybe they were up against it time wise to tell people before the news broke hence just those 4 being spoken to.
It must be a relief for them, imagine having worked almost your whole career on such an iconic show, it must be hard to find work on anything else (not to mention with all the competition from the rest of your ex castmates)

Reactions: 5
It sounded like they live close as he got to all of them in one day. IMO they are the main 4 and those are the ones it wouldn’t be the same without

Reactions: 8
Thank you for using my thread suggestion 😊!

The Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has given an exclusive interview to Digital Spy, discussing show’s revival.

One thing he said stood out to me. When asked if Neighbours would be returning in a daily episode format or just for one series, he said they’ve got plenty more announcements surrounding the show’s revival coming up, but he assured us there will be lots of new episodes to enjoy.

On Twitter, AmazonUK have just replied to Amazon Freevee’s announcement that Neighbours will be returning. Baring in mind, AmazonUK has 1.5 million Twitter followers 😳!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Thank you for using my thread suggestion 😊!

The Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has given an exclusive interview to Digital Spy, discussing show’s revival.

One thing he said stood out to me. When asked if Neighbours would be returning in a daily episode format or just for one series, he said they’ve got plenty more announcements surrounding the show’s revival coming up, but he assured us there will be lots of new episodes to enjoy.

On Twitter, AmazonUK have just replied to Amazon Freevee’s announcement that Neighbours will be returning. Baring in mind, AmazonUK has 1.5 million Twitter followers 😳!
Thanks for sharing the article. I can't see them doing 5 episodes a week, I know April said on instagram thay the cast found it too much doing 5 episodes a week. I wonder if it will be cheaper to do 2 episodes a week and cut the cast down.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s going to very interesting who out of the younger ones do return and how it’s explained where they’ve gone rather than it just being glossed over. Maybe the opening could be another monologue from Susan talking about the year they’ve been away and then it’s gets any awkward X/Y/Z person moved on. I do hope they don’t force any of the abandoned storylines onto new neighbours such as the earthquake mostly because it sounded dreadful.

I would love to see April back. I guess we’ll see…
Her comments about it being so much work are interesting, obviously it must be but all the people who work in soaps do this surely? Either way I don't think it would be likely to hVe a soap format on a streaming service as presumably they would release loads of episodes at once, rather than daily as soaps usually are. I wonder how the actors feel about not being told about anything and finding out viabsoxial media, I'd be pretty angry tbh

I would love to see April back. I guess we’ll see…
I would but only if she's single when she comes back, I hate Elly.

Her comments about it being so much work are interesting, obviously it must be but all the people who work in soaps do this surely? Either way I don't think it would be likely to hVe a soap format on a streaming service as presumably they would release loads of episodes at once, rather than daily as soaps usually are. I wonder how the actors feel about not being told about anything and finding out viabsoxial media, I'd be pretty angry tbh
I imagine they weren't happy, buy the main 4 were told and they could easily continue without a lot of the other cast.

It'll feel weird coming back after the emotional farewell and everything being tied up!

All the former castmates aside from the core four aren't exactly entitled to their jobs back once neighbours returns so I can see why they haven't been told before the social media announcement.

Neighbours seems to always revert back to casting their old cast members again and again which is sweet but it also annoys me because the actors who have mocked their time on the show then years later end up returning when they realise their acting skills aren't up to scratch and are not able to get any permanant jobs elsewhere.

I enjoyed the finale and I dislike that they will have to unwrap the ending. I think to bring new/younger audiences, they need cast younger people who are from new families especially since its airing on streaming platforms abroad which means the older gen won't have as much access to it. The past year, they got rid of the school which imo was silly.

I am more or less certain that Melanie and Terese will be returning for the next series. Jason Herbison, in his interview said he hopes to entice many familiar faces back to the show. I’ve just seen a Tweet asking Lucinda Cowden to return for the next series, and she replied “I’m crossing absolutely everything”. It’s very likely she will be asked by Jason to return considering she married Toadie and is a fan favourite, so basically Melanie is returning.

Rebekah Elmaloglu who plays Terese has been uploading Instagram stories where people are saying they want Paul and Terese back together, indicating she wants to return.

I’ve also seen this 👀:

The fact that episodes will air the week after they’ve aired in Network 10, on Amazon indicates Neighbours’ format could remain the same. It’s worth noting that this account corrected their Tweet and said the airdate for the new series could be as early as July.

I am more or less certain that Melanie and Terese will be returning for the next series. Jason Herbison, in his interview said he hopes to entice many familiar faces back to the show. I’ve just seen a Tweet asking Lucinda Cowden to return for the next series, and she replied “I’m crossing absolutely everything”. It’s very likely she will be asked by Jason to return considering she married Toadie and is a fan favourite, so basically Melanie is returning.

Rebekah Elmaloglu who plays Terese has been uploading Instagram stories where people are saying they want Paul and Terese back together, indicating she wants to return.

I’ve also seen this 👀:

The fact that episodes will air the week after they’ve aired in Network 10, on Amazon indicates Neighbours’ format could remain the same. It’s worth noting that this account corrected their Tweet and said the airdate for the new series could be as early as July.
We are used to seeing episodes the same time as Australia, if not before them. People won't accept being so far behind them again like the old days.

Bit of a knob isn't he. His past run in with the law he obviously didn't learn from. It's no wonder he wasn't invited back.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m shocked. The article is awful though, talks more about the incident in 2019 where he was glassed. Do wonder what he said to the woman to provoke such a response then waffles about his time in neighbours and says he has two daughters when he actually has a son and daughter. Lazy journalism.
Not condoning him though as a dad he should be providing a good role model for his kids.

We are used to seeing episodes the same time as Australia, if not before them. People won't accept being so far behind them again like the old days.

Bit of a knob isn't he. His past run in with the law he obviously didn't learn from. It's no wonder he wasn't invited back.
I wonder if that's why he didn't return for the final, I remember he wasn't happy that they didn't ask him back. I always thought it was odd that Paige came back, but he didn't

I'm just glad it's back, it's annoying that we'll be behind, but if ratings are good they might catch us up, but at this point who cares as long as it's back.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if that's why he didn't return for the final, I remember he wasn't happy that they didn't ask him back. I always thought it was odd that Paige came back, but he didn't

I'm just glad it's back, it's annoying that we'll be behind, but if ratings are good they might catch us up, but at this point who cares as long as it's back.
Neighbours finished filming in June so I wouldn't be surprised if this February incident put them off using him.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.