Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t mind Chloe but not bothered about the Brennan partners/baby mum. Levi can go too 😴

Wouldn’t mind Mark and Paige back but everytime I see Paige now I think about how she’s allegedly horrible.

I wouldn’t mind the Rodwells coming back and another family with a teenager so they can bring back the school.
You think about how Paige is allegedly horrible, but OK with Mark coming back who we know is horrible from his run ins with the law more than once haha.

Reactions: 2
Would definitely want the below back
Chloe
Kyle and Roxy
The Rebecchis
Therese
Levi and Freya
Nicolette and Kiri
A new family with kids that are school aged

Not fussed about the rest but please no Ellie!

Would definitely want the below back
Chloe
Kyle and Roxy
The Rebecchis
Therese
Levi and Freya
Nicolette and Kiri
A new family with kids that are school aged

Not fussed about the rest but please no Ellie!
All of the above for me too, with the addition of Glen because I find him attractive (oooh add Leo for that reason too!) and I'd like to see his relationship with Kiri develop.

Reactions: 1
You think about how Paige is allegedly horrible, but OK with Mark coming back who we know is horrible from his run ins with the law more than once haha.
I had no idea about that! Just googled it. Ok now I don’t want him back. No wonder he wasn’t at the finale.

I think it was getting to the point where there were too many distant relatives or stand alone characters again all house sharing. I’d prefer a new family at Chloe’s house and maybe the Rodwell’s son to arrive to fill them out a bit more as well.
Can do without Leo, Glen and the whole vineyard set. I did like Levi but can do without Freya, Amy and Zara and some other fringe characters like Clive, Vera, Curtis

Is there anyone you don't want back? I loved Chloe, but don't want her back with Ellie as she was the worst character.
There’s quite a few I don’t want back.

The Rodwells - I know they suffered from lack of development due to how they joined in the final few months of the show, but still I thought they were awful. The dad was a non-entity, the mother was SO irritating (also I find it completely unrealistic you’d be so determined to get your new neighbours to like you), and the daughter couldn’t act for toffee (if they have to return, she needs to be recast). We need a completely new family.

Chloe - I really liked her as a character but in the last year of the show, she felt like a spare part who was just floating around. Also, she was the only one who sold her house in the end, so it would make more sense if she didn’t come back when the show returns, especially seeing as I still want Mike to own the house.

Kiri & Glen - Kiri never really fitted in on the street, I felt. I didn’t feel she made any genuine connections with any characters. I thought her flip-flopping between Nicolette and Chloe became rather tiresome. Glen’s return was also a big disappointment for me. Neighbours usually get returns right but his character felt rather directionless. I thought that when he returned, he was going to have some big revenge plot to exact on Paul, but nothing ever amounted from their feud. He’s a character whose just best left in the past.

Leo - I don’t understand why he came back in the first place.

Zara - I’d like Zara to return as I want Amy back, but I want her to be recast. I think she needs to become more outgoing and bubblier so she feels more like Amy’s daughter as opposed to being miserable and meddling.

Reactions: 5
Guy Pearce was on This Morning yesterday and they got into the topic of Neighbours. Apparently, Neighbours producers have already been in touch with him. Let’s face it, he’ll never come back on a permanent basis to Neighbours, but I don’t see the harm in him making small guest appearances for a couple of episodes every so often. For example, they could lure him back for the first episode in the revival, where they’re all celebrating the fact he’s got a job to go and teach in a developing country. He then drives off into the sunset on his motorcycle. This way, they don’t have to split Mike and Jane up yet Guy isn’t tied down to Neighbours.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just got tickets for Alan Fletcher’s tour The dr will see you now. He’s released his 2023 dates and one is just down the road from me, so couldn’t resist. So now I have the neighbours tour in March and Alan in June and neighbours back. Looking forward to 2023 😊

Reactions: 3
Did anyone catch Alan Fletcher on GMB this morning? Just saw he said he was making an announcement about 8.30am on it.

Did anyone catch Alan Fletcher on GMB this morning? Just saw he said he was making an announcement about 8.30am on it.
Yep, I watched it. The interview barely lasted three minutes, and calling it an interview a bit generous as well. It was just Richard Madeley and Susannah Reid just talking at Alan about how Neighbours is coming back on streaming service (they didn’t even bother to mention which streaming service) and how Kylie and Jason returned for the finale. It really frustrates me that when Neighbours stars come onto these daytime TV shows that they are just asked the same questions over and over again by the presenters. The likes of Susannah Reid, Phil and Holly and the Loose Women are not qualified to be giving interviews. The UK is supposed to love Neighbours more than Australia, but I see the cast being interviewed on Australian TV shows like The Project and they get asked insightful questions.

There was no exclusive announcement about Neighbours as far as I’m aware. I think his announcement was that he’s releasing an album. If it was an announcement to do with Neighbours then his interview on GMB would’ve been plugged on the official Neighbours social media pages.

Reactions: 4
That’s disappointing. Such a waste as they could have plugged the new series better. I don’t get the constant obsession with Kylie and Jason who were on it for 5 mins 30 years ago plus. It would be like every Eastenders actor being asked about Den and Angie all the time.

Reactions: 4
That’s disappointing. Such a waste as they could have plugged the new series better. I don’t get the constant obsession with Kylie and Jason who were on it for 5 mins 30 years ago plus. It would be like every Eastenders actor being asked about Den and Angie all the time.
Same here, it's annoying.

I'm hoping that we get Darcy back seeing as that was the plan before it got axed

Neighbours cast in the dark about upcoming Amazon reboot # via https://android.com

Hope we get some news soon lads. And keep your fingers crossed the Rodwells disappear forever 🙏🏻
I heard they were going to have a younger son too but that idea was shelved due to the axing... at least we were spared that! I thought they arrived under too much of a cloud for a start with Sadie and the school fire.. It was a shame really. Yes let's hope there is some new news soon I am getting slightly twitchy. I know Rome wasn't built in a day and there is the tour and everything to come first but there doesn't seem to much news ref the come back.

I still wonder how this is going to work with so many of the cast being in the dark...I just feel like it would've worked better if it had been picked up before a finale was filmed, so that people could've signed on then.

I can't see Aaron/David being back - I think unless both agree to sign on, I feel like they wouldn't want to split them up and I think the actor who played David wanted to leave anyway. If neither of them come back then I guess Nicolette probably won't either. Same with Chloe/Elly - I think April would probably be down for coming back, but I don't think Jodi would want to move to Melbourne again, and I don't think she'd want them split up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.